Lobotomising KC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Lobotomising KC
I gotta watch what I say around KC... He has a banhammer now.....

Dodgy

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
20-08-2012, 02:42 PM
To me it doesn't really matter if you are closer to strong theism or not. What matters to me is whether you have a better understanding of the atheist position, and even more importantly, if you see atheists in a different light.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-08-2012, 02:50 PM
(20-08-2012 02:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  To me it doesn't really matter if you are closer to strong theism or not. What matters to me is whether you have a better understanding of the atheist position, and even more importantly, if you see atheists in a different light.

A red light... with sexy undies...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-08-2012, 04:09 PM
(20-08-2012 11:46 AM)kim Wrote:  Have you found your perspective of the "average Theist" (no such thing) to have been altered, in light of your experience here? Anything here surprise you? Share examples?

Nothing really surprising. I mean, I've been on the Internet long enough to know what to expect from people. People are jerks because they are jerks... not because they are irreligious or religious.

I do find that y'all experience some pretty extreme forms of theism that I, myself, have never seen practiced. So, my view of some theist have been altered more negatively, I suppose.

Quote:Has your experience here enlightened you to what Non-Theists might go through in everyday life due to the expectations of the Theist-inundated environment?

I, more or less, knew the struggles that the irreligious face, but because of my daily interactions with y'all, I can say that I'm aware of it, sure.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
20-08-2012, 04:10 PM
(20-08-2012 02:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I gotta watch what I say around KC... He has a banhammer now.....

Dodgy

Pffft. Only spambots need to fear me.

20-08-2012, 04:12 PM
(20-08-2012 02:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  To me it doesn't really matter if you are closer to strong theism or not. What matters to me is whether you have a better understanding of the atheist position, and even more importantly, if you see atheists in a different light.

And, I do. Of course, I've never viewed atheists negatively.

Like I said to Kim, I'm more aware of the struggles that you go through, and I'm also aware that being religious or non-religious doesn't define a person's actions.

20-08-2012, 05:19 PM
(20-08-2012 09:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  I was impressed when KC got made into a moderator..... since then I think it has divided opinion slightly with people over what effect this may have on the forum (like will we be inundated with christians like a horde of locusts etc etc blah blah)

Seeing as promotions of this sort in this situation dont happen very often, If KC doesnt mind Id like to ask him a few questions about his time on here.

KC.... Has your time spent here changed any views towards your faith??? Has it re-enforced anything or has it cast doubts..... if so what areas???

Would you say that you were as "faithfull" at the beggining of your time here as you are now? Has that changed or is it still the same???

Do the people who you attend church/spiritual community with know that you have become a moderator of an Atheist forum..... how has this affected you (if at all) with the people around you and what are peoples normal responses when you tell them (if you tell them) ???

I wouldnt normally make a thread of this sort.... however seeing as KC has made open threads about himself before (ask a theist) I thought that maybe he wont mind this one.

Didn't know he was a moderator. Maybe the forum needs a name changeHuh
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
20-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Ooooooh, I love a good labotomy! Who's got the ether???

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
20-08-2012, 05:33 PM
(20-08-2012 05:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 09:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  I was impressed when KC got made into a moderator..... since then I think it has divided opinion slightly with people over what effect this may have on the forum (like will we be inundated with christians like a horde of locusts etc etc blah blah)

Seeing as promotions of this sort in this situation dont happen very often, If KC doesnt mind Id like to ask him a few questions about his time on here.

KC.... Has your time spent here changed any views towards your faith??? Has it re-enforced anything or has it cast doubts..... if so what areas???

Would you say that you were as "faithfull" at the beggining of your time here as you are now? Has that changed or is it still the same???

Do the people who you attend church/spiritual community with know that you have become a moderator of an Atheist forum..... how has this affected you (if at all) with the people around you and what are peoples normal responses when you tell them (if you tell them) ???

I wouldnt normally make a thread of this sort.... however seeing as KC has made open threads about himself before (ask a theist) I thought that maybe he wont mind this one.

Tsk......your SOOOOOO behind the times........ you do know they put a man on the moon (allegedly) Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
20-08-2012, 06:12 PM
(20-08-2012 05:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

You mean "A Thinking Theist"?
or
TheThinkingAtheistsAreThinkingATheist will make a good moderator?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post