Logic vs. Theism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-03-2017, 04:01 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(09-03-2017 12:30 AM)Loom Wrote:  I still think he's a Poe. Then again some people really are that sick.

The people who really are that thick probably don't get their kicks trying to troll atheist forums. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2017, 07:26 AM
(08-03-2017 12:29 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  I don't write major articles for secular people because there are too few of them with enough intelligence to understand what I am saying.

Yeah, when trying to pass off fantasy as fact, intelligence can get in the way. Asshole.
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
09-03-2017, 07:48 AM
(08-03-2017 03:42 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 03:28 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Oh yes:

* The Crusades
* Rhineland Massacres
* Albigensian genocide
* The Inquisition
* Ottoman Wars
* Cologne War
* Huguenot Wars
* Eighty Years War
* Thirty Years War
* Dungan Revolt
* Partition of India
* Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
* Buddhist Uprising
* Gujarat Riots
* 969 Movement
* The Troubles
* Xinjiang Wars
* Jonestown
* Golden Temple Seige
* Central African Republic
* Catholic Church child abuse sex scandal
* Protestant clergy child sex abuse
* 9/11
* ISIS

We have fabulous historical evidence of religious models for "a successful culture". Dodgy

I am pro-war because war is the way that cultures are tested. I look forward to seeing modern culture lose wars and its population be slaughtered for the cultural and genetic good of humanity.

You're quite the dick.
09-03-2017, 07:50 AM
(08-03-2017 06:25 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 06:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I would be surprised if he ever did anything more than rant on-line like this. He strikes me as a very frightened and angry person who blames everybody else for his own shortcomings. It's pretty sad.

Actually I do a lot. I am happily married and financially successful. I homeschooled my kids so that they would learn to think for themselves and not be indoctrinated with disgusting modern propaganda. I am a programmer and have a lot of open source stuff online. And I have organized a religious group around the Old Testament where we study the Old Testament and apply it to business where we do everything in our power to legally screw modern scum out of money. So no need to feel sorry for me.

Oh, there is plenty to feel sorry for. Not you, but anyone who comes in contact with you.
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
09-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Hmm, kept at home in an insulated environment so that they wouldn't get brainwashed by things such as science, or hear other viewpoints. Nice job.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2017, 03:55 PM
(09-03-2017 10:07 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Hmm, kept at home in an insulated environment so that they wouldn't get brainwashed by things such as science, or hear other viewpoints. Nice job.
In fairness to home schoolers generally, that is not necessarily either the intent or effect of home schooling; there are ways to do it right. And in states where it's properly accountable, students have to demonstrate mastery of STEM topics on standardized tests. Also, a significant percentage of home schooled children successfully enter the conventional school systems sometime before high school anyway.

However, creating an intellectual ghetto insulated from "other viewpoints" does appear to be a major goal in this instance your dealing with here; this post is just a gentle push back against home school stereotypes that are created in part by parents like fschmidt. My daughter home schools her two school age sons, and she's an atheist herself. It has to do with the lack of special needs programs in her area, not ideology. Her oldest is about to enter an "early college high school" where he will, if successful, earn dual diplomas in four years -- for high school and an associate's degree. While he was being home schooled, he was participating in things like a robotics team in cooperation with the local school. So it's not an either / or proposition, nor does it necessarily indicate social isolation or deprivation.

It is a pity in my view that once again, fundamentalists and other crackpots have hijacked an otherwise workable concept that is appropriate for some children / families, made it their own, and marched it straight into the toilet, credibility-wise.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
09-03-2017, 04:28 PM
(08-03-2017 09:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That said, I'll simply make this comment: evolution is testable and even mathematically demonstrable,

And has been directly observed in the laboratory.
See link to the Blount/Borland/Lenski paper, posted earlier.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 04:32 PM
But ... where is fschmidt ? I'm still dying to find out if also condones child abuse and ritual religious torture homicide, and suicide, along with religious war.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
09-03-2017, 10:27 PM
The new tes tament talks about peace love and compassion. The old testament was the history of the jews which god has done no wrong.
10-03-2017, 06:04 AM
(09-03-2017 03:55 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 10:07 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Hmm, kept at home in an insulated environment so that they wouldn't get brainwashed by things such as science, or hear other viewpoints. Nice job.
In fairness to home schoolers generally, that is not necessarily either the intent or effect of home schooling; there are ways to do it right. And in states where it's properly accountable, students have to demonstrate mastery of STEM topics on standardized tests. Also, a significant percentage of home schooled children successfully enter the conventional school systems sometime before high school anyway.

However, creating an intellectual ghetto insulated from "other viewpoints" does appear to be a major goal in this instance your dealing with here; this post is just a gentle push back against home school stereotypes that are created in part by parents like fschmidt. My daughter home schools her two school age sons, and she's an atheist herself. It has to do with the lack of special needs programs in her area, not ideology. Her oldest is about to enter an "early college high school" where he will, if successful, earn dual diplomas in four years -- for high school and an associate's degree. While he was being home schooled, he was participating in things like a robotics team in cooperation with the local school. So it's not an either / or proposition, nor does it necessarily indicate social isolation or deprivation.

It is a pity in my view that once again, fundamentalists and other crackpots have hijacked an otherwise workable concept that is appropriate for some children / families, made it their own, and marched it straight into the toilet, credibility-wise.

Absolutely, yes. I was only talking about this guy and his clear agenda.

I didn't mean to suggest all home schooling is like this.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user