Logic vs. Theism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-03-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(08-03-2017 05:51 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 03:42 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  I am pro-war because war is the way that cultures are tested. I look forward to seeing modern culture lose wars and its population be slaughtered for the cultural and genetic good of humanity.

(08-03-2017 03:47 PM)Loom Wrote:  Fuck you and your ideals. You're free to have them and talk about them, but they are disgusting.

Dear Odin you better be a Poe.

I don't think he is. I think that fschmidt is a terrorist who should be on a watch list.

I would be surprised if he ever did anything more than rant on-line like this. He strikes me as a very frightened and angry person who blames everybody else for his own shortcomings. It's pretty sad.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-03-2017, 06:21 PM
(08-03-2017 03:42 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  I am pro-war because war is the way that cultures are tested. I look forward to seeing modern culture lose wars and its population be slaughtered for the cultural and genetic good of humanity.

Ah! Like I said elsewhere, you ARE a fun date. Rolleyes

Do you believe in this on an individual level, as well? I'll be happy to beat on you a bit if you show up in my neighborhood. Purely in the nature of a test, you understand. Consider

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
08-03-2017, 06:24 PM

Nearly forgot to ask: Are you also pro child sex abuse?

Just wondering.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
08-03-2017, 06:25 PM
(08-03-2017 06:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I would be surprised if he ever did anything more than rant on-line like this. He strikes me as a very frightened and angry person who blames everybody else for his own shortcomings. It's pretty sad.

Actually I do a lot. I am happily married and financially successful. I homeschooled my kids so that they would learn to think for themselves and not be indoctrinated with disgusting modern propaganda. I am a programmer and have a lot of open source stuff online. And I have organized a religious group around the Old Testament where we study the Old Testament and apply it to business where we do everything in our power to legally screw modern scum out of money. So no need to feel sorry for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Logic vs. Theism
To Schmidt:

Some corrections are necessary here. First of all, no scientific theory is ever "proved." It is accepted as true pending contrary evidence.

Secondly, evolution has been observed in the laboratory and in the wild. Since your familiarity with the theory of evolution appears sparse to non-existent, I suggest you read "Finding Darwin's God," by Kenneth R. Miller. The author is on the faculty of the Brown University department of biology and the author of one of the most-used biology textbooks. He examines each "theory" of creationism or ID, debunks each, and along the way, shows why each is wrong.

Thirdly, "belief" in the theory of evolution is unnecessary. It stands on the weight of the evidence supporting it, which is considerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 9 users Like Rachel's post
08-03-2017, 07:41 PM
(08-03-2017 06:25 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 06:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I would be surprised if he ever did anything more than rant on-line like this. He strikes me as a very frightened and angry person who blames everybody else for his own shortcomings. It's pretty sad.

Actually I do a lot. I am happily married and financially successful. I homeschooled my kids so that they would learn to think for themselves and not be indoctrinated with disgusting modern propaganda. I am a programmer and have a lot of open source stuff online. And I have organized a religious group around the Old Testament where we study the Old Testament and apply it to business where we do everything in our power to legally screw modern scum out of money. So no need to feel sorry for me.

First, that's not what we were talking about. Second, I do feel sorry for you because you seem to have an incredibly twisted sense of morality. Third, if you do have kids I feel extremely sorry for them. I hope they can break away from the toxic environment that you undoubtedly create.

You are a sad little man.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Are you trying to lose this debate? Not sure if stoopid or insane.

I'd be surprised if he's ever been touched by a woman. His mother probably ran away before he was born. Oh and "shortcomings" is likely a trigger word.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
08-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Sorry I haven't been participating in this one, following the comment about evolution being an untestable idea/theory. Usually, I'd jump all over that one... but frankly, I lost interest once this guy made the statement. He obviously has no idea why it's Not Okay™ to cite someone, such as Unwin, who uses disastrously flawed methodology to come to unfounded conclusions, and has no idea how the Scientific Method works.

