Location, location, location...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Location, location, location...
Are you happy where you live?

If not, why not?

Is there a place that is more suitable for you?

Are you planning to move there?

If not, why not?

Just curious.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-06-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Location, location, location...
(07-06-2015 09:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Are you happy where you live?

If not, why not?

Is there a place that is more suitable for you?

Are you planning to move there?

If not, why not?

Just curious.

I live 1/2 mile from work. I go home for lunch and take a nap. No fucking way I'm moving.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2015, 09:42 AM
I'm happy.
07-06-2015, 09:43 AM
I like where I live, but I wish it cost less to live here.

Oh, as for why - it's scenic and not too built up, I can still get to New York easily, I'm close to Philly if I want to head there, close to family, good schools, and we have friends here.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
07-06-2015, 09:52 AM
After 20 years in BuFu, SC I would pretty much be happy anywhere else. I was never so glad to see a place disappear in my rear view mirror. Undecided

I like where I live now. It's a small but growing old railroad town with a nice mix of Texas and civilization. Tongue

Our house is old and needs some work but I love it.

I am pretty anonymous here and that suits me just fine.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Other than the longassed cold winters. SW Michigan's a pretty good place.

Haven't had any destructive weather in a loooong time. No droughts. No 7.0 earthquakes.

Property taxes aren't horrible. Crime rate's low.

Oh... The roads suck too.....

Other than that, not too shabby....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Somewhat. I live in the middle of two cities, right off the interstate, so I'm close to all of my Alabama friends, but also just as close to my Georgia friends. I'm also relatively close to all of the important places throughout both cities.

I also love the weather, but only when it's hot, which it is a good 80% of the time.
07-06-2015, 09:57 AM
It's not that I particular dislike living here. I'd just rather live near my brothers. Well at least on of them as that would also get me closer to my mother and stepfather but I would get to see my older brother too. Where I live now, I'm just close to my dad and stepmother and even though I like them, I much prefer the other side of my family.

There is not moving for me in the near foreseeable future as it's a bit expensive for me but mostly because I'm trying to get my mental health sorted.
07-06-2015, 10:02 AM
I live near Boston and love it. Nice weather, this past winter excepted, beautiful scenery with ocean and mountains relatively close by, lots of culture, and I never get asked whether or where I go to church.
07-06-2015, 10:40 AM
As I am currently living with my parents, no, I'm not really too happy with where I live. Beats living with the ex, which is where I was previously, but I desperately want to be out on my own. My parents live out in the country, where we are at least 8 miles away from any kind of town and it's a small one at that. My job (in Waco) is 25 miles away, which sucks. Would love to be closer.

The Waco area (outskirts of it anyway) would be more suitable, yes. And yes, I plan to move there soon-ish. Big Grin Waco gets a bad rap, but really, it's small enough that we've no traffic to deal with and you're just up the road from both DFW and Austin. Yes

ETA: I think it'd be awesome to live in Austin but I've been at my job for nearly 10 years now and would not want to leave it voluntarily. And though Texas itself gets a bad rap, I do love it and it would be hard to leave the state entirely. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post