Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot
He absolutely should not have been shot, if a cop is deemed competent to cary a full bore firearm he should have been deemed competent to carry a taser which would have been sufficient to incapacitate and protect the public.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 01:25 PM
(10-12-2016 01:15 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sometimes there are no safe, no "correct" options.

There is training available though. CIT training should be mandatory for every cop. At least the cop will have been exposed to similar situations and she won't be blindsided by batshit bonkers behavior.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-12-2016, 01:44 PM
(09-12-2016 02:14 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 01:36 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Just a question...

But how, perchance, does one easily disarm some one else who is wielding a knife? How does one disarm some one wielding a knife 'safely' in regards to all involved?

I just ask as I wonder how many people have actually seen or, fates forbid, received knife wounds.

*Bows*

Law Enforcement (should) have the training to take down someone like that, without shooting them. It's not necessarily easy. But people do it.

You know what's interesting about that video? It's used by people on both sides of the argument to support their views. I've seen it posted by someone before who said that it showed how ineffective cops in Europe because they need 30 guys to take down one man with a machete whereas in the US (as demonstrated by this case), only one cop with a gun is required.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-12-2016, 02:00 PM
(10-12-2016 01:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 02:14 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Law Enforcement (should) have the training to take down someone like that, without shooting them. It's not necessarily easy. But people do it.

You know what's interesting about that video? It's used by people on both sides of the argument to support their views. I've seen it posted by someone before who said that it showed how ineffective cops in Europe because they need 30 guys to take down one man with a machete whereas in the US (as demonstrated by this case), only one cop with a gun is required.

Laugh out load I would not be surprised. Threats, real or imagined, are immediately taken care of with a bullet. A robocop mentality to "law enforcement".

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
10-12-2016, 02:08 PM
(10-12-2016 01:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 02:14 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Law Enforcement (should) have the training to take down someone like that, without shooting them. It's not necessarily easy. But people do it.

Depends on your pov I guess you can look at it as being ineffective policing personally I regard it as effective policing.
Better to incapacitate a disturbed youngster with a Taser than shoot him placing bystanders at risk and putting a kid in intensive care who snapped due to the education system failing to combat bullying.
10-12-2016, 02:27 PM
(10-12-2016 12:32 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 12:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Facepalm

The cunt was being a clear and immediate threat to those around him.

The cop stopped the cunt's unjustified display of wanton violence.

To NOT stop the cunt - would have been complete neglect on the part of the cop... He didn't do that -- he took action - AND IT WORKED........

If you think you can do the job perfectly -- I suggest you take up the vocation.

We need good cops.

The one in this story did it right -- regardless of your sympathy for whackos swinging knives....

Your reasoning is because he can't do his work perfectly, then it's okay for him to be reckless. That is flawed reasoning.

In firing his weapon he placed school children at greater risk than the risk he was trying to eliminate.

Flawed reasoning - is "He used a gun, so he did it wrong". In fact - it's the same sort of circular logic theists use "proving god's existence".

The cop eliminated the threat, and caused no collateral damage.

He did it perfectly.

Just not the way you approve.

IF (big if) He was able to subdue the punk with a karate chop, or a can of Walmart pepper spray (I've seen guys spray a taco with it, and eat it) --- then he'd have also done it perfectly.

But, he didn't.

Too bad for the punk.

Guess he should have left his butcher knives at home.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-12-2016, 02:29 PM
(10-12-2016 02:08 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 01:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You know what's interesting about that video? It's used by people on both sides of the argument to support their views. I've seen it posted by someone before who said that it showed how ineffective cops in Europe because they need 30 guys to take down one man with a machete whereas in the US (as demonstrated by this case), only one cop with a gun is required.

Depends on your pov I guess you can look at it as being ineffective policing personally I regard it as effective policing.
Better to incapacitate a disturbed youngster with a Taser than shoot him placing bystanders at risk and putting a kid in intensive care who snapped due to the education system failing to combat bullying.

The PUNK with the knives put the crowd at risk.

The cop removed the risk.

woulda, coulda, shoulda's don't count.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-12-2016, 02:42 PM
He's a child OLB he fucked up and snapped a Taser would have been more than sufficient.
10-12-2016, 03:59 PM
You don't know that.

It would be ideal. We can all say that.

But we don't KNOW it would have been sufficient. Neither did he. He saw a genuine threat to the nearby children (in the wake of the bullying and/or mental illness related shootings and other attacks over the last couple of decades, a not unreasonable conclusion in the spur of the moment), and he usedhis quickest and most reliable tool to ensure no one was stabbed.

Period.

However, I 100% agree with Girly that cops need better "how to deal with mental health problems" training. But most have little to none. So all they can do is their best.

Trying to say doing it another way would be better, after the fact and with plenty of time to coolly consider, is useless.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
10-12-2016, 04:03 PM
And OLB he's not a punk. He's a scrawny kid who clearly lost his damned mind. His death is a tragedy, however necessary or justified.

Please don't speak of the dead like that. He's not a punk, he's a kid with a name and a family.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson