"Live eternal life to the fullest"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2014, 10:00 PM
"Live eternal life to the fullest"
So on the way to work today I saw a bumper stick that said "Live eternal life to the fullest" and thought... "Is that even possible?" To live life to the fullest would be living each day with as much effort and happiness as possible. Go do things you love and hang out with people you enjoy. Make an effort to improve your life and the lives of those around you. The measure of fullness to your life would be the number of "lived days" vs number of "sat around doing nothing" days.

But with eternity, is it even possible to live a full eternal life? It doesn't matter how many days you spend doing something meaningful, because the days will never end. It's eternity. You can do 10,000 years worth of eternal life-affirming charitable deeds and have no more of a full life than the guy who took a 10,000 year nap. Because it's eternity. It never ends. Infinity minus 10,000 is still infinity. Only atheists can lead full lives because we're the ones living in the finite time span.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
28-01-2014, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 11:10 PM by Jeffasaurus.)
RE: "Live eternal life to the fullest"
(28-01-2014 10:00 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Only atheists can lead full lives because we're the ones living in the finite time span.
Everyone has finite time spans, we're just the ones that realize it. Thumbsup
But I agree with the rest of your assessment.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply