Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: Logic
(10-10-2015 09:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 08:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Sorry. Not playing your POE games anymore.

Good, because I also don't want to play your POE games.

Poe definition.
A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

"Is this guy serious? He's got to be a poe."

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-10-2015, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 04:41 PM by Octapulse.)
(10-10-2015 04:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 04:28 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Citation please. . .

The Bible: God is eternal. God is Light.
So, Light is eternal. So, God doesn't have to worry about being in dark.

Please allow me to show you how stupid this argument is.

The bible: God is eternal. God is love.
So, love is eternal? No. For love requires a recipient other than one's self. For love to be eternal, someone else other than God would also have to be eternal. Love is not eternal, god is love, therefore god is not eternal

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2015, 06:35 PM
(10-10-2015 04:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  The Bible: God is eternal. God is Light.
So, Light is eternal. So, God doesn't have to worry about being in dark.
(11-10-2015 04:29 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Please allow me to show you how stupid this argument is.
The bible: God is eternal. God is love.
So, love is eternal? No.

Yes. Love is eternal.

(11-10-2015 04:29 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  For love requires a recipient other than one's self.

Si, seƱor Smile

(11-10-2015 04:29 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  For love to be eternal, someone else other than God would also have to be eternal. Love is not eternal, god is love, therefore god is not eternal

The Bible doesn't claim that it was a time when God was alone in whole unlimited space, does it?
The Bible claims that God Son has His God and His Father.
There is no such thing as lonely God.
God is Love. Love is eternal principle, serving others(charity/love) is eternal principle, marriage between a man and a woman is eternal principle.
So, what is "God" according to the Bible? Consider

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-10-2015, 07:25 PM
(11-10-2015 06:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  The Bible doesn't claim that it was a time when God was alone in whole unlimited space, does it?
The Bible claims that God Son has His God and His Father.

How is that not still self-love? They're all the same person

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
11-10-2015, 08:01 PM
(11-10-2015 07:25 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  How is that not still self-love? They're all the same person

Shocking Does the Bible claim this?!

11-10-2015, 08:12 PM
(11-10-2015 08:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 07:25 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  How is that not still self-love? They're all the same person

Yes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-10-2015, 08:53 PM
(11-10-2015 08:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  

See, that's why I don't like to include you into discussions about the bible. You are trying to insert your mormon polytheistic perspective into a monotheistic framework. [Understatement] It tends to skew things a bit [/Understatement]

11-10-2015, 09:55 PM
I find the claim that "God gave the details of Genesis to Moses" absolutely fucking hilarious.

Moses very clearly did not exist. So the supposed person that received the dictation did not exist. That's a pretty big problem. But let's put that aside and say that this was written as a collection of oral traditions and the original source was lost, but that it was inspired by god.

Has anyone READ the book of Genesis? Because it is very obviously polytheistic. The god in the garden is completely different in temperament and description from the one who wrestles with Jacob. This god is different in temperament than the one who talks to Abram. This god is still different from the one that sends the flood (or the one that warns Noah). God in Genesis has a serious case of multiple personalities with a dissociation disorder. This reeks of a polytheistic book that was later altered so only one god was mentioned. And it is a sloppy edit.

So a god which is a creation of creative editing gave a heavily edited polytheistic manual to a person who never existed.

o.O
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
11-10-2015, 10:08 PM
(11-10-2015 09:55 PM)natachan Wrote:  I find the claim that "God gave the details of Genesis to Moses" absolutely fucking hilarious.

Moses very clearly did not exist. So the supposed person that received the dictation did not exist. That's a pretty big problem. But let's put that aside and say that this was written as a collection of oral traditions and the original source was lost, but that it was inspired by god.

Has anyone READ the book of Genesis? Because it is very obviously polytheistic. The god in the garden is completely different in temperament and description from the one who wrestles with Jacob. This god is different in temperament than the one who talks to Abram. This god is still different from the one that sends the flood (or the one that warns Noah). God in Genesis has a serious case of multiple personalities with a dissociation disorder. This reeks of a polytheistic book that was later altered so only one god was mentioned. And it is a sloppy edit.

So a god which is a creation of creative editing gave a heavily edited polytheistic manual to a person who never existed.

o.O

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-10-2015, 02:58 PM
(11-10-2015 08:53 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 08:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  Shocking Does the Bible claim this?!

See, that's why I don't like to include you into discussions about the bible. You are trying to insert your mormon polytheistic perspective into a monotheistic framework. [Understatement] It tends to skew things a bit [/Understatement]
Octapulse, could you do me a big favor? Please, show me quotes from the Bible where it says that Heavenly Father, Son and the Holy Ghost are ONE PERSON.
I only asked you a question: Does the Bible claim this? I didn't say anything about LDS Doctrine. It was a question to your argument that they are all ONE PERSON.