Logic Proof for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: Logic Proof for God
(17-03-2015 11:14 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 08:46 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  When were first virtual particles created and why were they first?

Again, how do you know there was ever a first particle?
Infinite number of virtual particles means infinite number of universes but we have evidence of only one universe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 07:30 AM
(18-03-2015 07:28 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 11:14 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Again, how do you know there was ever a first particle?
Infinite number of virtual particles means infinite number of universes but we have evidence of only one universe.

Just curious: have you ever studied physics in your life? High school doesn't count, FYI.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
18-03-2015, 08:07 AM
(18-03-2015 07:28 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 11:14 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Again, how do you know there was ever a first particle?

This does not answer the question. How do you know that the matter and energy that make up the universe are not eternal? Since your argument hinges on there being a beginning to the universe, how do you know there was not always something instead of nothing?

I don't see any reason to believe that the universe as a whole is not eternal. I'm open to persuasion though.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-03-2015, 08:08 AM
(18-03-2015 07:30 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 07:28 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Infinite number of virtual particles means infinite number of universes but we have evidence of only one universe.

Just curious: have you ever studied physics in your life? High school doesn't count, FYI.

If he has he's very good at hiding it Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-03-2015, 08:14 AM
(18-03-2015 08:07 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  How do you know that the matter and energy that make up the universe are not eternal?
Big Bang theory? Where is your evidence that Universe is eternal?
Even if it's eternal still nobody provided logical explanation why there is something rather than nothing
18-03-2015, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 08:36 AM by true scotsman.)
(18-03-2015 08:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 08:07 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  How do you know that the matter and energy that make up the universe are not eternal?
Big Bang theory? Where is your evidence that Universe is eternal?
Even if it's eternal still nobody provided logical explanation why there is something rather than nothing

This does not answer the question. How do you know the matter and energy that make up the universe are not eternal? The big bang theory does not say there was nothing and then poof, the universe sprang into being. It says that the universe was once much hotter and denser and it expanded and cooled to form stars and galaxies. So at time zero there was something not nothing. And loop quantum gravity describes a contracting universe before the big bang. We won't know until we have a unified theory of gravity what happened before the big bang. But you can not use the big bang as evidence that the matter and energy that make up the universe are not eternal and that was my question.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-03-2015, 08:45 AM
(18-03-2015 08:30 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  So at time zero there was something not nothing.
Ok, it's eternal. Why there is something rather than nothing?
18-03-2015, 08:51 AM
(18-03-2015 08:45 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 08:30 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  So at time zero there was something not nothing.
Ok, it's eternal. Why there is something rather than nothing?

Thank you.

I've already explained why this question is fallaciously complex. And, the answer is that there is something rather than nothing because there is something. The question commits the fallacy of the stolen concept. You might want to learn what this fallacy entails. It is the fundamental flaw of theism. Existence is not contingent on any explanation. All explanations are contingent on existence.

[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
18-03-2015, 09:00 AM
(18-03-2015 08:51 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 08:45 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Ok, it's eternal. Why there is something rather than nothing?
It is the fundamental flaw of theism. Existence is not contingent on any explanation. All explanations are contingent on existence.
So I can't question existence of Universe? Sounds like religion to me
18-03-2015, 09:18 AM
(18-03-2015 09:00 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 08:51 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  It is the fundamental flaw of theism. Existence is not contingent on any explanation. All explanations are contingent on existence.
So I can't question existence of Universe? Sounds like religion to me

He means existence is not dependent on explanation. Meaning existence happens whether its known or not and doesn't need an explanation. It just happens but explanations are dependent on existence. You don't really need an explanation for something that doesn't exist and I don't really think you could anyways but you could give an explanation for something that does exist, so in order for something to have an explanation it has to exist and be observed and studied. I think I got that right.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post