Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot
A 14 year old, wielding a knife in a crowded place, is less dangerous IMO, than firing off a weapon in that same situation, even if it is aimed at the threat.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot
(09-12-2016 01:20 PM)tomilay Wrote:  A 14 year old, wielding a knife in a crowded place, is less dangerous IMO, than firing off a weapon in that same situation, even if it is aimed at the threat.

There's no way for you to assess how dangerous it was - or even whether it was dangerous - because you weren't the one aiming down the sights. Your opinion is unfounded.

It was crowded and the kid was rapidly pacing towards people, refusing to drop the knife. Play stupid games win stupid prizes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
09-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I could not agree more. Just a scared kid who had absolutely no idea what to do with a knife, he could have been disarmed with relative ease. When all you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail Facepalm
09-12-2016, 01:35 PM
(09-12-2016 01:20 PM)tomilay Wrote:  A 14 year old, wielding a knife in a crowded place, is less dangerous IMO, than firing off a weapon in that same situation, even if it is aimed at the threat.

Police Force of the USA: Pretending tasers don't exist ever since tasers were invented.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
09-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Just a question...

But how, perchance, does one easily disarm some one else who is wielding a knife? How does one disarm some one wielding a knife 'safely' in regards to all involved?

I just ask as I wonder how many people have actually seen or, fates forbid, received knife wounds.

*Bows*
09-12-2016, 01:40 PM
People still don't know to turn their phone when taking video? Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Stick with the Prod, JC.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
09-12-2016, 01:44 PM
(09-12-2016 01:36 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Just a question...

But how, perchance, does one easily disarm some one else who is wielding a knife? How does one disarm some one wielding a knife 'safely' in regards to all involved?

I just ask as I wonder how many people have actually seen or, fates forbid, received knife wounds.

*Bows*
Best way is with a coat.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
09-12-2016, 02:14 PM
(09-12-2016 01:36 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Just a question...

*Bows*

Law Enforcement (should) have the training to take down someone like that, without shooting them. It's not necessarily easy. But people do it.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
09-12-2016, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 02:42 PM by Loom.)
In this situation, I can't say the officer did the wrong thing.

The kid was wielding two deadly weapons and refused to follow orders. He was erratically charging at the idiot high schoolers that were standing around gawking and laughing like...well, complete idiots.

The cop ordered for everyone to get away, but they're all idiots, so in a sense his hand was forced to use the quickest method to nullify the threat. And after shooting the kid, he immediatly began medical aid.

I certainly believe better training for these scenarios is in order, especially since he could have easily injured another student, but in the moment I can't blame the officer for doing what he did.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post