Logic Proof for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: Logic Proof for God
(18-03-2015 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 09:56 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  true scotsman just said it's fallacy
I assumed you meant questioning the cause of its existence.
We just came to conclusion that universe is eternal and so doesn't need any cause I suppose. But i want answer for question why there is something rather than nothing which is fallacy according to true scotsman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 10:20 AM
(18-03-2015 10:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  I assumed you meant questioning the cause of its existence.
We just came to conclusion that universe is eternal and so doesn't need any cause I suppose. But i want answer for question why there is something rather than nothing which is fallacy according to true scotsman

I have a few questions if I may. Why do you want an answer to that question? Why is it you believe there should be nothing instead of something enough to question why there is something? I don't understand why that would even be a question asked.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-03-2015, 10:31 AM
(18-03-2015 10:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I have a few questions if I may. Why do you want an answer to that question?
Logical answer to this question would completely exclude God from the world for me. Absence of God should mean absence of anything yet Universe exists. Other scientific explanations usually have many flaws(like scientists don't have a clue what 96% of Universe is, fine tuning, abiogenesis, etc.)
18-03-2015, 10:37 AM
(18-03-2015 10:31 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 10:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I have a few questions if I may. Why do you want an answer to that question?
Logical answer to this question would completely exclude God for me. Other scientific explanations usually have many flaws(like scientists don't have a clue what 96% of Universe is, fine tuning, abiogenesis, etc.)

There is no 100% answer to why this universe exists. There are still many things we do not know about it. It's like a giant puzzle. Those explanations are like pieces to the puzzle and as we learn more we add more pieces to the puzzle. There is no definitive answer so your gonna be waiting and I doubt you will get one in your lifetime. If you look at the pieces we do have now though, you can make an assumption based on them that everything is natural and not the result of a creator.

Also absence of God does not mean absence of Universe so idk where you even get that from.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-03-2015, 10:42 AM
(18-03-2015 10:31 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Logical answer to this question would completely exclude God from the world for me. Absence of God should mean absence of anything yet Universe exists. Other scientific explanations usually have many flaws(like scientists don't have a clue what 96% of Universe is, fine tuning, abiogenesis, etc.)

God is already excluded because it violates the primacy of existence principle, which is also axiomatic.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-03-2015, 10:46 AM
(18-03-2015 10:42 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  God is already excluded because it violates
God can violate whatever he wants since he created all rules including logic
18-03-2015, 10:49 AM
(18-03-2015 10:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Also absence of God does not mean absence of Universe so idk where you even get that from.
I think that's natural conclusion for any theist. Something can't exist on its own.
18-03-2015, 10:56 AM
(18-03-2015 10:46 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 10:42 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  God is already excluded because it violates

Then what logic did God have when he created everything? He had to have reason to create the things he created but how could he if he didn't have logic until he created it and also what logic did he have to create logic?

(18-03-2015 10:49 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 10:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Also absence of God does not mean absence of Universe so idk where you even get that from.
I think that's natural conclusion for any theist. Something can't exist on its own.

Because most theist are only allowed to believe what is shoved into their brains by pastors and their beliefs.

18-03-2015, 12:46 PM

You have not demonstrated that. That is the very thing in question here. You are begging the question.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-03-2015, 12:54 PM

You've already conceded that the universe is eternal. Therefore it didn't need a creator. It's always existed.

If God created logic then why is there no mention of it in the Bible?