WTF are you guys on about?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: LoL - rambling a bit
assist means that you assisted another player killing an enemy player
killing spree means that you killed a lot of enemies without dieing yourself

So I killed 10 enemy players in a row (basically one of them fed me for a long time haha) and died 0 times throughout the whole game.

Today btw I played two. Won two, but basically the enemy team gave up. We did well, I am happy hah

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
17-08-2012, 08:06 AM
lol, I am sitting at my desk at lunch break, watching a caitlyn game play.
Suddenly a finger apears from behind me, touching the screen and a voice is like "noob"

Was one of our tech guys Big Grin He plays LoL too Big Grin

17-08-2012, 08:33 AM
(17-08-2012 08:06 AM)Leela Wrote:  lol, I am sitting at my desk at lunch break, watching a caitlyn game play.
Suddenly a finger apears from behind me, touching the screen and a voice is like "noob"

Was one of our tech guys Big Grin He plays LoL too Big Grin

Lol, Tongue Brilliant.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
17-08-2012, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 10:19 PM by DeepThought.)
Ok, I signed up and started playing - getting the hang of things. It's kindof addictive but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm practicing against AI and keep getting gang raped... The computer players get all the killing sprees.. Well we usually win. It's just the early-mid game seems sluggish and backwards.

Oh, I gave Leela the referral since she started the thread.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
17-08-2012, 11:49 PM
(17-08-2012 09:58 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Ok, I signed up and started playing - getting the hang of things. It's kindof addictive but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm practicing against AI and keep getting gang raped... The computer players get all the killing sprees.. Well we usually win. It's just the early-mid game seems sluggish and backwards.

Oh, I gave Leela the referral since she started the thread.

What server are you on?

The key is to not die. Oh and stick with ai easy first because players will slaughter you.

And which champion do you play? Because each champion has a certain role, like some are AD (attack damage) some are AP (ability points), some you mass HP and armor and MR (magic resistance) etc...
So like if you're playing Veigar you don't want to be stacking AD as that is extremely pointless. But in saying that you don't wanna be playing someone like Varus and stack AP when all his damage is AD.

Stick to a lane, bottom or top so there's two of you. You want to get the last hit on an enemy minion as the last hit gets the kills. So like wait for the minion to have like 1/5th hp left then hit it. Knowing when to hit it just takes practice. Pressing 'S' on the keyboard stops your Champion from auto firing at things. So if you see a friendly champion just sitting there and getting last hits that's why he's doing it.
Most likely people will just be attacking everything flat out not caring. This makes it easy to get last hit from friendly champions.
But basically get last hit kills on minions. When you get close to turrets (towers) let your minions get there first and move away when they are all about to die (so when there is one left run away). Turrets kill, especially early.
The key to winning is to destroy turrets, but nobody plays like this, they chase enemy champs on low health all over the map just to die to a turret because they're stupid.
You can do a custom match of just you to get the hang of this bit if you like but I'd suggest just sticking to ai easy.
So the biggest problem you'll have is enemy champions. Easy ai is by far the easiest opponents, they're predictable and the same few champions every time. If you are range you want to hit enemy champions attacking your minions as often as possible, really harass those enemy champs, make them fall back. If your teammate goes in for a kill make sure to help him out, but don't follow him past the turrets as he's not gonna get the kill and just die instead.

Also, attacking enemy champs by turrets makes turrets attack you so don't do that, even if it's attacking friendly minions.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
18-08-2012, 01:30 AM
hehe thanks Deep Thought Smile
Especially when I played AI I liked Garen a lot but once I moved into games with real players (and I did that really early) I switched to Ashe who I play AD carry.
I just started a gaming blog, going into detail about the things I am learning in the game. Gonna post on weekends regulary.
Giving tips that work well for me or that I got from experienced players.
Today I am setting up a post that will have lots of links and useful game play videos on it.
http://gamingatheist.blogspot.ie/ if interested... no i didn't find a better name, everything i wanted was not available! darn it.

Apart from that I had a lot of fun last night. I played one round with dredmal and two with a coworker and his friends.
With dredmal we won the match
With the coworker and his friends we actually were on skype at the same time. They were really cool when I said that I am really a newbie and that the only thing I can play decent is Ashe. So they let me pick her, I got a great support on my lane. She took good care of me while I got to farm minions. I must have hit most minions ever in that match and was really well fed.
The team kinda carried me with small instructions which helped a lot because I was the lowest level in the whole match as I am lvl 14 and three in the team 30 and one 17. so average might have been around 27 throughout all players.
In the second match I took Miss Fortune... I sucked real bad with her, at times I had no idea where to even go as for some reason we weren't pushing any towers or anything... no clue why noone was doing anything at that point, they kept talking about batman while stopping to push. Just kind waiting for the enemy team to do something,... dunno... but we won the first and lost the second, so overall i had two wins yesterdaz Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
18-08-2012, 09:18 PM
(18-08-2012 01:30 AM)Leela Wrote:  hehe thanks Deep Thought Smile
Especially when I played AI I liked Garen a lot but once I moved into games with real players (and I did that really early) I switched to Ashe who I play AD carry.
I just started a gaming blog, going into detail about the things I am learning in the game. Gonna post on weekends regulary.
Giving tips that work well for me or that I got from experienced players.
Today I am setting up a post that will have lots of links and useful game play videos on it.
http://gamingatheist.blogspot.ie/ if interested... no i didn't find a better name, everything i wanted was not available! darn it.

Apart from that I had a lot of fun last night. I played one round with dredmal and two with a coworker and his friends.
With dredmal we won the match
With the coworker and his friends we actually were on skype at the same time. They were really cool when I said that I am really a newbie and that the only thing I can play decent is Ashe. So they let me pick her, I got a great support on my lane. She took good care of me while I got to farm minions. I must have hit most minions ever in that match and was really well fed.
The team kinda carried me with small instructions which helped a lot because I was the lowest level in the whole match as I am lvl 14 and three in the team 30 and one 17. so average might have been around 27 throughout all players.
In the second match I took Miss Fortune... I sucked real bad with her, at times I had no idea where to even go as for some reason we weren't pushing any towers or anything... no clue why noone was doing anything at that point, they kept talking about batman while stopping to push. Just kind waiting for the enemy team to do something,... dunno... but we won the first and lost the second, so overall i had two wins yesterdaz Smile

Nice, I'll check it out.

A little tip for playing champs you've never played before. As soon as you lock in minimize the game (when game is loading can be done by pressing alt+tab, go into your browser and search "*champ name* guide lol" in google and click the first link, then typically the first guide in the list.
Give you a quick understanding of what kind of items to buy and stuff.

18-08-2012, 11:58 PM
(16-08-2012 03:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  23 assists!!
Beat that bitches.

Will 40 assists do?

[Image: 40assists.png]
19-08-2012, 01:55 AM
(18-08-2012 11:58 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 03:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  23 assists!!
Beat that bitches.

Will 40 assists do?

[Image: 40assists.png]

Shocking

Yea you win. Big Grin