Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: Logic
(09-10-2015 08:40 AM)WillemRM Wrote:  God started to create (day)light on earth according to Genesis when the earth already existed.

The funny thing is, xians equate "let there be light" as the creation of light itself separate from the creation of the Sun, Moon and stars. But here's the kicker: the bible goes on to posit that god himself is light. If that is the case, did he cease to exist before the creation of everything? Did he pop into existence uttering "let there be light?" That can't be either because xians claim he has always existed. If the "light" that god is happens to be symbolic and he created physical light at the moment of creation, did he sit around in utter darkness for all of previous eternity?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2015, 03:30 AM
Quote: [quote]If the "light" that god is happens to be symbolic and he created physical light at the moment of creation, did he sit around in utter darkness for all of previous eternity?
Correct me if I'm wrong; are there not certain cosmological models to propose an eternal continuous creation of several universes, multi or/and parallel, which would exclude any general 1 point beginning of everything.

So if there is a cosmological super being he doesn't have to worry of being ever in the dark?
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2015, 04:14 AM
(10-10-2015 03:30 AM)WillemRM Wrote:  
Quote: [quote]If the "light" that god is happens to be symbolic and he created physical light at the moment of creation, did he sit around in utter darkness for all of previous eternity?
Correct me if I'm wrong; are there not certain cosmological models to propose an eternal continuous creation of several universes, multi or/and parallel, which would exclude any general 1 point beginning of everything.

So if there is a cosmological super being he doesn't have to worry of being ever in the dark?

None that are validated or bear any credibility in the scientific community. Just the concept of multi-verses alone has already been written off by Neil DeGrasse Tyson because out of all the years of research going into studying this, no one has been able to find any supporting evidence

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
10-10-2015, 03:21 PM
(10-10-2015 03:30 AM)WillemRM Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong; are there not certain cosmological models to propose an eternal continuous creation of several universes, multi or/and parallel, which would exclude any general 1 point beginning of everything.

You are correct. God of the Bible doesn't have to worry of being ever in the dark. Light is eternal. It always existed. It was never created by anyone.
"The beginning" in Genesis is not first or absolute beginning of everything. The Bible doesn't claim that God created everything.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-10-2015, 04:03 PM
(09-10-2015 11:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  You made the claim, you bring the evidence.

Are you so fucking stupid that you haven't learned that yet? Consider

Chas, are you saying I need to bring the evidence as to why "I don't care as to who is believed to have written a document" is an off statement made by a TTA colleague of yours?

You are blind to anything I write, clearly.

Your reading comprehension is that of a six-year-old.

(05-10-2015 01:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Many Christians and Jews believe God shared the details of Genesis with Moses as amanuensis/scribe. That is aligns with science's best-to-date knowledge of the beginning is profound and a hallmark of its divine authorship.

That was your claim. Now support it or shut the fuck up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-10-2015, 04:28 PM
(10-10-2015 03:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 03:30 AM)WillemRM Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong; are there not certain cosmological models to propose an eternal continuous creation of several universes, multi or/and parallel, which would exclude any general 1 point beginning of everything.

You are correct. God of the Bible doesn't have to worry of being ever in the dark. Light is eternal. It always existed. It was never created by anyone.
"The beginning" in Genesis is not first or absolute beginning of everything. The Bible doesn't claim that God created everything.

Citation please. . .

[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
10-10-2015, 04:40 PM
(10-10-2015 04:28 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 03:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  You are correct. God of the Bible doesn't have to worry of being ever in the dark. Light is eternal. It always existed. It was never created by anyone.

Citation please. . .
The Bible: God is eternal. God is Light.
So, Light is eternal. So, God doesn't have to worry about being in dark.

The Bible: "in the beginning"
God didn't say that the beginning was an absolute beginning of everything.
The Bible: God doesn't change. God is Creator.
So, then God always creates. So, there are new creations which means there are new beginnings.

10-10-2015, 04:46 PM
(10-10-2015 04:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  The Bible: God is eternal. God is Light.
So, Light is eternal. So, God doesn't have to worry about being in dark.

The Bible: "in the beginning"
God didn't say that the beginning was an absolute beginning of everything.
The Bible: God doesn't change. God is Creator.
So, then God always creates. So, there are new creations which means there are new beginnings.

Blink Shocking Gasp

Genesis 1

Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Alla = Facepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Yes. What is your point?

10-10-2015, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 05:09 PM by Octapulse.)
(10-10-2015 03:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  

The Bible doesn't claim that God created everything.

John 1:3

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made

Colossians 1:16

by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

Romans 11:36

from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen