Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Logic
(05-10-2015 01:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 01:58 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Q, can you confirm for me again - who authored the book of genesis?

Many Christians and Jews believe God shared the details of Genesis with Moses as amanuensis/scribe. That is aligns with science's best-to-date knowledge of the beginning is profound and a hallmark of its divine authorship.

Don't care who is "believed" to have written anything. The rest of your response is so far off the loony scale that it is not worth a single comment.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
08-10-2015, 08:02 AM
(05-10-2015 02:53 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 01:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Many Christians and Jews believe God shared the details of Genesis with Moses as amanuensis/scribe. That is aligns with science's best-to-date knowledge of the beginning is profound and a hallmark of its divine authorship.

Don't care who is "believed" to have written anything. The rest of your response is so far off the loony scale that it is not worth a single comment.

A typical TTA chide--which is also a logical fallacy. Either presents facts or...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2015, 04:43 PM
(08-10-2015 08:02 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 02:53 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Don't care who is "believed" to have written anything. The rest of your response is so far off the loony scale that it is not worth a single comment.

A typical TTA chide--which is also a logical fallacy. Either presents facts or...

You made the claim, you bring the evidence.

Are you so fucking stupid that you haven't learned that yet? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-10-2015, 04:44 PM
(08-10-2015 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 08:02 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  A typical TTA chide--which is also a logical fallacy. Either presents facts or...

You're kidding right? I'm taking that as a rhetorical question.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2015, 04:51 PM
A thread from 2009???

Look what I wake up to? KC takes in two strange animals, eventually they attack.

Unbeliever begins a thread in 09 that is somehow resurrected in 2015???

Take your bible to school day???

A thread on assisted suicide turns into a thread about abortion?

Q has no care as to whom wrote something down???

You gotta love this place. If only for the insanity! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
(08-10-2015 08:02 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  A typical TTA chide--which is also a logical fallacy. Either presents facts or...

Are you that stupid that you would even need to ask Q if he hasn't learned that yet? Consider Laughat (in jest of course.) I'm still wondering why people even respond to him. When someone keeps nagging me and I don't respond eventually that person gives up and goes away. I still can't comprehend that the fine people of TTA haven't figured that shit out yet.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
08-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Clearly your view on logic and this place was wrong. Smartass

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-10-2015, 08:40 AM
God started to create (day)light on earth according to Genesis when the earth already existed. There was even water to be found. This can not be considered as the beginning of the universe according to science best to date knowledge. Not even halfway through since the beginning. There is absolutely no trace in Genesis of an expanding universe.

That any divine truth or "knowledge" was shared with Moses proves that it's all about unfounded claims. No knowledge needs divine authorship to convince somebody, only nonsense does.

It seems to me that you deserve your reputation on this forum.
09-10-2015, 11:20 AM

Chas, are you saying I need to bring the evidence as to why "I don't care as to who is believed to have written a document" is an off statement made by a TTA colleague of yours?

You are blind to anything I write, clearly.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
09-10-2015, 11:58 AM
(09-10-2015 11:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  You made the claim, you bring the evidence.

Chas, are you saying I need to bring the evidence as to why "I don't care as to who is believed to have written a document" is an off statement made by a TTA colleague of yours?

You are blind to anything I write, clearly.

Q - you are a lying and dodgy douchebag of a weasel! How can you be shocked and point your self righteous pissant finger at me for not accepting the answer "many christain and jews believe" to my question of authorship? This is your valid explanation to all creation, and you cannot confirm who wrote the details down for us to later find and interpret? Un-friggin-believeable!

And then you state: "That is aligns with science's best-to-date knowledge of the beginning is profound and a hallmark of its divine authorship." REALLY! A damn flat out lie! Science clearly stands on the evidence of evolution of all primates (including humans). As George Carlin said "there is something really really wrong here!"

Stupidity and delusion do not make a case against science.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post