It's pointless to argue with people who simply grasp at straws to support their sick and twisted ideologies, at this level. Citing to a poorly-constructed argument such as Unwin's as the basis of your ideological outlook is no different, from a "strange ideas that are contrary to what almost anyone else in the field would say about the subject" perspective, than the German and Italian "race scientists" who manipulated and twisted what evolution actually says in order to push an ideology that said one race is superior to another, or the Russian scientist Lysenko whose off-the-wall (and counter to what every other scientist said on the subject of evolution) ideas led to the starvation of millions in the Soviet Union.

That said, I'll simply make this comment: evolution is testable and even mathematically demonstrable, as anyone who as taken even a Junior-level genetics course can tell you (since they must do the math, day in and day out). We not only know that it happens, but why and how it happens, and these why/how concepts make predictions that would be disproved if they were wrong, any time we find the fossilized evidence of the past way it happened. We also can run computer models of the systems, to see how they have/can/do function, as even a cursory read of the National Institutes of Health's PubMed (PNAS) website's publications will tell anyone who is intellectually honest enough to find out the facts.

On a sociological level, I find it interesting to note that people who assert that the fall of certain civilizations (such as the Greeks and Romans) were catalyzed by a "decline" in sexual mores, leading to their corruption from within, so often overlook that the centuries-long period of greatest success in both civilizations were during the time when they were sexually permissive... and it was only during their collapse phase that the conservative social forces started pushing restrictive ideologies (such as Christianity's disdain of the formerly-flowering Greek culture's permissiveness, which had been adopted by the Roman culture) began to rise. The wealthy continued to fleece the gullible masses who bought into the "you need a Lord and strict behavior code" ideology, and it was this that led to the downfall of liberty and to a state of endless imperial warfare to prop up those oligarchs, and eventually the empire's collapse into feudalism.

I think we're seeing this process in western cultures, especially the United States, today.

This guy is not the pestilence, itself. He's just a symptom of it, a person who has bought into the propaganda without sufficient criticism of his warped ideologies, and has become a perverse thing, as a result. He is to be pitied... and ignored.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-03-2017, 11:07 PM
(08-03-2017 06:25 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  ...
And I have organized a religious group around the Old Testament where we study the Old Testament and apply it to business where we do everything in our power to legally screw modern scum out of money. So no need to feel sorry for me.

Seems OK to me.

Cool with immigrants, widows, orphans and people who have nothing but the clothes they wear Thumbsup

Exodux 22:

21 You shall not wrong or oppress a resident alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.

22 You shall not abuse any widow or orphan.

23 If you do abuse them, when they cry out to me, I will surely heed their cry;

24 my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children orphans.

25 If you lend money to my people, to the poor among you, you shall not deal with them as a creditor; you shall not exact interest from them.

26 If you take your neighbour’s cloak in pawn, you shall restore it before the sun goes down;

27 for it may be your neighbour’s only clothing to use as cover; in what else shall that person sleep? And if your neighbour cries out to me, I will listen, for I am compassionate.

And cancelling of debts every fifty years preventing anyone from accumulating too much wealth and ... no cheating. Thumbsup

Leviticus 25:

10 And you shall hallow the fiftieth year and you shall proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you: you shall return, every one of you, to your property and every one of you to your family.

17 You shall not cheat one another, but you shall fear your God; for I am the Lord your God.

And Marxism ... "to each according to his needs" Thumbsup

Exodus 16:

18 And when they measured it by the omer, the one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. Everyone had gathered just as much as they needed.

19 Then Moses said to them, ‘No one is to keep any of it until morning.’

20 However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them.

And punishment for being shitty Thumbsup

Amos 4:

1. ... who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, ...
2 The Lord God has sworn by his holiness: The time is surely coming upon you, when they shall take you away with hooks,

So as long as you are targeting 'modern' Wall Street 'scum' and giving to the poor and needy... carry on.

You have my blessing, Robin Schmidt of Sherwood Forest.

Bowing

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2017, 12:30 AM
Honestly if this guy hates modern society so much, he ought to chuck away his modern computer and GTFO of his modern house, live in a hut and revel in his Old Testament.

I still think he's a Poe. Then again some people really are that sick.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post