Logic vs. Theism
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
15-03-2017, 07:19 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(15-03-2017 07:16 AM)socialistview Wrote:  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

> Quotes from your book of mythology are not evidence or proof for your beliefs. They are unproven claims.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-03-2017, 07:21 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(15-03-2017 07:16 AM)socialistview Wrote:  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

Again - for the thousandth time - spewing bible passages as a support for religious ideals based on bible passages is circular reasoning and, as such, irrational and irrelevant.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
15-03-2017, 07:23 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(15-03-2017 07:16 AM)socialistview Wrote:  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

Why do you continue to quote the bible at us? We've read it. There are a few decent things mixed in with a shitload of disgusting atrocities. It is not evidence of anything, nor is it a good guide to anything except how to set up a barbaric society.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
15-03-2017, 10:48 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
So the new testament is a barbaric society? the old testament is the history of the jews trying to live by the law and it shows how the ones that were trying to be a atleast a good person even when they sinned but in life tried to do the right thing they made it to heaven and the ones that were compassionless meaning they don't forgive and thinking they would never do that if put in the same circustances and try to kill them and everything like that and no forgiveness at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(15-03-2017 10:48 AM)socialistview Wrote:  So the new testament is a barbaric society?

Yes. For example, it endorses slavery and beating people for disobedience. It also introduces the concept of infinite punishment for finite crimes.

Quote: the old testament is the history of the jews

it. is. not. a. history.

Quote:trying to live by the law and it shows how the ones that were trying to be a atleast a good person even when they sinned but in life tried to do the right thing they made it to heaven

Where in the OT did Jews get to heaven? That is a Christian concept.

Quote:and the ones that were compassionless meaning they don't forgive and thinking they would never do that if put in the same circustances and try to kill them and everything like that and no forgiveness at all.

English. Try it. Gibberish doesn't get your point across.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-03-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(15-03-2017 07:19 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 07:16 AM)socialistview Wrote:  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

> Quotes from your book of mythology are not evidence or proof for your beliefs. They are unproven claims.

A point which has been made repeatedly, yet has yet to sink in for him.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
15-03-2017, 11:32 AM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
[Image: 118339a97c94524a976f3937e13871a8.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-03-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
The bible doesnt endorse it but accept it as something that happened the new testament especially didn't endorse slavery. And beating people not in the new testament. Who cares finite crime you did a crime that resonates through history. Jews went to heaven when jesus resurrected. And the old testament tries to imply that even as a flawed man if you try to obey the law or trying to be good you'll make it to heaven and those who judge against the man that's trying to be good will go to hell becuase they are like to say they like to look like there doing good and obeying the word and look like a good person but their flawed just as much as him and should be judging if you get what I'm trying to get at. The jews didn't understand that your not suppose to look so critical of things and live with emotion and not emotionless.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(15-03-2017 07:12 PM)socialistview Wrote:  The bible doesnt endorse it but accept it as something that happened the new testament especially didn't endorse slavery. And beating people not in the new testament. Who cares finite crime you did a crime that resonates through history. Jews went to heaven when jesus resurrected. And the old testament tries to imply that even as a flawed man if you try to obey the law or trying to be good you'll make it to heaven and those who judge against the man that's trying to be good will go to hell becuase they are like to say they like to look like there doing good and obeying the word and look like a good person but their flawed just as much as him and should be judging if you get what I'm trying to get at. The jews didn't understand that your not suppose to look so critical of things and live with emotion and not emotionless.

1 Peter 2:18-20
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.



Come again? This isn't saying slavery is wrong, it says do what your told even if your master is brutal. and just so we're clear its from the new testament

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
15-03-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(15-03-2017 07:12 PM)socialistview Wrote:  The bible doesnt endorse it but accept it as something that happened the new testament especially didn't endorse slavery. And beating people not in the new testament. Who cares finite crime you did a crime that resonates through history. Jews went to heaven when jesus resurrected. And the old testament tries to imply that even as a flawed man if you try to obey the law or trying to be good you'll make it to heaven and those who judge against the man that's trying to be good will go to hell becuase they are like to say they like to look like there doing good and obeying the word and look like a good person but their flawed just as much as him and should be judging if you get what I'm trying to get at. The jews didn't understand that your not suppose to look so critical of things and live with emotion and not emotionless.

> Wrong!

> "Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

> "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

> 47 "The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it.
> 48 But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: