Living the darwin lifestyle.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Living the darwin lifestyle.
I was driving today and had a thought. This also has to do with something I heard on the radio as well. I was on my way home from the mall and was cut off by 2 assholes doing at least 80 in a 55. Likewise on the radio, I heard an advertisement for Mark Lavin. In this commercial he was talking about hurting peoples feelings and how he doesn't care. He was reffering to cutting people off in traffic and a few other things. So, I am a security guard and I am used to getting dumped on so it really doesn't bother me. I drive an old car and so maybe according to Darwin I am inferior to these shit for brains assholes that drive the new luxury cars. Well, I try to keep to the speed limit as much as I can. I don't pass illegally and avoid a bunch of other things that these people who are full of themselves do. I, like them want to live according to darwin. So, here's the thing. If you do these thigs and fuck up, ending up on the side of the road bleeding. I am not going to call the police if you were being a self important prick. By my standards the world will be far better off without your kind. If you pass me over a double solid yellow line and I encounter you flipped over somewhere down the road, you will be lucky if I don't run into your wreckage at full power. Of course I would only go around, because I have things to do and don't need to get involved. I am curious if you feel the same way, that maybe nature has decided that the idiots die to make life better for others?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 12:04 AM
RE: Living the darwin lifestyle.
First of all, I love driving and thinking about stuff. I should get a recording device because that's when I do my best thinking.

But, your question. I wouldn't do that, I'd stop. I value even stupid life. And isn't first place what brings in the strongest to move forward in evolution? His instincts were driving him stupid, lol. However, assuming this fucker makes it to the hospital after I stop to cauterize him (I'm so mean- but the bleeding has to stop, right? I kid) and call 911, who knows what else he is missing out on in life? Didn't land that promotion and gets fired, or whatever, because he's in the hospital for two months. Who knows?

Like I've said before, 'The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!' Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
27-08-2012, 12:15 AM
(27-08-2012 12:04 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  First of all, I love driving and thinking about stuff. I should get a recording device because that's when I do my best thinking.

But, your question. I wouldn't do that, I'd stop. I value even stupid life. And isn't first place what brings in the strongest to move forward in evolution? His instincts were driving him stupid, lol. However, assuming this fucker makes it to the hospital after I stop to cauterize him (I'm so mean- but the bleeding has to stop, right? I kid) and call 911, who knows what else he is missing out on in life? Didn't land that promotion and gets fired, or whatever, because he's in the hospital for two months. Who knows?

Like I've said before, 'The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!' Big Grin

I have to disagree. In my line of work, I see much stupidity. It always seems like the stupid, the drunks, the assholes never have any consequences for their actions. By refusing to help someone who clearly deserves the outcome, we ensure that they will never do it again. If they die or end up paralized, they can't do it again. If they get themselves out, they might just learn not to do it again. I tend to believe that they must be treated with the same disconnected disregard they treat others with in order to learn a really important lesson, even if it ends up killing them.
27-08-2012, 12:38 AM
(27-08-2012 12:15 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 12:04 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  First of all, I love driving and thinking about stuff. I should get a recording device because that's when I do my best thinking.

I have to disagree. In my line of work, I see much stupidity. It always seems like the stupid, the drunks, the assholes never have any consequences for their actions. By refusing to help someone who clearly deserves the outcome, we ensure that they will never do it again. If they die or end up paralized, they can't do it again. If they get themselves out, they might just learn not to do it again. I tend to believe that they must be treated with the same disconnected disregard they treat others with in order to learn a really important lesson, even if it ends up killing them.

So then you are more of the 'An eye for an eye' variety. 'Or, if you can't beat 'em, join them'?

Because by doing what you do, aren't you doing (being) the same thing?
27-08-2012, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 12:55 AM by Logisch.)
Fun and interesting insertion:

You say you feel like people assume you're less important due to an older car.
Do you assume people in newer cars drive like assholes even though they perhaps don't? (let's say an expensive sports car) and would that keep you from calling 911?

