Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot
(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 08:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I see you've never had the pleasure of experiencing the joy and delight of seriously fucked up imbalanced neurotransmitters. Here's hoping you never have to. But in the unfortunate event that you do, remember that it's all your fault.

A cop doesn't have the luxury of time to psychoanalyze every idiot he runs into on a day to day basis.

He can just make the best decisions in the limited time he has.

Unfortunately, the job doesn't pay enough to always get good or even competent decision makers.

(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And -- while there is some evidence he was bullied -- there's no evidence of mental defect in this cunt.... He just decided "to get even"....

So if he did have a history of mental hygiene problems things would have gone down different how? Would you feel sorry for him then? I'll just reiterate that I hope you never find yourself on Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Buspar, Seroquel and Trazodone. But if you do I guarantee you your attitude will change. Quick like.

(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel sorry for the cop -- who has to live with this cunt's actions fouling up the poor cop's day.....

I feel sorry that he has to live with killing another human being. Probably just the meds talking.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 10:48 AM
(10-12-2016 10:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I feel sorry that he has to live with killing another human being. Probably just the meds talking.
The kid who was shot isn't dead. He's in the hospital right now.

Me, I feel sorry that the guy was bullied so badly that he felt the need to resort to this. As someone who was heavily bullied in his childhood as well, I greatly empathize with his situation.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
10-12-2016, 12:03 PM
(10-12-2016 10:34 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A cop doesn't have the luxury of time to psychoanalyze every idiot he runs into on a day to day basis.

And -- while there is some evidence he was bullied -- there's no evidence of mental defect in this cunt.... He just decided "to get even"....

I've no sympathy for cunts like him. He figures when things get sticky, he can drop his weapons and "olly olly oxen free" -- "game over", push the reset button - and he can't be touched.........

Wrong.....

I feel sorry for the cop -- who has to live with this cunt's actions fouling up the poor cop's day.....

Think of all the paperwork...

And because he can't psychoanalyze them, shooting them is somehow justified? Because of that he passes the risk to all the bystanders?

Facepalm

The cunt was being a clear and immediate threat to those around him.

The cop stopped the cunt's unjustified display of wanton violence.

To NOT stop the cunt - would have been complete neglect on the part of the cop... He didn't do that -- he took action - AND IT WORKED........

If you think you can do the job perfectly -- I suggest you take up the vocation.

We need good cops.

The one in this story did it right -- regardless of your sympathy for whackos swinging knives....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-12-2016, 12:09 PM
(10-12-2016 12:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you think you can do the job perfectly -- I suggest you take up the vocation.

I know that is a job I cannot and should not do. That's not clear to everyone who applies to be a cop.

#sigh
10-12-2016, 12:09 PM
(10-12-2016 10:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A cop doesn't have the luxury of time to psychoanalyze every idiot he runs into on a day to day basis.

Unfortunately, the job doesn't pay enough to always get good or even competent decision makers.

(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And -- while there is some evidence he was bullied -- there's no evidence of mental defect in this cunt.... He just decided "to get even"....

So if he did have a history of mental hygiene problems things would have gone down different how? Would you feel sorry for him then? I'll just reiterate that I hope you never find yourself on Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Buspar, Seroquel and Trazodone. But if you do I guarantee you your attitude will change. Quick like.

(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel sorry for the cop -- who has to live with this cunt's actions fouling up the poor cop's day.....

I feel sorry that he has to live with killing another human being. Probably just the meds talking.

Again -- there is no indication that the cunt had mental problems.

I feel bad for a kid who is bullied. I was until my freshman year -- when I knocked another kid's eye out in gym class, wrestling. (accidental... nobody seemed to want to "play" with me anymore after that... heh..) But millions of kids are bullied - who DON'T pull this kind of shit -- so it's a lame excuse.

I'm sure the cop will feel bad about it for years.... The suicide rate among cops who face such a situation is far higher than the general population. I've heard in some areas it exceeds military stats.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-12-2016, 12:10 PM
(10-12-2016 12:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Again -- there is no indication that the cunt had mental problems.

So what? Why does that make such a difference to you?

#sigh
10-12-2016, 12:12 PM
(10-12-2016 12:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 12:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Again -- there is no indication that the cunt had mental problems.

So what? Why does that make such a difference to you?

You brought it up.

It's not a factor - and it need pointing out.

10-12-2016, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 01:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-12-2016 12:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 12:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So what? Why does that make such a difference to you?

You brought it up.

Did I? Well that was silly of me. Probably the meds.

(10-12-2016 12:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's not a factor - and it need pointing out.

So now I should go and research all the cases where the individual on the receiving end of a bullet, or maybe a deadly spit sock, was batshit bonkers because they need pointing out as well. (It's around 25% of all police-related deaths.)

I think CIT training should be compulsory for every cop in the country. You don't?

#sigh
10-12-2016, 12:32 PM
(10-12-2016 12:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 10:34 AM)tomilay Wrote:  And because he can't psychoanalyze them, shooting them is somehow justified? Because of that he passes the risk to all the bystanders?

Facepalm

The cunt was being a clear and immediate threat to those around him.

The cop stopped the cunt's unjustified display of wanton violence.

To NOT stop the cunt - would have been complete neglect on the part of the cop... He didn't do that -- he took action - AND IT WORKED........

If you think you can do the job perfectly -- I suggest you take up the vocation.

We need good cops.

The one in this story did it right -- regardless of your sympathy for whackos swinging knives....

Your reasoning is because he can't do his work perfectly, then it's okay for him to be reckless. That is flawed reasoning.

In firing his weapon he placed school children at greater risk than the risk he was trying to eliminate.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-12-2016, 01:15 PM
I'm assuming that Logan DID have mental problems, and was likely on medications that were out of balance (or he should have been on them). That made him potentially more dangerous, not less, if so.

What if the officer had failed to act as quickly, and the kid had rushed the crowd (easily accomplished in a second) and fatally stabbed two of the too-proximate bystanders? Then he'd have two dead teens to carry on his conscience.

It's very easy, sitting here in the cool comfort of our computer chairs, to play Monday morning quarterback, on this. Yes, this is terrible, but I don't see anything that indicates malice or poor decision-making on the part of the cop, in that video. If the kid had merely been standing there with two knives, yelling, then maybe he would have reached for his TASER to subdue the kid. But he wasn't; he was moving around and making lunging moves toward bystanders, and was very clearly trying to do harm to someone. That indicates to me that 1) the kid was imbalanced and likely mentally ill in some way, and 2) that the cop had to make a decision between potentially ending the kid's life and potentially allowing the lives of the bystanders to be endangered. In short, if he had pulled a TASER and missed, or otherwise failed to drop the kid (a prong didn't go in, or the kid's mental state was such that adrenaline overcame voltage, which can happen), and the kid had gone even wilder and a couple of bystanders had died, everyone would be saying "WHY didn't this cop just shoot the kid!? HOW could he have allowed the kid to kill two others!?"

Sometimes there are no safe, no "correct" options.

Vosur: That's my problem with allowing the Ranger class to have the Two-Weapon and Ambidexterity feats even when they don't meet the Dexterity requirements... he clearly had a low Reflex Save bonus and no Improved Evasion.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post