Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 05:04 AM
RE: Logan Clark Should Not Have Been Shot
(10-12-2016 06:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not running around brandishing weapons is among those rules.

I thought that was what open carry was all about. No?

There's a fine distinction that's lost on people who hate guns.

Brandishing is what the moron with the knives did -- waving them around in their hands. This isn't acceptable.

Open carry is - gun in holster - hands off gun. A rifle - on a sling over the shoulder.

Sorry if you pee yourself every time you see a gun.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2016, 05:06 AM
(11-12-2016 04:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  See that, Elk?

We don't fully agree...nor must we... but people considered one another's positions and softened or modified their stances. That's what rational discussion does.

And then there's OLB, of course, who appears constitutionally incapable of empathizing with anyone not in his own shoes. But that's pretty much a given on this forum in half the threads.

I'll just have to passive-aggressively hope-out-loud that he never has a chemical imbalance in his brain, or his child's brain, that makes him do something that a person of right mind would never do... and that the officer chooses to TASER him rather than shoot him, when that occurs.

I feel a lack of empathy for people who commit acts of violence, just because they feel like it. You might as well feel sorry for Osama Bin Laden.

I feel bad for the cop. I've already said that.

He has to live with shooting the moron.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-12-2016, 05:08 AM
(09-12-2016 01:36 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Just a question...

But how, perchance, does one easily disarm some one else who is wielding a knife? How does one disarm some one wielding a knife 'safely' in regards to all involved?

I just ask as I wonder how many people have actually seen or, fates forbid, received knife wounds.

*Bows*

I've done some cutting in my time. Knives are quiet if you know how to use them.

And yeah, rush to judgment without know the full details of the event is just how the internet works.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2016, 05:10 AM
(10-12-2016 05:58 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 05:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because you won't hold people to a standard of civility?????

That's not what I said, thanks for reacting instead of thinking. You're proving my point.

Not biting on your snark hardly "proves your point".

11-12-2016, 07:27 AM
Apparently the shooter was a school security guard (rather than a duty cop)? This is the kid with his two knives, neither of which he should've been carrying—considering their (maybe?) 8" blades.

[Image: Knife_wielding_teen_shot_by_outside_high_school.jpg]

Under the circumstances, I tend to believe the guard acted appropriately in a situation where a taser may not have worked. On the spur of the moment, this would be a very difficult call for a first-responder to make, so I don't think we can criticise the guard's decision one way or the other. None of us were there.

It also seems the kid's survived, so the issue has probably been overstated by a slavering press all too keen to diss LEOs.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-12-2016, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2016 07:45 AM by GirlyMan.)
(11-12-2016 05:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sorry if you pee yourself every time you see a gun.

I pee myself a little just thinking about them. Sometimes I masturbate with my Mossberg, loaded of course. But only bird shot. And 20 gauge is plenty big as long as it's well oiled.

#sigh
11-12-2016, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2016 07:50 AM by GirlyMan.)
(11-12-2016 05:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel bad for the cop. I've already said that.

Why yes, yes you did. Not exactly in those words though.

(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel sorry for the cop -- who has to live with this cunt's actions fouling up the poor cop's day.....

Think of all the paperwork...

When I grow up can I be a bitter old man too?

#sigh
11-12-2016, 09:19 AM
(11-12-2016 07:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 05:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel bad for the cop. I've already said that.

Why yes, yes you did. Not exactly in those words though.

(10-12-2016 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel sorry for the cop -- who has to live with this cunt's actions fouling up the poor cop's day.....

Think of all the paperwork...

When I grow up can I be a bitter old man too?

Apparently you can grow up to be whatever you want....

"In America, anyone can become president. That's the problem" - George Carlin.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-12-2016, 09:46 AM
(11-12-2016 07:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  When I grow up can I be a bitter old man too?

"online obstreperous"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-12-2016, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2016 01:03 PM by Full Circle.)
There are so many things wrong with how this situation probably came about and how it could have been avoided.

I think back to the days when I was a teenager, moving to a new school, being picked on by the school bullies, being literally knocked out in a fight after school in front of my two younger brothers. Being afraid to go back. Not wanting my parents to know (my brothers told them what happened of course). My dad going to the school principal, the bullies given detention. Me still scared of going back.

I hate bullies and I feel sorry for all those scrawny kids like I used to be (5’10” and weighed 135 pounds).

The thing is I handled it differently than Logan, I befriended the biggest and strongest guys I could find and started lifting weights. It never occurred to me to take a knife or a gun to school.

Some could say that violence hadn’t permeated society back then how it has now but I grew up watching westerns and war movies, someone was always being shot and killed. I was exposed to violence and every week there was a fight to settle things at the local field but it was always fisticuffs, no knives or guns.

Years before being beaten up in that particular school I was bullied in other schools, my family moved a lot, I didn’t know the language well, I was always the odd man out. On another occasion I kept faking being ill so I wouldn’t have to go to school, eventually my father found out I was scared to go because of a group of bullies that would wait for me after school on my walk back home. Dad’s solution was to pick me up one afternoon, had me point out who the kids were and then made me get out of the car. He then told the little gang that his son was going to fight every one of them but only one at a time and then he asked them who wanted to go first? I could not believe what I was hearing! But sure as shit all of them backed down and I didn’t have any more problems with them after that day.

Don’t know where I’m going with all this, maybe Logan’s parents should have stepped in long before Logan felt the need to handle it on his own. Maybe Logan’s parents could have taught him that violence was the last resort and how to handle bullying by first talking to them or the school principal. Maybe the principal and teachers at the school should have known what was going on and put a stop to the bullying. Maybe the school officer should have been given training on how to diffuse situations like this one without using deadly force and issued optional equipment to subdue a troubled kid, maybe he could have aimed at a leg to disable instead of going for the head.

Lots of maybes I know. In the end you had an armed kid threatening and lunging at other kids and at that moment what should have happened to avoid such an incident ever happening didn’t matter, you had the here and now, and who’s to say we would have reacted differently than the school officer under those circumstances? It is a tragedy for everyone involved, Logan, his parents, the officer, the other kids, the community...everyone.

Going forward this situation needs to be studied by other school officers and principals so that they can avoid a similar one happening at their school and conflict resolution needs to be part of any school curriculum even if all it calls for is reporting to an adult, be it a parent or a teacher.

I feel sorry for kids like Logan who feel that their only option to stop the bullying is to do something drastic, sometimes the bullied kid does kill someone, in many instances it is themselves. Whoever was picking on this kid needs to know that they were the catalyst and be held accountable or they’ll just keep doing it to the next Logan.

*edited for spelling and grammar

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post