LoL - rambling a bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: LoL - rambling a bit
(18-08-2012 09:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nice, I'll check it out.

A little tip for playing champs you've never played before. As soon as you lock in minimize the game (when game is loading can be done by pressing alt+tab, go into your browser and search "*champ name* guide lol" in google and click the first link, then typically the first guide in the list.
Give you a quick understanding of what kind of items to buy and stuff.

I would be afraid to miss the beginning of the match if I did that, because I forget what I just started when I start something else, in a matter of seconds.
Normally, like with Caitlyn, I will watch a lot of guides and build suggestions beforehand, but it doesn't help too much because apart from AD I don't know what champion has what role. (excluding Dr Mundo who I think should be played as a tank)

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2012, 01:12 AM
So.. I'm up to lvl 11 and I'm winning the occasional PvP. Starting to get the hand of things though playing for free makes progress slow! Still not considering paying money though.

Been using Sivir allot cos she looks nice. It's still hard killing players with her abilities.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
21-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Well the goal of the game is not to kill players, you do it if you need to, to push a tower or because they are in the way and attack you.
Being too aggressive is no good, especially early game.
And the play style is changing the higher you get. Very low level/trolls/assholes will play aggressive as hell, while everyone who wants to win and have fun won't.

Yesterday I had an interesting match. First I was just cursing, I was Ashe on bot with Sona as support. The Sona Player actually stated to be a support player so I got a Dorans Sword instead of boots and potions. Gosh I died so much, and cursed so much, because that "support player" ran at the first glimpse of an enemy player.
But we actually won anyway Big Grin They surrendered

21-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Wow, I know Sona is one of the squishiest champs, but she has good poke. However I would suggest taking potions no matter what support you run with. Sona's heal is weak but on a short cooldown, but if she has to spam it she'll OOM fast, especially at low level when she dosn't have much mana regen. Though I'm glad the game ended well.

I know how you feel DT, I just started an EUWest acct and I'm stuck with the free champs, thankfully they had Amumu last week and Janna this week so I had a few good games.Hopefully soon I'll have enough IP to buy some of the champs that I like to play like Sona and Soraka.
21-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Taric IMO is the best support, better then Sona anyway.
He's tanky, not squishy and he has a very nice little ranged stun. I've never played Sona though so what do i know.

I must say, this game is very good and giving me good free champ rotations. I'd been thinking about buying Singed but wasn't really sure, and then what champ is free this week? Singed! And Diana which is nice. Yet to try him out but I'll get to it tonight.
Probably wont buy him though, saving up my ip for runes when I hit 20.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
22-08-2012, 03:14 AM
actually i got some runes already, but I am not buying more right now, they give me a tiny advantage early game and that is it.

22-08-2012, 05:16 AM
(22-08-2012 03:14 AM)Leela Wrote:  actually i got some runes already, but I am not buying more right now, they give me a tiny advantage early game and that is it.

Yeah they seem like a waste of ip, but they do add up.

They look more like something to mostly worry about at lvl30, seem for now you could get away with having sub-par runes and it wouldn't make much difference.

I think it's good though that runes and masteries are only small changes, makes things more skill based and less 'I spent more time farming ip then you I win' based.

22-08-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm lvl 12 and I think they make enough of a difference to swing the game. Especially in the early game.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Saving your IP for teir 3 runes (lvl 20) I think is the best idea, for a full rune page it'll cost ~14k IP (some cost more os less) just for one page of runes (at lvl 30). Not only that but hopefully by lvl 20 you have a good idea on what runes you actually need (tho sites like lolpro.com some in handy).

In terms of Taric being a better support then Sona, I would have to disagree. Tho I havn't plaied Taric so this is just basicly what little research I've done and what I've seen (or more accuratly not seen) when whatching the pro leagues. Taric on paper looks like a great support, the stun is good for ganks the heal is strong, and the armor arua is helpful. I'm not exactly sure exactly why but I've only seen Taric played once in Pro games, most of the support picks I see are: Sona, Soraka, Lulu, Blitzcrank, Alistar, and Nunu. It maybe because these other champions may have better kits, like Lulu's shield, "Glitterlance" slow and HUGEIFY! For Sona spacifically, she has good poke from her q and ranged attack, her auras can be switched depending on the situation, her power cord can do differant effects (extra damage, lowered damage, or lowered move speed) and her ulti is an AoE stun that can stun the entire enemy team, that can drastically change a team fight.
22-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Hmm, yeah don't listen to me too much about support, I know very little about anything other then what I play which is pretty much exclusively carry with a bit of jungling thrown in for good measure.
I'm trying to branch out a bit and I brought Taric like aggges ago when I was stupid at this game and thought he looked a bit of alright. (Him and WW are my regret buys).
I'm not to keen on support, it's a bit annoying having to rely on some sub-par teammate who can't do anything right. I think support players have to have a lot of patience and self-restraint. Two things I'm not overly well stocked up on.