Logic vs. Theism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-03-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Logic vs. Theism
(22-03-2017 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:59 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So we're back to -You can't prove it's not!

Boring....

More interesting would be for you to provide a falsifiable claim for this alleged creator's existence.

What kind of evidence would show the god hypothesis to be false?

Perhaps the obvious evidence that we are not the center of the universe?

[Image: YouAreHere.jpg]
I'm sorry, why do we need to be in the center of the known universe in order for there to be a cause of existence?

faith in selfless unity for good

Define your god in a falsifiable manner, otherwise it's a baseless assertion and a useless concept.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 02:06 PM
(22-03-2017 02:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Cause and effect

The visible lack of chaos in observable existence.

The fact that all observable existence can be perfectly defined with mathematics.

The fact that all things seem to have a life cycle or designated path (really just lack of chaos again)

The fact that there is no evidence for coincidence or chance.

The very fact that we have emotion that assigns significance to things shoes that there is purpose to life and as such; existence as a whole.

I can go on but am quite tied up at the moment.

peace

.... Math doesn't define anything, it's used to describe things. Math is a fucking language dude...

So....you're position is dependent on you not knowing that like .... coin flips exist....

The rest of your points are either meaningless inaccurate gibberish, or are true but not evidence of anything in particular....

There's actually a lot more wrong with what you just said but I'm kinda tied up with epic facepalms after reading this, I'll let the inquisition finish.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
22-03-2017, 02:08 PM
(22-03-2017 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:59 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So we're back to -You can't prove it's not!

Boring....

More interesting would be for you to provide a falsifiable claim for this alleged creator's existence.

What kind of evidence would show the god hypothesis to be false?

Perhaps the obvious evidence that we are not the center of the universe?

[Image: YouAreHere.jpg]
I'm sorry, why do we need to be in the center of the known universe in order for there to be a cause of existence?

There was a time when Christians though so.... you're that unaware of your own religions history?

The basic point is they get shit ass backwards wrong all the time.... some divinely inspired reflection of reality......

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
22-03-2017, 02:22 PM

The fact that all observable existence can be perfectly defined with mathematics.

The fact that all things seem to have a life cycle or designated path (really just lack of chaos again)

The very fact that we have emotion that assigns significance to things shoes that there is purpose to life and as such; existence as a whole.

peace

Cause and effect doesn't require a creator. This is just a baseless assertion, you have zero evidence.

Define chaos, that doesn't mean anything unless it's a clear definition.

The universe is not perfectly defined by mathematics. Facepalm Why do you think this whole dark matter/ dark energy thing is such a big deal in cosmology?

All things have a life cycle? You mean like an asteroid? Facepalm

Define life.

No evidence of coincidence? Are you serious? Facepalm

[Image: Paul_White.jpg]

Purpose to life? Facepalm

We have so much purpose on this Earth and it means so much that the sun will go nova in a billion years and incinerate it all.

All you have done here is make more assertions, you have provided zero evidence.

You pretend that humanity not being the center of the universe is irrelevant, yet some of your assertions put us at the center of the universe.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
22-03-2017, 02:52 PM
(22-03-2017 11:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:17 PM)JesseB Wrote:  We keep asking this, he keeps avoiding it... pity.
Oohh oohh! Pick me, pick me...

Leviticus: 19. 18. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Matthew: 5. 43. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Matthew: 19. 19. Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew: 22. 39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James: 2. 8. If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

peace

(19-03-2017 08:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 06:26 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Time to put up or shut up SV. Show where the NT actually "bans slavery" or admit that you are reading only what you want to read and don't have a fucking clue what the text actually says.

10 bucks says that it's the old 'NT rules and regulations supersede OT rules and regs, therefore "Love thy neighbour"' routine.

No reason why, of course, that one cannot 'love' thy slave-neighbour.

Which I'm sure happened quite a lot.

Blink

Called it!

Yay me.

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-03-2017, 03:18 PM
(22-03-2017 02:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
we have emotion that assigns significance to things shoes that there is purpose to life ...

Hands up if you've ever dated someone who believes that the purpose to life is shoes.

Angel

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
22-03-2017, 03:58 PM
(22-03-2017 02:05 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sorry, why do we need to be in the center of the known universe in order for there to be a cause of existence?

Define your god in a falsifiable manner, otherwise it's a baseless assertion and a useless concept.
Why not answer my question first?

22-03-2017, 04:04 PM
(22-03-2017 03:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:05 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Define your god in a falsifiable manner, otherwise it's a baseless assertion and a useless concept.
Why not answer my question first?

Your question has been answered by several people in the last 15 posts, your question is also largely irrelevant. The fact that your god does not exist clearly supersedes any concern over if humans needs to be the center of the universe for said non existent god to exist.

Big Grin
22-03-2017, 04:05 PM
(22-03-2017 02:06 PM)JesseB Wrote:  

The fact that all observable existence can be perfectly described with mathematics.

peace

.... Math doesn't define anything, it's used to describe things. Math is a fucking language dude...

So....you're position is dependent on you not knowing that like .... coin flips exist....

The rest of your points are either meaningless inaccurate gibberish, or are true but not evidence of anything in particular....

There's actually a lot more wrong with what you just said but I'm kinda tied up with epic facepalms after reading this, I'll let the inquisition finish.

I should have said described. Like I said; I was short on time. And it does speak to intelligent design.

Show evidence that a coin toss is random or based on chance. I assure you it is neither, but think for yourself. I'll wait. Everything happens for a reason though you may not believe it. It doesn't need your belief to be true.

No; alone they are evidence of no thing in particular. You are correct. But I never said it was irrifutable proof. The points I attempted to mention, together, do lean more towards a cause than no case which is nonsensical.

22-03-2017, 04:08 PM
(22-03-2017 02:08 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sorry, why do we need to be in the center of the known universe in order for there to be a cause of existence?

There was a time when Christians though so.... you're that unaware of your own religions history?

The basic point is they get shit ass backwards wrong all the time.... some divinely inspired reflection of reality......
Show me what prophet or messenger of GOD that said we are the center of the universe, and then understand that I ,nor my belief in or faithfulness towards GOD are not the product of the indocrination of man, fear, nor gullibility.

As if it must closely follow the errors of man in order to have faith in GOD.

Try not stereotyping people. I have to at times.

peace