Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot
It appears to me to be a case of tunnel vision, probably the result of a lack of training and experience, that led to a poor decision.

Based just off of what can be seen in the video, my opinion is that taking that shot was a very high risk that should only have been taken if another person's life was in imminent danger. Even if he doesn't miss, there was still the risk of the bullet passing through and striking one of the other kids. The subject could have easily been taken down by a properly trained officer, especially if pepper spray and/or a taser were employed.

If all the kids had not been around, and it was just the subject and the officer, then I'd leave it up to the cop to decide whether or not he felt at sufficient risk to shoot. But, given the circumstances, he should have opted to take on the risk of subduing the kid without discharging his firearm.

However, I am perhaps most perplexed by all the kids standing around as if it was just a show for their entertainment - even after a shot was fired!!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
09-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Kids don't listen to directions. They know everything.
09-12-2016, 02:49 PM
If you go swinging two knives in a crowd - don't be too surprised if somebody puts an abrupt end to your nonsense.

Me -- I'm not taking a chance on getting stuck - for some yahoo's stupidity. Trying to disarm someone with a knife is going to get you hurt.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-12-2016, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 02:56 PM by onlinebiker.)
(09-12-2016 02:32 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  It appears to me to be a case of tunnel vision, probably the result of a lack of training and experience, that led to a poor decision.

Based just off of what can be seen in the video, my opinion is that taking that shot was a very high risk that should only have been taken if another person's life was in imminent danger. Even if he doesn't miss, there was still the risk of the bullet passing through and striking one of the other kids. The subject could have easily been taken down by a properly trained officer, especially if pepper spray and/or a taser were employed.

If all the kids had not been around, and it was just the subject and the officer, then I'd leave it up to the cop to decide whether or not he felt at sufficient risk to shoot. But, given the circumstances, he should have opted to take on the risk of subduing the kid without discharging his firearm.

However, I am perhaps most perplexed by all the kids standing around as if it was just a show for their entertainment - even after a shot was fired!!

It also depends greatly on the caliber, type of firearm and type of ammunition.

A 44 mag with FMJ bullets -- yeah - absolute stupidity discharging in a crowd.

A 9mm with subsonic glaziers -- with good shot placement - it's safe. At least safer than some dumbass swinging a couple of butcher knives..............

Also - tazers and pepper spray don't work on someone who's whacked out on PCP, or something similar..... I saw 5 cops fail to be able to restrain a guy -- who wasn't any bigger than the cops..... One rent-a-cop probably isn't a good match for some punk swinging two blades. It's quite possible that shooting was his only real option....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-12-2016, 02:58 PM
I thought this was a Superman thread about Lois and Clark. Huh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-12-2016, 03:18 PM
(09-12-2016 02:58 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I thought this was a Superman thread about Lois and Clark. Huh

I prefer a thread about Bruce beating up Clark

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
09-12-2016, 04:00 PM
In a situation like this it is easy to play armchair quarterback. The one fact that we can know for certain is that we weren't there and it wasn't our call to make.

Honestly though, if I were running around in a crowd weilding a pair of knives and a police officer with gun drawn yells at me to drop them, I'd be surprised if I wasn't shot.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
09-12-2016, 04:27 PM
(09-12-2016 04:00 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  In a situation like this it is easy to play armchair quarterback. The one fact that we can know for certain is that we weren't there and it wasn't our call to make.

Honestly though, if I were running around in a crowd weilding a pair of knives and a police officer with gun drawn yells at me to drop them, I'd be surprised if I wasn't shot.

Someone has to play armchair quarterback. Otherwise, we can throw our hands up and say all shootings are justified because we weren't there and it wasn't our call.

One can see clearly, that there is a crowd of high-school children. You don't need to be there to realize how dangerous firing a weapon is in that environment.

Even if the man were scared, or poorly trained, cops usually have tasers.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
09-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Why don't they shoot tranquilizers?

(Probably a stupid question)

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Had Logan stabbed or sliced and wounded or killed any of the bystanders what kind of conversation would we be having now?

The officer didn’t do everything he could to stop what was clearly a dangerous situation and let those innocent teenagers get killed and wounded, what was he thinking? Why didn’t he shoot the guy wielding knives in a schoolyard full of kids? He should have his badge taken for not doing his duty to protect the public from armed assailants.

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post