Live Long and Prosper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2018, 02:31 AM
RE: Live Long and Prosper
Hello & welcome Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2018, 02:54 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
19-02-2018, 11:27 AM
(18-02-2018 06:44 PM)RBMG Wrote:  Welcome. Why not move away?

Would love to. I have a few things anchoring me here. I wish it was just that easy. I have a child and it would be in her best interest to get away, i believe, but can't be sure seeing how she doesn't speak so i can't get her input. Additionally I'm kinda hard to get along with, to opinionated and way to observant. I've got my own flaws to be sure but my theory is that with the right people around me I'd be able to get past it.
[+] 3 users Like zankhellendros's post
19-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Hug
19-02-2018, 08:45 PM
(19-02-2018 11:27 AM)zankhellendros Wrote:  
(18-02-2018 06:44 PM)RBMG Wrote:  Welcome. Why not move away?

Would love to. I have a few things anchoring me here. I wish it was just that easy. I have a child and it would be in her best interest to get away, i believe, but can't be sure seeing how she doesn't speak so i can't get her input. Additionally I'm kinda hard to get along with, to opinionated and way to observant. I've got my own flaws to be sure but my theory is that with the right people around me I'd be able to get past it.
Hm. Having a child certainly complicates things but I'd argue that you are not going to be too much of a positive influence in her life if you're as unhappy as you seem to be. And that's not a judgment on you as a parent, just an observation about parent-child relations in general.

Well, you're welcome here and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing from you. This is a place where you can feel more than safe discussing all of the things you think you're right about. I'm sure plenty of people here will be happy to tell you how wrong they think you are Yes

lol but seriously everyone here is pretty cool for the most part, avoid RobValue he's a dick - totally joking, but not really - besides that you are surrounded by like-minded individuals.
19-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the forum family, from the heart of the Tinytown bible-belt. I look forward to bonding with you over such common ground.

For the record, I have bitten my tongue clean through in choosing NOT to wage battle with Tinytown over the fact that its town crest has not one, not two, but three christian religious symbols prominently displayed in it. In fact they take up more than half of the crest space. I know of several organizations that would take up the sword over this if I ever sicced them on the town. But I gotta live here. Moving is not an option and shouldn't have to be. And it has only been a few months since I ever-so-politely and as privately as possible put an end to forced public prayer at the opening of each monthly town meeting. Which ultimately required veiled threats from me over the illegality of it before having the town back down over it. And resulted in my being 'turned over' to the local media by name. I must choose my battles carefully here. Mathematically there are enough churches here to have a less than 100 person per church ratio. Population roughly around 2200. Factually, the single ABC store here in town turned a profit of over a million dollars in 2017. Drunken-redneck-self-righteous christians with an axe to grind against the only somewhat vocal atheist in town.... Yep. Still checking the yard each morning for charred remains of a burnt cross.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
20-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."