I have to say that I would still call 911 even if they did something stupid. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes. Someone driving stupid doesn't mean they are stupid about everything else. What if Einstein drove like an asshole? Let's pretend that for a moment Einstein was driving down the road in a ferrari. He cut you off, flipped you off and not a mile later he spun out and flipped his Ferrari. Man.... you were SO FUCKING MAD, that guy flipped you off and cut you off. Whatever, he spun out and wrecked... "now he got his" you think.

Thing is, maybe you just saw that he had a crazy haircut, you didn't KNOW it was Einstein. You decide to say "Fuck that guy he can just die." and you don't call 911. You see later on in the news that Einstein dies from a car wreck and the ambulance did not get to him in time. Well.... shit. To think, maybe if someone had the chance to save him and tell Einstein he was a raging dickhead driver he might not drive like an asshole anymore. He still gets to live his life, be a genius, do physics and he stops driving like an idiot.

I can understand you relating to seeing stupidity at work to seeing it on the road. However, the actions of someone on the road does not dictate their habits perhaps when they are out of the vehicle. I know a lot of people who are big teddy bears and nice as can be. Get them in a car and HOLY FUCK they get road rage hardcore. You might even say people are a "different creature" entirely in a car.

How do you know what kind of person drives the vehicle? You don't. Sure, they drive like an asshole, but are they an asshole the rest of the time? What if it was a doctor who did surgery on someone you knew, they saved a life prior and because they broke the law on the road, did something stupid and make an error on their part you would rather see them suffer and die?

We talk a LOT on this forum (at least a lot of people I see) of treating your fellow man well from a moral or ethical dictation because you would like to see them do the same for yourself. So if you do something stupid, make a mistake, wreck, should I be a dick and let YOU die? Would you really want me making that decision on a split second because I was upset that you did something stupid, your whole life of however many years you've been alive... to just allow you to die? No more chances for you, it's over, no ambulance, no call. How would it make YOU feel? Wouldn't you think if you knew that you would tell someone "Man... i would have learned my lesson HONESTLY, why did you let me die?"

None of us bust out of the womb making perfect and logical or rational decisions. We are all human and we do stupid things, ALL of us from time to time. Should we not allow people the chance to learn from them when they make them? Or when a fellow human being makes a mistake should we sentence them to no more chances and simply watch them fade away, the one chance they had at life... into nothing.

I value life more than that.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
27-08-2012, 01:01 AM
(27-08-2012 12:48 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Fun and interesting insertion:

You say you feel like people assume you're less important due to an older car.
Do you assume people in newer cars drive like assholes even though they perhaps don't? (let's say an expensive sports car) and would that keep you from calling 911?

I have to say that I would still call 911 even if they did something stupid. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes. Someone driving stupid doesn't mean they are stupid about everything else. What if Einstein drove like an asshole? Let's pretend that for a moment Einstein was driving down the road in a ferrari. He cut you off, flipped you off and not a mile later he spun out and flipped his Ferrari. Man.... you were SO FUCKING MAD, that guy flipped you off and cut you off. Whatever, he spun out and wrecked... "now he got his" you think.

Thing is, maybe you just saw that he had a crazy haircut, you didn't KNOW it was Einstein. You decide to say "Fuck that guy he can just die." and you don't call 911. You see later on in the news that Einstein dies from a car wreck and the ambulance did not get to him in time. Well.... shit. To think, maybe if someone had the chance to save him and tell Einstein he was a raging dickhead driver he might not drive like an asshole anymore. He still gets to live his life, be a genius, do physics and he stops driving like an idiot.

I can understand you relating to seeing stupidity at work to seeing it on the road. However, the actions of someone on the road does not dictate their habits perhaps when they are out of the vehicle. I know a lot of people who are big teddy bears and nice as can be. Get them in a car and HOLY FUCK they get road rage hardcore. You might even say people are a "different creature" entirely in a car.

How do you know what kind of person drives the vehicle? You don't. Sure, they drive like an asshole, but are they an asshole the rest of the time? What if it was a doctor who did surgery on someone you knew, they saved a life prior and because they broke the law on the road, did something stupid and make an error on their part you would rather see them suffer and die?

