Location, location, location...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Location, location, location...
I'm in Singapore this week.

It feels like home compared to KL. Ok, sure, I haven't been in my new place for long so I need to give it a chance.

And maybe it's got something to do with all the office girls in their tight white blouses rather than the hijabs etc. but ... sigh.

Sad

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-06-2015, 11:29 PM
I like living in the quiet suburbs of the capital, but Athens can be tiring at times. My hometown (a small city of 40.000) would be almost perfect if it wasn't so boring.

And this country is like a fucking curse. I get so homesick I could never move to another country, but this place is falling apart and life just gets more and more depressing every day.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
07-06-2015, 11:46 PM
I decided to have a nap, so I took the dog and the hammock to the river. This is five minutes from my front door..

[Image: 56b38a2fd41358fa59054e4366ef4a5c.jpg]

I've wanted to live on Vancouver island since I can remember. It's all I'd hoped, and more.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 14 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-06-2015, 12:53 AM
(07-06-2015 11:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I decided to have a nap, so I took the dog and the hammock to the river. This is five minutes from my front door..

[Image: 56b38a2fd41358fa59054e4366ef4a5c.jpg]

I've wanted to live on Vancouver island since I can remember. It's all I'd hoped, and more.

It looks like a postcard. Shy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
08-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Re: Location, location, location...
I'm happy with the landscape and weather where I live. Aside from being in tornado alley... if I could get a place with a storm shelter, I'd like it more.

I'm in the country, in between a small city and a small town. I've lived in large cities before and dislike it.

The people here are what bother me. I'm smack in the middle of the Bible belt. Anyone who's not a straight Christian is frowned upon and shunned. It's better now than 10 years ago, though.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
08-06-2015, 11:03 AM
I am happy where I am. A tiny village (population<60) on the southern edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds. There are no amenities in the village, not even street lights.

It is 16 miles from the original Boston and 14 miles from the original New York.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
08-06-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm happy where I am:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...move-house

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
08-06-2015, 09:39 PM
I live a 5 minute walk from the hospital where I get cancer treatment. I have been here nearly 8 years and my landlord refuses to put up my rent because I am such a good tenant.

This residence is in the inner west of Sydney, Australia.

Yeah, I am pretty damned happy. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-06-2015, 09:43 PM
(07-06-2015 11:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm in Singapore this week.

It feels like home compared to KL. Ok, sure, I haven't been in my new place for long so I need to give it a chance.

And maybe it's got something to do with all the office girls in their tight white blouses rather than the hijabs etc. but ... sigh.

Sad

My brother was in both cities last week. Left KL yesterday to go to Chenai.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-06-2015, 11:03 AM
I am soooo happy that I live in the most godless, highly progressive state that has kick-ass micro breweries. I have no desire to return to the south.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post