Lobotomising KC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Lobotomising KC
I was impressed when KC got made into a moderator..... since then I think it has divided opinion slightly with people over what effect this may have on the forum (like will we be inundated with christians like a horde of locusts etc etc blah blah)

Seeing as promotions of this sort in this situation dont happen very often, If KC doesnt mind Id like to ask him a few questions about his time on here.

KC.... Has your time spent here changed any views towards your faith??? Has it re-enforced anything or has it cast doubts..... if so what areas???

Would you say that you were as "faithfull" at the beggining of your time here as you are now? Has that changed or is it still the same???

Do the people who you attend church/spiritual community with know that you have become a moderator of an Atheist forum..... how has this affected you (if at all) with the people around you and what are peoples normal responses when you tell them (if you tell them) ???

I wouldnt normally make a thread of this sort.... however seeing as KC has made open threads about himself before (ask a theist) I thought that maybe he wont mind this one.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like bemore's post
20-08-2012, 10:04 AM
RE: Lobotomising KC
(20-08-2012 09:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  I was impressed when KC got made into a moderator..... since then I think it has divided opinion slightly with people over what effect this may have on the forum (like will we be inundated with christians like a horde of locusts etc etc blah blah)

I wouldn't worry about this too much. Most Christians don't have the fortitude to survive a place like this.

Quote:Seeing as promotions of this sort in this situation dont happen very often, If KC doesnt mind Id like to ask him a few questions about his time on here.

As always, I'm an open book.

Quote:KC.... Has your time spent here changed any views towards your faith??? Has it re-enforced anything or has it cast doubts..... if so what areas???

It has caused me to reevaluate certain aspects of what I believe... some of my points of view have change because of this place.

I've had a few crises - certain moments of intense doubt; however, the doubt passes, and my faith is increased.

Quote:Would you say that you were as "faithfull" at the beggining of your time here as you are now? Has that changed or is it still the same???

I would say that my faith has increase from being on here, as aforementioned.

I've gone from a 1.8ish on the Dawkins Scale to a about a 1.6ish. I can't know 100% that I'm correct in my beliefs in God, but that's where faith comes in. God gives His believers faith to fill the gap of knowledge.

Quote:Do the people who you attend church/spiritual community with know that you have become a moderator of an Atheist forum..... how has this affected you (if at all) with the people around you and what are peoples normal responses when you tell them (if you tell them) ???

No. They don't, but it's not something I hide. The effects are really nil. My Christian friends know that I don't follow traditions very well.

Quote:I wouldnt normally make a thread of this sort.... however seeing as KC has made open threads about himself before (ask a theist) I thought that maybe he wont mind this one.

Of course I don't. Thanks for asking Smile

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
20-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I would like to now if there is a Theist website with an Atheist mod.

KC - All kidding aside, I know you'll do a great job and thanks for answering the above.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-08-2012, 11:06 AM
(20-08-2012 10:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Quote:Would you say that you were as "faithfull" at the beggining of your time here as you are now? Has that changed or is it still the same???

I would say that my faith has increase from being on here, as aforementioned.

I've gone from a 1.8ish on the Dawkins Scale to a about a 1.6ish. I can't know 100% that I'm correct in my beliefs in God, but that's where faith comes in. God gives His believers faith to fill the gap of knowledge.
Long story short, we've made it even worse. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
20-08-2012, 11:12 AM
(20-08-2012 11:06 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 10:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would say that my faith has increase from being on here, as aforementioned.

No, his delusion meme is defending itself from destruction. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be infectious, just virulent.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2012, 11:46 AM
(20-08-2012 10:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  My Christian friends know that I don't follow traditions very well.

Well, fuck those line-towing, delusional fucks. Dodgy

Have you found your perspective of the "average Theist" (no such thing) to have been altered, in light of your experience here? Anything here surprise you? Share examples?

Has your experience here enlightened you to what Non-Theists might go through in everyday life due to the expectations of the Theist-inundated environment?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Ive got the towel and the hose ready peeps we can waterboard KC whenev......... oh its ok, he has answered.

Thanks KC Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
20-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Lobotomising KC
(20-08-2012 11:06 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 10:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would say that my faith has increase from being on here, as aforementioned.

We got him to move .2 points toward the truth. Not bad for a delusional theist!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-08-2012, 02:28 PM
(20-08-2012 02:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  We got him to move .2 points toward the truth. Not bad for a delusional theist!
Erxy, it's the opposite. Weeping

Spectrum of theistic probability (aka Dawkins Scale):
1. Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
2. De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50 per cent. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."

If he changed from 1.8 to 1.6, that means he's come closer to being a gnostic theist.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
20-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Lobotomising KC
Oh. Never mind. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post