We talk a LOT on this forum (at least a lot of people I see) of treating your fellow man well from a moral or ethical dictation because you would like to see them do the same for yourself. So if you do something stupid, make a mistake, wreck, should I be a dick and let YOU die? Would you really want me making that decision on a split second because I was upset that you did something stupid, your whole life of however many years you've been alive... to just allow you to die? No more chances for you, it's over, no ambulance, no call. How would it make YOU feel? Wouldn't you think if you knew that you would tell someone "Man... i would have learned my lesson HONESTLY, why did you let me die?"

None of us bust out of the womb making perfect and logical or rational decisions. We are all human and we do stupid things, ALL of us from time to time. Should we not allow people the chance to learn from them when they make them? Or when a fellow human being makes a mistake should we sentence them to no more chances and simply watch them fade away, the one chance they had at life... into nothing.

I value life more than that.

I see this differently. One of these assholes kills themself on the road, because they needed to get to the mall a few minutes quicker than everyone else. I feel they should die alone instead of getting the chance to go do it again and this time kill or harm someone else, because last time someone was there to save their ass. No harm to them, because they lied about how it happened and had an expensive lawyer to make sure they don't lose their license. Better off dying now, than having a chance of hurting or killing one of my kids when I finally have one.
27-08-2012, 01:04 AM
That didn't answer my question.

If you drove like an idiot and you were in a hurry and you caused someone else harm, should we let you die as well?
If you made a mistake and deep down you had the intention of learning from it, you knew for a fact you wouldn't do it again, you were remorseful... should you be allowed to die anyway?

No second chances here, you made a booboo, someone is mad at you. Do we call and let you live? Or do we say "fuck it, let him suffer." and drive on?
27-08-2012, 02:08 AM
As I stated, I try to follow the rules. I am talking about those that are so far over the speed limit that they are quite dangerous to others.
27-08-2012, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 02:56 AM by Logisch.)
Still dodging the question and dancing around the answer like a mexican hat dance.

You made a mistake. Just as the people you talk of make a mistake. You're human, you were late to work, someone pissed in your cheerios that morning, someone kicked you in the balls, and that day your cat pissed on your bed and to top it off your microwave blew up and you had no breakfast, you're not in your same mindset and suddenly you're late for work. You decided to say "fuck it" this day and in your fit of emotions you drive like an asshole. You go over the speed limit that day. No one else on the road knows you, but since you were going over the speed limit it looks like you're a self absorbed asshole. Regardless of your choices, you make a mistake and you're on the side of the road bleeding in your car.

Do we let you die? Or do we let you live?

There's the possibility that someday you might make a mistake and seriously injure or kill someone, because you obviously were driving like an asshole. Even though YOU know that you'll learn from your mistake. We don't know you from atom. We have no way to determine why you drove like an asshole even though now you're regretting your choice to make that choice and damnit you've tried all this time to follow the rules so damn well. But now you're there, and it's not looking good.

Do we drive on and let you bleed to death, or do we call 911 and say that some dude was just driving like an asshole and wrecked and someone better get an ambulance?

Put yourself in the same position. It's one of your kids. They're driving over the speed limit and wreck because they decided to act on an impulse even though you tried to teach them to be responsible adults. Now THEY are on the side of the road, bleeding to death. Do we say fuck it and let them die too? We also don't know them from atom. They appear to just be assholes driving over the speed limit endangering others.
27-08-2012, 03:02 AM
(27-08-2012 01:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I see this differently. One of these assholes kills themself on the road, because they needed to get to the mall a few minutes quicker than everyone else. I feel they should die alone instead of getting the chance to go do it again and this time kill or harm someone else, because last time someone was there to save their ass. No harm to them, because they lied about how it happened and had an expensive lawyer to make sure they don't lose their license. Better off dying now, than having a chance of hurting or killing one of my kids when I finally have one.

You would have no idea why he is speeding or whatever. His kid could be dying in hospital for all you know... that could easily be you or someone you care about. Sure, this person shouldn't be recklessly driving, but people do some stupid things... this isn't not stupid enough to be left by the side of the road to die though. We need compassion in society or shit would crumble.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post