Living on Mars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: Living on Mars
(28-02-2014 03:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 03:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  It would be cool for the first two weeks you were there.....and then the novelty would wear off and it would suck for the rest of your life.

Wow kinda like you being back here again Angel

Shoo (again) fly!

You're trading up this thread.

Shoo (again) bitch!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2014, 03:42 PM
(28-02-2014 03:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 03:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wow kinda like you being back here again Angel

Shoo (again) fly!

You're trading up this thread.

Shoo (again) bitch!

Look who's talking

Just shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2014, 08:35 PM
(28-02-2014 09:39 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  How cool would that be?

Have you read the book Packing for Mars? http://www.maryroach.net/packing-for-mars

"Space is a world devoid of the things we need to live and thrive: air, gravity, hot showers, fresh produce, privacy, beer. Space exploration is in some ways an exploration of what it means to be human. How much can a person give up? How much weirdness can they take? What happens to you when you can’t walk for a year? have sex? smell flowers? What happens if you vomit in your helmet during a space walk? Is it possible for the human body to survive a bailout at 17,000 miles per hour? To answer these questions, space agencies set up all manner of quizzical and startlingly bizarre space simulations. As Mary Roach discovers, it’s possible to preview space without ever leaving Earth. From the space shuttle training toilet to a crash test of NASA’s new space capsule (cadaver filling in for astronaut), Roach takes us on a surreally entertaining trip into the science of life in space and space on Earth."

I think I'll stay.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-03-2014, 07:33 AM
I've actually been thinking really deeply about this the past few days. (Not sure why)

Back when the opportunity to sign up was presented, I decided that I wouldn't go solely because I want to make my movies and such. With my life being what it is, however, if I had no desire to pursue my artistic goals, you can bet your ass I would want to be on that flight. I'd even give Earth the finger as we flew off into space. lol

As it stands, though, I'm elated to know that this is being pursued and I'm more than happy to watch it unfold.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 09:04 AM
(28-02-2014 08:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 09:39 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  How cool would that be?

Have you read the book Packing for Mars? http://www.maryroach.net/packing-for-mars

"Space is a world devoid of the things we need to live and thrive: air, gravity, hot showers, fresh produce, privacy, beer. Space exploration is in some ways an exploration of what it means to be human. How much can a person give up? How much weirdness can they take? What happens to you when you can’t walk for a year? have sex? smell flowers? What happens if you vomit in your helmet during a space walk? Is it possible for the human body to survive a bailout at 17,000 miles per hour? To answer these questions, space agencies set up all manner of quizzical and startlingly bizarre space simulations. As Mary Roach discovers, it’s possible to preview space without ever leaving Earth. From the space shuttle training toilet to a crash test of NASA’s new space capsule (cadaver filling in for astronaut), Roach takes us on a surreally entertaining trip into the science of life in space and space on Earth."

I think I'll stay.

Have you read Red Mars, Green Mars, and Blue Mars? I'd like to go.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-03-2014, 09:45 AM
(01-03-2014 09:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
I'd like to go.

We'd like that too.

Drinking Beverage

01-03-2014, 09:51 AM
(01-03-2014 09:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 09:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
I'd like to go.

We'd like that too.

Drinking Beverage

I'd still have internet.Evil_monster

01-03-2014, 09:53 AM
(01-03-2014 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 09:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  We'd like that too.

Drinking Beverage

I'd still have internet.Evil_monster

Yeah, but at several minutes delay.

... this is my signature!
01-03-2014, 10:01 AM
(01-03-2014 09:53 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'd still have internet.Evil_monster

Yeah, but at several minutes delay.

It varies from 3 to 21 minutes. And there is a blackout region when the sun intervenes (solar conjunction) lasting nearly a month.

A few minutes isn't bad.