1. Dimaniac exists.
2. Balls exist.
3. Therefore Dimaniac licks balls.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
17-03-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: Logic Proof for God
(16-03-2015 11:27 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  1. Dimaniac exists.
2. Balls exist.
3. Therefore Dimaniac licks balls.

at least this argument is falsifiable unlike the OP
17-03-2015, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 01:44 AM by One Above All.)
Logic isn't even an absolute perspective. Drinking Beverage

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
17-03-2015, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 08:17 AM by dimaniac.)
(16-03-2015 04:51 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Logic is created by humans
Humans didn't create anything, everything both in material world and world of ideas was created by God.
Quote:You are just trying to say he created Logic, because the logical argument is the one Christians and other thesits can never win against.
And atheists can never logically explain existence of Universe. Why is there something rather than nothing?
17-03-2015, 08:26 AM
(17-03-2015 08:12 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Humans didn't create anything, everything both in material world and world of ideas was created by God.
Quote:You are just trying to say he created Logic, because the logical argument is the one Christians and other thesits can never win against.
And atheists can never logically explain existence of Universe. Why is there something rather than nothing?

Just when you think you have seen the stupidest person ever. God did not create computers, humans did. If God created computers we would have them since the beginning. We can very well logically explain how the universe exists, you just don't accept it because you would rather believe words in an ancient book rather than the evidence right in front of you.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-03-2015, 08:41 AM
(17-03-2015 08:12 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  

I think it is important for you to tell us what the concept "universe" means as you inform it. As I inform it, it means everything that exists. I suspect that's not what you mean. If the universe is the sum total of everything that exists, then asking for an explanation of why the universe exists is nonsensical. What would you point to except something that exists. Then you haven't "explained" existence at all.

If you don't mean the sum total of what exists, then on what basis do you divide existence into separate worlds, one which needs explaining and one that doesn't.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
17-03-2015, 08:46 AM
(17-03-2015 08:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  We can very well logically explain how the universe exists
When were first virtual particles created and why were they first?
17-03-2015, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 09:07 AM by One Above All.)
(17-03-2015 08:46 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 08:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  We can very well logically explain how the universe exists

They weren't created. As for why they were the first, your guess is as good as mine. For the purposes of this expression, anyway.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
17-03-2015, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 08:59 AM by Hafnof.)
(15-03-2015 11:20 AM)kselfri Wrote:  1) Logic exists everywhere in the universe.
2) Logic is thought.
3) Thought only comes from a mind.
Therefore, a mind created the universe.

This is a simple equivocation fallacy[1]. Under (1) you are referring to the universe behaving in a consistent manner that can be comprehended by a mind. In (2) and (3) you are referring to a process of a mind operating: The process of comprehending the universe. These premises do not use "logic" in the same sense. The meaning of "logic" is different in the two sets of premises, therefore the conclusion is not proven.

Rewording we have:
1) The universe operates in a comprehensible manner
2+3) Comprehension is a process of the mind
Therefore, a mind created the universe.

You can see this doesn't hold up.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
17-03-2015, 11:14 AM
(17-03-2015 08:46 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  

Again, how do you know there was ever a first particle? How do you know that the matter and the energy that make up the universe are not eternal? This question is crucial to your argument. I can understand you not wanting to answer this question, but if you're at all concerned with proving God logically, then you have an obligation to answer it cogently. If not then why the pretense? Just say that you believe because you want it to be true.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick