Location, location, location...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 04:50 PM by Marozz.)
RE: Location, location, location...
I'm happy here in Dublin. I live in a town on the outskirts of Dublin called Swords. I live 10 minutes from work. I lived in Holland for about ten years but I'm gald I came back to the ol' sod. Like most towns and villages in Ireland, we have an old castle in the center of the town.

[Image: E8MPzzL.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Marozz's post
07-06-2015, 04:42 PM
(07-06-2015 04:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Maryland is also considered to be the birthplace of religious freedom in America, ... just saying.

Wasn't that Pennsylvania?

... this is my signature!
07-06-2015, 04:43 PM
(07-06-2015 04:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't know how I'd like the winters in Maryland. The other months might be ok tho.

Smile

Kind of depends where in MD you are as to how bad the winters get.

"Maryland" and "bad winters".

Not two concepts I'd say are particularly associated, in my mind...

... this is my signature!
07-06-2015, 04:46 PM
(07-06-2015 04:36 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I'm happy here in Dublin. I live in a town on the outskirts of Dublin in a called Swords. I live 10 minutes from work. I lived in Holland for about ten years but I'm gald I came back to the ol' sod. Like most towns and villages in Ireland, we have an old castle in the center of the town.

[Image: E8MPzzL.jpg]

Swords - what an awesome name!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-06-2015, 04:52 PM
(07-06-2015 04:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Kind of depends where in MD you are as to how bad the winters get.

"Maryland" and "bad winters".

Not two concepts I'd say are particularly associated, in my mind...

It's not my fault your ancestors thought living on Hoth was a good idea.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-06-2015, 04:54 PM
(07-06-2015 04:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't know how I'd like the winters in Maryland. The other months might be ok tho.

Smile

Kind of depends where in MD you are as to how bad the winters get.

I don't do snow or ice every well.

Tell me where that is and I'll start some research. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-06-2015, 04:57 PM
(07-06-2015 04:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Kind of depends where in MD you are as to how bad the winters get.

I don't do snow or ice every well.

Tell me where that is and I'll start some research. Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I absolutely, positively despise where I live. If I could move, I would do so tomorrow. My wife is so close to her family that she will never leave Ohio. I am a west coaster at heart so my choices would either be Coastal California or Seattle.

I have always loved Seattle and now that i know they have the highest rate of atheism / non religious people in the country I can deal with the rain. It's beautiful there. Cool

Oh I would also live in Zurich Switzerland. My roots stem from there and I love that place.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
07-06-2015, 07:23 PM
I live in heaven. Occasionally I visit somewhere else for a bit to remind myself why I should never go anywhere else. I don't like heat, and I don't like cold. 68 is boring, but fine. I might think about living in Hawaii or on Catalina Island if I ever got sick of it or an earthquake dumps us into the Pacific. But mountains get pushed up, so that prolly won't happen.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-06-2015, 11:22 PM
I live halfway between the madness that is Miami and the craziness that is Key West. I'm surrounded by water, in 10 minutes I can bike over two bridges or I can be out on the reef in 25 by boat. Not too many people here but because if the tourists we have very good restaurants in a small town feel.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce