Logic behind choice?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2011, 02:02 AM
RE: Logic behind choice?
With my experience (Wichis really in its infanrcy) in the last year two family friends joins my family church(lds) and each time I thought it was crazy to join knowing nearly nothing about the beliefs and as I talked to my sister about it, saying your religion is a big deal, its not something you should go into without thinking first. Well she got mad and said 'as long as you feel it is true then you should join' I geuss in her wold, thinking means you have to be accountable, and I know she doesn't want to do that. I did point out to her though that she wants people to invite Missionarys into their home but doesn't listen if other religions come to our door. Its probably the first bit of reason she actuly listen to. But she's a 'feeler' she reason normally means nothing compared to her 15 year old emotions.

Google is one of my best friends Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2011, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2011 08:02 AM by k37713.)
RE: Logic behind choice?
Quote:I added animism to my views of atheism for instance because it explains a large part of who I am. It doesn't make me a devout believer. Animism is a rather practical form of religion. I just take it as many of my views happen to coincide with it. Though I always put atheist last as that is my stressor and the part of my views which should be most noted.

So out of curiosity I was just looking up Animism. By pure definition alone ( because I obviously do not have a broad understanding of it ) aren't Animism and Atheism complete opposites? I mean I know there are "varying degrees" of Atheism but this seems like two completely different things all together. Believing that objects animate or not posess souls just seems to contradict everything I think of when I think of Atheism.

--- this is from the be all end all. http://www.dictionary.com.. ( sarcastic )

an·i·mism /ˈænəˌmɪzəm/ Show Spelled
[an-uh-miz-uhm] Show IPA

1. the belief that natural objects, natural phenomena, and the universe itself possess souls.
2. the belief that natural objects have souls that may exist apart from their material bodies.
3. the doctrine that the soul is the principle of life and health.
a·the·ism /ˈeɪθiˌɪzəm/ Show Spelled
[ey-thee-iz-uhm] Show IPA

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no god.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.
and please don't think I am attacking your views - just never heard of it and curious how one puts the two together

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply