LoL - rambling a bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: LoL - rambling a bit
(25-08-2012 02:47 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  try exiting and then logging back in. LoL is soooo buggy. It's totally bug ridden. Lost count how many times it just died on me or when I click on the store it just shows black so I have to exit and login again.

Also entering games... Keep getting bullshit firewall messages popping up even though I tried disabling windows firewall. Didn't make a difference. Sometimes it works perfectly. Other times its buggy as hell.
That's what happens when you program a game on the basis of Adobe Air. The following image is a good representation of my reaction when I found out about it:

[Image: facepalm-gif.5298]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-08-2012, 10:55 PM
The game kida has two parts... the portal with the integrated shop, etc, running on adobe air. And the game itself which is coded more efficiently, the main engine probably coded in C++.

Adobe Air explains why it retrieves the web data via IE.

I checked recently and there are ~103 champions to pick from in this game. How do they manage to balance it properly? It seems allot of them aren't playable if you are counting on winning. Maybe 20 of them would be used in high level play.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
26-08-2012, 04:55 AM
well after trying out soraka yesterday I think i like her. just can't handle her buttons yet... but was fun, kinda Big Grin

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2012, 05:00 AM
(25-08-2012 10:55 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I checked recently and there are ~103 champions to pick from in this game. How do they manage to balance it properly? It seems allot of them aren't playable if you are counting on winning. Maybe 20 of them would be used in high level play.
They didn't and still don't manage to balance it properly. It becomes obvious every time a tournament takes place. The "pro's" abuse their champion and they get nerfed hard after that. Remember when Nunu and Jarvan IV were nerfed because the one's who won the tournament owned with them? Remember how they nerfed Jax, suddenly claiming that dodging is 'no fun'? Remember when they buffed Rumble, because he was 'too weak', then came back like three days later and said "Welp, we made him way too overpowered...". Remember when they nerfed the gold/5 items after a tournament? The list goes on and on. They're like:

[Image: i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg]

Yeah. Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-08-2012, 05:39 AM
(26-08-2012 04:55 AM)Leela Wrote:  well after trying out soraka yesterday I think i like her. just can't handle her buttons yet... but was fun, kinda Big Grin

Soraka is awesome Big Grin You get to stand back, watch the action while you buff your teammates from behind. The look on your opponent's face when your heal saved the carry from a devastating ultimate is priceless. Also, near infinite harasses for your mana-intensive lanemate. Warding around and finding an entire enemy team hiding within the brushes is another exciting thing as a support hero.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
26-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I Just got ganked playing Soraka cos the guy I was supposed to be laning with was texting his friends for the first 5 mins and I grabbed the mana regen skill first playing solo against Teemo and Garan.

Drives me crazy.
He's like 'Sorry... was txting my friends'
Stupid game thats reliant on other players... Angry

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
26-08-2012, 08:56 AM
when i play soraka I just use her third ability as a free harassment nuke. When it gets to lvl 2-3 you only rly need to cast it on your ally if they are spamming like hell. Keep their mana above hapf and the rest of the time nuke down the others. (free nuke/silence/mana? and not op?)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
26-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Ok so I just played Soraka again, twice
I watched a few guides and games plays first.
One thing I noticed > The people who have a Soraka on lane with them start doing midless stupid shit which results in them dieing a lot because I can't spam heal, it has a cool down.
I decided to always have the W first, seems like a good idea.

For the build, until now I did what was in the suggestions, but somehow it is not really working well. I feel I need better cool down reduction and health for myself, otherwise I am feeding. So I will try other items next time.
I like the E for nuking the enemy a lot, wonderful, and you can basically spam it.
The Q is great once it is levelled, and I level it pretty much last because as support I find it more important to heal properly and give mana.

What I miss on Soraka, and I think that this was on purpose, is something you can use to harass the enemy on lane. like Caitlyn's traps, or Ashe's seven arrows, or Teemo's mushrooms... Soraka doesn't have anything like that. She is completely dependent on a tank or AD on lane. Staying alone and keeping the enemy and minions under control while the laning partner goes to buy stuff is really difficult in my opinion.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2012, 01:46 PM
well with soraka you want to get heal and infuse fast. I tend to max out infuse for the harass, one out of every three time i use it is on an ally especially when it get to lvl3-4. The heal work really well on her because of its cool down. You tend to regen back at least half it's cost when it come back off cooldown.
Her q is a mid-late game ability, use it to push out lanes to keep the pressure on.
She doesn't need a ton of ap, but if you get to 100 you may want a little more.
so r>e>w>q

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

27-08-2012, 01:51 PM
oh and for item get all the gp/10 except avarice blade and build them into items(i tend to get athenes unholy grail first with the three ticking before hand) shuralyas has 15%cd reduction so does grail and dwath fire grasp however her q only goes down to 1.5s w to 12s(maybe?) e to 6 and r to 78 so some of the reduction is redundant. also buy 2-3 wards every time a set expires to keep vision up