Live Better

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Live Better
Hello to All
I'm new to the forum, but am not new to listening and learning about others - their thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and dreams.
I don't know how often I may be able to be on here, but thought I'd give it a go...
I never had a strict religious upbringing, in fact my father was always exploring and reading about various religions and certainly influenced me to be very open-minded.
My Mother on the other hand, seems to have been searching for the "right" beliefs or "religious faith" - all her life (and I recently discovered she is still searching) Sometimes my mother is just mind blowing.
Anyway - listening to The Thinking Atheist podcasts and others - is my favorite thing to do as I travel in the car (and I travel a lot). So here I am, although I'm not at home very often - I figured I should join, as I'd like to see what others are talking about - even if only occasionally.
Best Regards & Leave the World a Better Place.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BELLJO's post
30-04-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Live Better
Welcome!
30-04-2015, 07:35 PM
(30-04-2015 06:58 PM)BELLJO Wrote:  Hello to All
I'm new to the forum, but am not new to listening and learning about others - their thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and dreams.
I don't know how often I may be able to be on here, but thought I'd give it a go...
I never had a strict religious upbringing, in fact my father was always exploring and reading about various religions and certainly influenced me to be very open-minded.
My Mother on the other hand, seems to have been searching for the "right" beliefs or "religious faith" - all her life (and I recently discovered she is still searching) Sometimes my mother is just mind blowing.
Anyway - listening to The Thinking Atheist podcasts and others - is my favorite thing to do as I travel in the car (and I travel a lot). So here I am, although I'm not at home very often - I figured I should join, as I'd like to see what others are talking about - even if only occasionally.
Best Regards & Leave the World a Better Place.

Welcome!
01-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Welcome aboard! Smile

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
01-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Welcome, chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Good to have you here, BellJo.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein