LoL - rambling a bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2012, 03:32 AM
RE: LoL - rambling a bit
I don't mind people giving up when the game isn't close. I only have an issue when the game is close enough to be easily redeemable and people give up.

If they are being crushed 5-10 kills vs 20 then what is the point continuing. Then it's like stealing candy from a baby. How can you enjoy that?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2012, 09:46 AM
10-20 isn't being crushed, maybe if they have a 20 kill lead than they have an advantage, but heroes become stronger or weaker the longer a game lasts, so it is not set in stone.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
16-09-2012, 12:26 PM
DeepThought, I have seen matches and even played, that where turned around completely at that state. You only need a dragon kill or to push through as a team and everything is evened out. Telling you.
Only problem are people who will not communicate with the rest of the team, not even with pings. I am not the big chatter during matches but I find it very important to at least ping when you need help or blah. Map awareness important... blah... I can talk all day, I have a great "guru" in this game Big Grin So even as fairly a newb to the game I do get a few things that others who are really the same level don't. Like yesterday I called "MIA" when the enemy Garen, who's been on my lane the whole time, suddenly disappeared. And the answer was "What's mia?"
Missing in Action = MIA = During laning phase, the enemy on your lane disappears for no good reason.
My Garen, for example, had nearly full health, had a normal build for the level, and was farming as well as I did, but he went away.
You call "mia" when the person is gone, to alert the team that a gank might happen. If you see where the enemy is heading (because you warded or whatever) you say "my Garen is heading top" or wherever he is heading. Just give it a short shout out so the others are alert.
I find that quite important, because noone is staring at the minimap all the time.

When someone does not react at all to what is being said on chat, I try pings, when that still doesn't help I get annoyed. Such people often just feed the enemy team and makes your team lose.

Now because I had this great match today, I will share:
[Image: legendary.gif]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2012, 01:55 PM
What's important is everyone works together, I had a game recently where we were pushed back into our base; at one point we may have had 2 inhibs down. We banded together one or two good wave cleaners kept the minions back while the rest of us pushed one lane. Once the inhibs re-spawned we pushed hard, pushing them back into their base and taking the game.

I don't know if this is normal, but what I find on EUW is instead of calling "MIA" you call "SS". I don't know what "SS" stands for but I just roll with it.

If there's one thing I'm really bad about is missing MIAs, I have a difficult time typing while in game (some times just in general). I found the warning ping button on accident so that helps. One of these days I'll remember to remap some buttons so I can actually use them, like smart cast (or map one of my mouse buttons to that.)
16-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Cool thing > I have a gaming mouse with like 12 buttons
Bad thing> No clue how to set them

16-09-2012, 05:13 PM
(16-09-2012 02:01 PM)Leela Wrote:  Cool thing > I have a gaming mouse with like 12 buttons
Bad thing> No clue how to set them

Mine has 12 buttons, I think I have to install the software for it to reset the buttons since windows will only recognize 5 buttons with out it. I was a nice mouse when I was playing a healer in WoW, but since I stopped I havn't really used more than 4 buttons.

Heh ya, I just got done plowing through about 10 games on the US server to enter the contest on lolking.net. I thought I was going to be easy since I mainly play female champs: Sona, Soraka, Janna, Morgana, Ahri. However, first they had to be during the contest date, and second no AI or custom games. I had an AI game to learn Morgana in there but as I was working on that I had to play many more due to the lack of attention I give my US acct. I really should have done it on my EU West acct, I probably would have had to play just as many games, I just had to shove an Allistar off.

Oh well at least I had some good games with Sona, ksing (Kill Secured!) and just generally being a pest to the opposing team. And I probably got reported even tho we won a game, because I tried Riven (someone else locked in support before me). I wasn't horrible but I wasn't really good either. I had no clue on how to build her as she was a last second choice, but after a rocky start I started to do my share of the work. I didn't get a positive Kill to Death ratio but after one team fight, they surrendered. I don't remember if it was just Cho, Malphite, and me taking out 4 or all the opposing team.
17-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Thought i'd share a game I had.. Ashe is pretty squishy at the start till I got frozen mallet.

Managed to catch the enemy team going for baron - hawkeye comes in handy for that.

[Image: lol_capture.JPG]

17-09-2012, 02:08 AM
nice minion kills!
But interesting build. I never get frozen mallet on Ashe.
Normally I get boots and potions for the start, and the first item i normally buy is the phantom dancer, everything after that is situational. Blood thirster is a good idea but two of them? I like to get Banjee's Vail for the health and magic benefits.

And wow, you play a lot. Didn't you start just recently? I started like 4 or 5 month ago and am lvl 17 Big Grin

17-09-2012, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2012 02:24 AM by DeepThought.)
My runes give ~20% attack speed. If I get berzerkers I get another +20% as. I practically have a phantom dancer at that point so I go for raw damage output - infinity edge next.

Frozen mallet gives a tonne of health and ensures a target never escapes. Once I hit with one arrow that player is trapped and dead especially combined with Ashe's slow. Great in a team fight.

2 bloodthirsters means +120atk and 24% lifesteal. Ashe can focus down enemies handily... Also a great response to thornmail. Two people on the enemy team had thornmail so I could focus them down without losing health. Actually slowly gaining health. High dps units do good with allot of lifesteal.

17-09-2012, 08:38 PM
^bloodthirsters are 60-100 dmg and 12-20 life steal x2 is 120-200 and 24-40

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.