Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 05:23 AM
Live Chat
Hi,
Do we have live chat ?
Or maybe an irc channel ?
A Yahoo chat room ?

Can we get such features ? It would be great to talk to people in real time.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2011 06:03 AM by Lilith Pride.)
RE: Live Chat
I'm always a fan, but I'd miss the archiving. It's nice to be able to look back at discussions without having to save logs of ones you liked. I would say that there is a live chat within the thinking atheist facebook group. I'm not sure how that group is yet.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-05-2011, 06:01 AM
I'm all for it! I'm working on a way to implement that without chewing up to many server resources.

The first version will be a shoutbox shared by all forum members. Maybe I'll implement instant messaging in a later version. That is more complex since it requires contact lists and the ability to block and add users to your friends list etc..

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
26-05-2011, 07:43 AM

(26-05-2011 06:01 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I'm all for it! I'm working on a way to implement that without chewing up to many server resources.

The first version will be a shoutbox shared by all forum members. Maybe I'll implement instant messaging in a later version. That is more complex since it requires contact lists and the ability to block and add users to your friends list etc..

Gief!!! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 01:55 PM
@DeepThought
I like you more and more each day Wink

BTW - What server specs are we talking about ? And what OS are we running - Linux ?
Also , is the website's server maintained by a third party that offers us a share of resources ?

I'm curios about these things , sorry.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
26-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi there! Kar98 already posted some moths ago a link to an IRC channel.

(28-01-2011 11:01 PM)Kar98 Wrote:  Updated instructions. Much easier now:

Go to http://webchat.irchighway.net/?channels=TTAF
Fill in your nickname.
Click "connect"

Old school, no bling, barebones interface. Don't be a-scared Wink

Post feedback here.

I might suggest putting this as a important thread until you can provide a fully functional chat service Big Grin.

Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2011, 10:26 AM

Music RE: Live Chat
[Image: gif-anime-chat-4-2.gif?w=260&h=250] I'm all for a live chat. Voice option would be very nice as well. Then we can hear what everyone sounds like, and read their postings as well. Not that I'm a big fan of the music afforded by accents. Nooooo! Being at a loss for one myself, of course. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply