Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Logic
(02-12-2015 02:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm not anti-study or reading, I'm not anti-intellectual, or anti-logical.
It's funny that you say this because in your previous post you stated something that is anti-intellectual and anti logical

(25-11-2015 01:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Just as our understanding of scientific fact is imperfect, we ourselves are imperfect. Jesus died and rose, the perfect for the imperfect. Trust Jesus and what He did for you on the cross-a horrible death-for forgiveness of imperfection (sin) and for eternal life!

It's funny that you challenge evolution.
(02-12-2015 02:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Do you not see the huge odds stacked against multiple organ systems "coming on line"

And yet you do not challenge the idea of a person dying and then three days later coming back to life. You do not challenge the idea that it is a non sequitur to consider that the death of one person can be payment for the sins of others.
You do not challenge the lack of utility or commodity of "blood sacrifice".

Just assertions that you accept without any critical thought what-so-ever.

(02-12-2015 02:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Do you not see the huge odds stacked against multiple organ systems "coming on line"
The theory of evolution requires very small stepwise fitness improvements. You might refer to these as "micro-evolution".

If you think that "macro-evolution" equates to large changes then realise that large changes never happen, "macro-evolution" never happens.

Each offspring is of the same species as their parents.

Species do not have clear demarcation boundaries along their ancestral lineage. There is no DNA blueprint for a human, no reference DNA. We all represent different DNA we just happen to be reproductively compatible despite our DNA difference with other humans living in our time.

(02-12-2015 02:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  When someone raises the mere specter of doubt, why is it necessary for you to demonize the opposing voice?
If your doubt is based on the idea of multiple organ systems "coming on line" then you don't understand evolution. Perhaps you could benefit from taking some time to understand what the theory of evolution is before you make such a mistaken claim. Or perhaps if you make a mistaken claim then you could benefit from listing to other people when they point out that your understanding of evolution is faulty. I know enough to be able to correct you on this matter, do you want to hear from me why multiple organ systems coming online is inconsistent with the theory of evolution?

Many others on this site can also explain this to you also. This is entry level evolution, you don't need a biology degree to understand it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Stevil's post
07-12-2015, 12:36 PM
(03-12-2015 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So... you will continue to curse and harangue me after I make several reasoned, legitimate appeals to you to behave maturely, think through the issues carefully and be gentlemanly. I guess you really are a "true atheist". Good luck to you.

When you first got here, I was polite to you. After you kept repeatedly posting ignorant and delusional crap, refusing to fact-check or back up your crap with credible sources, and exhibiting the truly petulant, ugly, and vicious side of your person, I have given up even attempting to be polite to you.
Your participation here is annoying and if you don't like to be called out for your crap then just go away. Drinking Beverage

You have NEVER been polite to me or to any theist here that I've seen. From post one, you made snippy little one-liners, most of which are non-substantive. Would you use "read a book you @#%" in an academic debate or would you present facts? Clearly, this is because you are both rude and lack facts.

You lack friends and family, Chas, real friends of substance, because your heart is occluded with bitterness. Repent.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like The Q Continuum's post
07-12-2015, 12:37 PM
(03-12-2015 05:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm not anti-study or reading, I'm not anti-intellectual, or anti-logical.
It's funny that you say this because in your previous post you stated something that is anti-intellectual and anti logical

(25-11-2015 01:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Just as our understanding of scientific fact is imperfect, we ourselves are imperfect. Jesus died and rose, the perfect for the imperfect. Trust Jesus and what He did for you on the cross-a horrible death-for forgiveness of imperfection (sin) and for eternal life!

And yet you do not challenge the idea of a person dying and then three days later coming back to life. You do not challenge the idea that it is a non sequitur to consider that the death of one person can be payment for the sins of others.

The theory of evolution requires very small stepwise fitness improvements. You might refer to these as "micro-evolution".

If you think that "macro-evolution" equates to large changes then realise that large changes never happen, "macro-evolution" never happens.

Species do not have clear demarcation boundaries along their ancestral lineage. There is no DNA blueprint for a human, no reference DNA. We all represent different DNA we just happen to be reproductively compatible despite our DNA difference with other humans living in our time.

(02-12-2015 02:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  When someone raises the mere specter of doubt, why is it necessary for you to demonize the opposing voice?
If your doubt is based on the idea of multiple organ systems "coming on line" then you don't understand evolution. Perhaps you could benefit from taking some time to understand what the theory of evolution is before you make such a mistaken claim. Or perhaps if you make a mistaken claim then you could benefit from listing to other people when they point out that your understanding of evolution is faulty. I know enough to be able to correct you on this matter, do you want to hear from me why multiple organ systems coming online is inconsistent with the theory of evolution?

Many others on this site can also explain this to you also. This is entry level evolution, you don't need a biology degree to understand it.

It's not "funny" to challenge evolution or this subset of evolutionary advancement. It's serious business with much in the balance. "Gradual changes over time" in no way explain how species change environments and find food and mates and etc. Jump in a lake and see how "gradual changes over time" help you breathe underwater. Ridiculous!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
07-12-2015, 12:49 PM
(07-12-2015 12:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It's funny that you say this because in your previous post you stated something that is anti-intellectual and anti logical

It's not "funny" to challenge evolution or this subset of evolutionary advancement. It's serious business with much in the balance. "Gradual changes over time" in no way explain how species change environments and find food and mates and etc. Jump in a lake and see how "gradual changes over time" help you breathe underwater. Ridiculous!

Where in your mind makes you think this joke or comment of jump in a lake and see if gradual change can help you breathe is anything worth thinking? That's horribly sad how you think anything.

Gradual change absolutely makes sense in seeing environmental and adaptive changes. Apparently you just can't see things on a SCALE basis. Because you're too solely focused on our human structured world view already ingrained to you... jumping into a lake and start breathing? Of course not. It's as bad as saying where is your crocoduck or where is your 20ft tall pig... Why don't you ask for situations or examples of real possible specification like IN process diverging animal species or certain types of animals beginning live births vs eggs apart from their relatives... you know things that can showcase change that is not irrational leaping to something nobody would expect to happen on any level.

(07-12-2015 12:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You lack friends and family, Chas, real friends of substance, because your heart is occluded with bitterness. Repent.

You literally have no clue if you know anything of that nature. You just showing what a worse off person you are if you even care. It's just more assumption leaping based on no sensible evidence again. Why do you even bother assuming you know something about a person because they don't do what you want them to do?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
07-12-2015, 04:48 PM
(07-12-2015 12:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  When you first got here, I was polite to you. After you kept repeatedly posting ignorant and delusional crap, refusing to fact-check or back up your crap with credible sources, and exhibiting the truly petulant, ugly, and vicious side of your person, I have given up even attempting to be polite to you.
Your participation here is annoying and if you don't like to be called out for your crap then just go away. Drinking Beverage

You have NEVER been polite to me or to any theist here that I've seen. From post one, you made snippy little one-liners, most of which are non-substantive. Would you use "read a book you @#%" in an academic debate or would you present facts? Clearly, this is because you are both rude and lack facts.

You utterly misunderstand evolution yet refuse to read any real books on it. I have pointed out the root of your misunderstanding but you refuse to acknowledge that.
It is not a subject I can teach you on an internet forum, it actually requires more than that.

Quote:You lack friends and family, Chas, real friends of substance, because your heart is occluded with bitterness. Repent.

Thank you for your absurd projection. Now fuck off, you absurd twat. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2015, 04:49 PM
(07-12-2015 12:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It's funny that you say this because in your previous post you stated something that is anti-intellectual and anti logical

Jumping in a lake is not a gradual change, you massively ignorant and stupid twat. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-12-2015, 07:04 PM
(07-12-2015 12:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jump in a lake and see how "gradual changes over time" help you breathe underwater. Ridiculous!
I don't believe for one second that you think the theory of evolution suggests that if an individual organism stays in an environment for long enough then it will evolve during its own lifetime?

If you want to have a conversation about evolution then I am up for it, but you need to take the conversation seriously. You need to show that you have an interest in understand evolution. I am happy for you to criticise the theory but you do need to criticise a correct understanding of the theory.

If I walked into the water and stayed there and over the space of a month or a year I turned into a mermaid or a whale or something then that would actually disprove evolution. They would have to rethink the whole theory.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
07-12-2015, 07:17 PM
(28-09-2015 02:03 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 01:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Is it special pleading, then, to point out that both science (law of conservation of matter and energy) and the scriptures (Genesis 1) indicate that a whole bunch of matter and light (this universe) arose suddenly from empty space/in expanding space?

Yes, thank you for not reading the date on that post and continuing to participate in the needless necromancy of a five-year-old thread.

God did it, I thunk every body knowed that!
07-12-2015, 08:04 PM
(07-12-2015 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Jumping in a lake is not a gradual change, you massively ignorant and stupid twat. Facepalm

He's trolling. Everything about his persona, name, icon, the wording and phrasing, everything is calculated to provoke.

He (or she) is a troll, albeit one who puts more effort into it than most, but a troll nonetheless.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
08-12-2015, 01:36 PM
After he's been repeatedly handed his ass, this Q jackass is still here? Wow.