Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot
Quote:He added: 'How could they shoot a kid in front of a bunch of other kids? My kid was right there. He could've been hurt. My son tried to go help [Logan] and the police told him to back off.'

WTF?

The parent doesn't consider that good advice?

I'm astonished people don't think this cop dealt with the situation perfectly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
10-12-2016, 04:23 PM
So... Why is this thread still going? It looks like either sides of this issue isn't going to change their opinon anytime soon. I don't understand how some of these things keep going and going for 20-30 pages.

Still, not as bad as Mark Dreher that went on for a solid 200 pages, but he was a special kind of "special".

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
10-12-2016, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 04:46 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(10-12-2016 04:23 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  So... Why is this thread still going? It looks like either sides of this issue isn't going to change their opinon anytime soon. I don't understand how some of these things keep going and going for 20-30 pages.

Still, not as bad as Mark Dreher that went on for a solid 200 pages, but he was a special kind of "special".

Are you suggesting our views are based on dogma, and that we'd be unwilling to change our minds if presented with a better argument?

I, alone, participating in the thread on the side of the officer should tell you that this entire statement is bogus. Why would I, a decade-long, wrongful resident of the prison system due in large part to police corruption, support the officer if it was possible that the system failed, and that he did something wrong?

I very much hope to change the minds of those who think this kid could have been subdued with non-lethal means without endangering the other kids. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Likewise, another poster may convince me that the officer was not justified, based on reasoned examples and better evidence.

If we cannot discuss openly and honestly, and change our minds, then we are effectively dead inside.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Do we know if he dead or alive ? Some sources say yes some not
10-12-2016, 05:11 PM
(10-12-2016 04:59 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Do we know if he dead or alive ? Some sources say yes some not
He was admitted to a hospital for emergency surgery following this incident. His father's most recent post (that I know of) said that his condition is improving.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-12-2016, 05:11 PM
(10-12-2016 04:37 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 04:23 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  So... Why is this thread still going? It looks like either sides of this issue isn't going to change their opinon anytime soon. I don't understand how some of these things keep going and going for 20-30 pages.

Are you suggesting our views are based on dogma, and that we'd be unwilling to change our minds if presented with a better argument?

I, alone, participating in the thread on the side of the officer should tell you that this entire statement is bogus. Why would I, a decade-long, wrongful resident of the prison system due in large part to police corruption, support the officer if it was possible that the system failed, and that he did something wrong?

I very much hope to change the minds of those who think this kid could have been subdued with non-lethal means without endangering the other kids. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Likewise, another poster may convince me that the officer was not justified, based on reasoned examples and better evidence.

If we cannot discuss openly and honestly, and change our minds, then we are effectively dead inside.

Yes, but I've seen the same arguments repeated several times now, indicating a stalemate. At that point the conversation either slowly dies, or it goes into a "who can toss the better insult" competition.

By that point, I have already engaged my warp drive. Oh, speaking of that...

ENGAGE.
[Image: raw]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
10-12-2016, 05:15 PM

Why open the thread if you don't think discussion is useful? And why try to shut down a discussion others may find useful?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Trying to train all police officers on how to deal with people of all ages with all the possible mental health issues would be a wonderful thing but also impossible. Hell, we can't even take care of people decently in this country through the medical system with mental health treatment.

The cop made a judgement call based on what and where he was. I would have preferred to see him use non-lethal force but I was not in the situation.

We do see time and again kids snapping because of bullying. Bullying has been around probably forever. Kids often don't have the support they need to deal with what can be brutal treatment that pushes them to think it's their only way to stop the torment. Back in my day we were just told to suck it up and deal with it. We just didn't seem so apt to turn to weapons to attempt to make it through to the next day.

Was the cop wrong or right...I can't make that call. Was something going on with this kid that pushed him out of control...obviously. Was anyone listening to him before things got this bad? Did anyone care? Was it exacerbated by a mental instability?

As usual, we have part of the information and are making judgement calls on an incident that is going to yield more information over the next few days, weeks, months.

Last I saw online the boy suffered a stroke as a result of the shot and required emergency surgery. Even if he pulls through whatever caused him to go after people with a knife is going to affect the rest of his life...and most likely not in a good way.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-12-2016, 05:31 PM
(10-12-2016 04:03 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  And OLB he's not a punk. He's a scrawny kid who clearly lost his damned mind. His death is a tragedy, however necessary or justified.

Please don't speak of the dead like that. He's not a punk, he's a kid with a name and a family.
Somebody going "banzai" with butcher knives is a punk..........

Sorry if you don't care for that assessment..

You can't give every feeble minded, young, or stupid person a pass -- to do whatever the fuck they like.

We have rules in society.

Not running around brandishing weapons is among those rules.

Or - anarchy rules.

Pick one.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-12-2016, 05:35 PM
I won't pretend to have any answers, but my issue with Onlinebiker's posts is that he is automatically reduced to a "cunt" or "punk" because of the incident. I wonder how OLB would refer to him if he was related to him. I'd be willing to bet that the rhetoric would be somewhat softer.

This is a child, and should be thought about as such. I'm not saying that the cop's reaction was right or wrong, sometimes a shitty situation is only solved with a shitty solution and it is what it is.

But we're never going to evolve if people like OLB are allowed to continue to paint every situation in black and white and just leave it at that.

Come on now biker, you have a brain. Can we not discuss options instead of blatantly condemning everyone that makes a mistake as less than human and deserving of euthanasia?

There just might be a better option out there, but if we're that closed off we'll never come to it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post