Living in a heavily Christian household when you have no belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM

RE: Living in a heavily Christian household when you have no belief
(12-04-2012 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Egor, you are an ass. Gonna call Dom out for a fight.

WTF are you talking about?

Now that's calling someone out for a fight! Thumbsup
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 07:06 PM
(11-04-2012 09:44 PM)Zangash Wrote:  I realize how depressed I've become. This very post went from what was meant to be a two sentence post telling you guys my parents were pushing Christianity on me to my entire life story. I've never had anyone to talk to about this, so sorry if I gave too much information. I'm not even sure what kind of responses I'm expecting... I guess I just want something.
You must get out of the house and start your own life. You are in control of your destiny, not your parents, not God, nobody. Once you are on your own, finding your own direction, making new friends who think like you do, life can get a lot more tolerable, maybe even fun sometimes. Don't give up before you've even begun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
(12-04-2012 03:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 02:51 PM)Zangash Wrote:  I actually have several plans to get out. My confidence in them is kinda... low, though. At 11 I kind of figured leaving at 18 was going to happen regardless without really thinking it out. When I was 16 I seriously started plotting.

One way out is through soccer. I'm going to a pretty major tournament with my team in July in Denmark. We're sponsored and everything, so it won't be too expensive, and hundreds of scouts are going to be there to pick up players for their teams. They'll pay for my college and living arrangements if they pick me up.

If that doesn't work, I have another major tournament in August with another team. I think the tournament is being hosted by ESPN. A lot of college scouts will be there. I could possibly get a scholarship to play for a University.

Another way is a book I've been writing. I in no way want to toot my own horn, but I'm a good writer. Everyone I've let read it has loved it. I know, that's really not many in the grand scheme of things, but it's motivating. When I finish it I'm gonna send it to a bunch of companies to try and get them interested, and if it never makes it out of the slush pile I'm gonna enter a contest where all the quality stories entered will get a more or less instant deal on their book. That's not until December, though, but it's the route I have the most confidence in...

As it turns out, one of the people on my team is also an Atheist, and he said he'll help me find a group.

Thanks for the help.

I've got chances, but not anytime in the immediate future.

I was never actually told emotional turmoil can cause flare ups, but I kind of had a suspicion... Thanks for confirming it.

Eat often and little at a time, and learn to love fish. Don't smoke. Flareups will become less and less likely as you get older until you hit your 50s.

Your plans sound good if you are good at soccer. You should check into all types of scholarships, there are quite a few out there. You may get a literary one for instance. Not knowing you I can't suggest any others but go and track down lists of scholarships and see what may fit.

Sounds like you are on the right track already.

Don't hate your parents, they mean well enough. Just sift the good from the bad and go with that. I bet of you make a list of all the good things about them and what they do for you, you will surprise yourself.
Got any tips on what to do about my loos stools? I've had the runs every day since my last surgery and they're kind of embarrassing.

And I like to THINK I'm good at soccer. I used to play Club, then Classic, and then I was going to Academy in FC Dallas but they wanted an incredible $2000 when previously they let me play for free.

Honestly, I think my story is my best bet, though. Would you like to read it and tell me what you think? I really love feedback, and it'd help me win that contest.
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Guess what? Life sucks.
Guess what else? Life can surely suck even worse sometimes.

But the best of all is that no matter how much it sucks sometimes it can still be amazing and wonderful.

If you sit there and focus only on the negative aspects of your life that is all you will see and all you will feel.
Get some control over yourself.

You could always have been one of those starving kids in Africa with the worms that have to be pulled out of their skin, only to get recruited by one of those gangs that kill everyone for no particularly good reason.

Compared to them your life is fucking roses.

Perspective is important.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
(12-04-2012 07:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Guess what? Life sucks.
Guess what else? Life can surely suck even worse sometimes.

But the best of all is that no matter how much it sucks sometimes it can still be amazing and wonderful.

If you sit there and focus only on the negative aspects of your life that is all you will see and all you will feel.
Get some control over yourself.

You could always have been one of those starving kids in Africa with the worms that have to be pulled out of their skin, only to get recruited by one of those gangs that kill everyone for no particularly good reason.

Compared to them your life is fucking roses.

Perspective is important.

"Someone hit me with their car while running a red light while I was crossing the street. They didn't bother to stop, and I now can't walk, can barely move my arms, and talking hurts. But hey! In China and India they have to work in factories for ridiculous hours for practically no pay! A lot of them even DIE from the poor and dangerous working directions! I'm so glad I'm not like those poor bastards!"

That's all I heard there. Sorry. The "It could always be worse" mentality could fit for just about anything.
12-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Yep. And how's that a bad thing for you?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
12-04-2012, 08:26 PM
(12-04-2012 08:05 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Yep. And how's that a bad thing for you?

Ignoring major problems because it could be worse isn't practical.
12-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Who said ignore.

Perspective is important. That's what I said.
You don't like that i take it?

Want me to tell you that I feel sorry for you or something? I don't.
If that's what you're looking for you won't get it from me. But just say so before hand and I won't even bother posting in the thread.

12-04-2012, 08:58 PM
(12-04-2012 08:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Who said ignore.

Perspective is important. That's what I said.
You don't like that i take it?

Want me to tell you that I feel sorry for you or something? I don't.
If that's what you're looking for you won't get it from me. But just say so before hand and I won't even bother posting in the thread.

I find it funny how you're the one getting upset about it just because I'm not responding positively to you.

I don't care if you feel sorry for me. What are YOU expecting? For me to agree with you mindlessly?