LoL - rambling a bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2012, 03:34 PM
LoL - rambling a bit
I am mostly playing Ashe. If I can't catch her fast I play Miss Fortune and when free to play Caitlyn until I can afford her. See the pattern? Big Grin
I build them just fine by now (not caitlyn though).
I started going mid mostly although I feel better in bot, but I found that it is a big habit that ashe goes mid.
So far so good.
I am lvl 10, won ... dunno what. 19 or so? I started real matches (not AI) in level 1 already, not following everyone who told me to play training games a lot. I feel that I learn a lot.
By now I watch videos on ashe and miss fortune builds, tactics, game play, etc etc... I am also watching the champion spotlights so I know what the others can do. Lately I found the real championships sponsored by intel and such.

Ingame I found a few people who are added to my friendlist, who I play really well with and who can play as a TEAM! But they are not always on which means I have to be matched with others.
And that's where the problem starts.
I feel that nearly everytime I am matched, that team is most likely to be fucked up.
Either we have one or more who will go afk, or we will have one or more who play noobish (not newbie-ish, because I could live with that)
Or you have someone who stresses everybody else out because he/she does not adjust to enemy tactics or whatever is happening on the map and just stick to their friggin lane.

In the match 2 minutes ago there was one newbie (as I said I can live with it) and one guy who would never go to where the blue ping is. And that pisses me off. It was basically a 4 to 5 game because that pisshead didn't go to where the problem is. No map awareness at all. I got so angry.
I can't play the match alone but I would like to win.
I tried once or twice. told the guy in his lane to check what's going on and please come help etc. but he was just being cocky with how great he manages his lane, and of course 5 minutes later we lost...
While we could have saved that time when I asked for surrender.

I am a newbie myself, but I feel I am a bit ahead due to my constantly checking out highlevel games, how to build characters, how to play my favourites and build them, what to do when, how to use the keys.
I am actually playing LoL without my keyboard because it's not working ingame. Therefore I click around in lightning speed and I still manage to die twice at highest when I am with a good team that actually has map awareness. I have played games where I didn't die at all and we won > woohoo

I started this game like... when? Seriously playing since like 3 weeks or so. I managed to get into it well enough to understand a lot about it already > but far far away from being perfect which I know and do not deny. I need to learn a lot more especially about other champions because I get surprised a lot by some of the attacks. like that weird ticking clock that explodes after what... 5 seconds or so... or that black thing around you so you don't see teammates anymore.

When I watched a championship first, I was like... the hack are they doing? why are they not on their lanes?
Both teams went jungling like maniacs. By now I kinda get why they are doing it, I would like to do that as well, but I guess at my level I will not find a team that wants to do that. I will rarely meet someone in this game at my level who is already that much into it....

dunno... I guess I am just frustrated because of the "fucktard virus" that seems to be around ingame a lot lately...

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
29-05-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: LoL - rambling a bit
(29-05-2012 03:34 PM)Leela Wrote:  I guess I am just frustrated because of the "fucktard virus" that seems to be around ingame a lot lately...
There's a lot of that going around in a lot of different places!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
30-05-2012, 01:53 AM
I know how you feel. I've never played LoL, but you get the same generic fucktards on Left 4 Dead and Mass Effect MP. Whether it's the guy who runs off on his own and gets smoked or hunted (then RageQuits when we can't get to him in time), or the one or two players in each game who just won't stay inside the upload zone, forcing you to upload on your own while fighting off brutes, while they run off to the other end of the map fighting cannibals. It makes Smooshmonster homicidal.

Whenever I run into a good player on Steam, I immediately send them a friend request. This has led to a rather large collection of non-fucktard friends on Steam, some of whuch I've played with maybe only once, but know they don't suck. This way whenever I want to play, there's usually a non-fucktard or two online to play with.

On a different note, are we on for Saturday?

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
30-05-2012, 02:02 AM
A ranged player eh? I play Cho Gath, Garren, and Xin Zhao. I am saving up for Skarner and Mordekaiser.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
30-05-2012, 08:13 AM
hamata on what server are you? maybe we can play a few rounds together? would be fun.

@smooshmonster: I guess we are fine, you coming? your sister? cian? gonna write another mail later.

30-05-2012, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 09:09 AM by Vosur.)
I still remember the times when AD carries were going mid. Once you reach lvl 30, you'll never see an AD carry at mid again. There's always going to be an AP carry (aka "mage") at mid, although I think that Sivir is a very hard counter to most of them. Her boomerang deals an insane amount of damage early on and her spellshield protects her from many lethal spell combinations (such as Annie's "Q + R (stun) + E + Ignite").

I've been playing LoL since march 2011, yet the community in high level games isn't much different. In about 50% of your lost games, you'll see one of the opponents writing something like "easy win, l2p". I hate this anti-social behavior! I've made the experience that f2p games have the worst community there is. The most awful experience I had was back when I played the MMORPG "Silkroad". Everyone who played it at least once knows what I mean.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
30-05-2012, 10:02 AM
(30-05-2012 08:13 AM)Leela Wrote:  @smooshmonster: I guess we are fine, you coming? your sister? cian? gonna write another mail later.
I will, and Cian should be coming as well. My sister is leaving for Oxford this week (she finally got a job), but I'll check with Jeff and maybe try to rope some new people. If they're not atheists, we'll convert them Tongue

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
30-05-2012, 10:36 AM
My user name is Hamatak and as for which server.......I have no idea.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
30-05-2012, 11:18 AM
(30-05-2012 10:36 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  My user name is Hamatak and as for which server.......I have no idea.
You can see which server you're playing on right here in your launcher (the framed text):
[Image: BEPJ7.png]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
30-05-2012, 12:04 PM
vosur is eu west? wanna play? i am eu west too