Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: Logic
(12-10-2015 04:35 PM)natachan Wrote:  “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh…”

This is referring to Jesus

1)So, according to the Bible there is God of Old Testament.
2)This God was dealing with His covenant people (according to the Bible).
3)According to the Bible this God was manifest in the flesh.
4)According to the Bible it is Jesus Christ.

But then this God Jesus Christ who was God of OT while was manifest in the flesh revealed new and interesting thing. He(this God in flesh) said He has His God and His Father.
So, God had His God. Hmm.. interesting.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 07:08 PM
(12-10-2015 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK. How about organization(many persons)? can it be called "entity"?

Yes.

But that is not what "we are one" means.

(12-10-2015 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  Please, tell me where there is a claim in the Bible that Father, Son and Spirit are one ENTITY?

It was just explained to you, very plainly, that this is what "one" means in that context. It is explicit and simple, and a common way of stating that in archaic English.

You can stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it hasn't been said all you like, but that doesn't change the facts.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
12-10-2015, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 07:40 PM by Alla.)
(12-10-2015 07:08 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK. How about organization(many persons)? can it be called "entity"?

Yes.

But that is not what "we are one" means.

(12-10-2015 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  Please, tell me where there is a claim in the Bible that Father, Son and Spirit are one ENTITY?

It was just explained to you, very plainly, that this is what "one" means in that context. It is explicit and simple, and a common way of stating that in archaic English.

You can stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it hasn't been said all you like, but that doesn't change the facts.

So, God is entity which can mean "organization" or more than one person.
So, then I can say that "God" is not one person.

But can two or more persons of entity(organization) be "ONE"?
Yes, they can be ONE in their goals(they have the same goals).
They can be ONE in purpose. In love, in faith.

So, according to the Bible "God" is NOT one person but organization and every member of this organization "God" are ONE in goals, faith, love, purposes, thoughts, works.

12-10-2015, 10:35 PM
(12-10-2015 07:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, God is entity which can mean "organization" or more than one person.

Not in this context.

No one says "we are one" to mean "we are all members of the same corporation". That would require "we are one corporation", or whatever other appellation you wish to add to the end. "We are one", on its own, indicates that the subjects indicated are the same entity. It has no other meaning without some serious contextual alterations, which are not present here.

(12-10-2015 07:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, then I can say that "God" is not one person.

You can say whatever you like.

That doesn't make it true, but you can say whatever you like all the same.

(12-10-2015 07:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, according to the Bible "God" is NOT one person but organization and every member of this organization "God" are ONE in goals, faith, love, purposes, thoughts, works.

No. That is according to you.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
13-10-2015, 03:57 AM
This is why I stopped replying to her, no matter what you pull out she's going to keep taking the pivotal words and dispute the meaning of them. I'm tired of pigeon chess. Harvey Keitel sums up the way I feel perfectly in this scene:

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2015, 05:37 AM
(12-10-2015 02:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 08:53 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  See, that's why I don't like to include you into discussions about the bible. You are trying to insert your mormon polytheistic perspective into a monotheistic framework. [Understatement] It tends to skew things a bit [/Understatement]
Octapulse, could you do me a big favor? Please, show me quotes from the Bible where it says that Heavenly Father, Son and the Holy Ghost are ONE PERSON.
I only asked you a question: Does the Bible claim this? I didn't say anything about LDS Doctrine. It was a question to your argument that they are all ONE PERSON.

Do you even Google?

https://www.gci.org/God/3Bible

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2015, 08:34 AM
(09-10-2015 12:39 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 08:40 AM)WillemRM Wrote:  God started to create (day)light on earth according to Genesis when the earth already existed.

The funny thing is, xians equate "let there be light" as the creation of light itself separate from the creation of the Sun, Moon and stars. But here's the kicker: the bible goes on to posit that god himself is light. If that is the case, did he cease to exist before the creation of everything? Did he pop into existence uttering "let there be light?" That can't be either because xians claim he has always existed. If the "light" that god is happens to be symbolic and he created physical light at the moment of creation, did he sit around in utter darkness for all of previous eternity?

God was outside the time/space universe He created.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
13-10-2015, 11:55 AM
(13-10-2015 08:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 12:39 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  The funny thing is, xians equate "let there be light" as the creation of light itself separate from the creation of the Sun, Moon and stars. But here's the kicker: the bible goes on to posit that god himself is light. If that is the case, did he cease to exist before the creation of everything? Did he pop into existence uttering "let there be light?" That can't be either because xians claim he has always existed. If the "light" that god is happens to be symbolic and he created physical light at the moment of creation, did he sit around in utter darkness for all of previous eternity?

God was outside the time/space universe He created.

Citation needed.

Even still, if that was the case, then why inject the narrative of "he saw that the light was good". If this is something that already existed outside the space/time of our universe and he is introducing it here, why act like you never fucking seen it before?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
13-10-2015, 12:33 PM
I know I will repeat the same thing. Sorry for that. I will stick to the Bible no LDS Doctrine.

1)There is no clear explanation in the Bible what God really is.
2)There is no claim in the Bible that there was time when God was alone.
3)There is no claim in the Bible that Father and Son are one PERSON.
4)There is a claim in the Bible that Jesus said this to His disciples:

BE ONE as Father and I ARE ONE.

Did Jesus tell His disciples to be one person as Father and Son are one?
or
Did Jesus tell His disciples to be one in faith, love, purpose as Father and I are one?

Conclusion: if the Bible didn't claim that there was time when God was alone and if the Bible doesn't claim that Father and Jesus are one person, and if the Bible doesn't explain what God is, then I may conclude that love is eternal because God is Love and God is eternal.

13-10-2015, 12:36 PM
(13-10-2015 12:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  I know I will repeat the same thing. Sorry for that. I will stick to the Bible no LDS Doctrine.

1)There is no clear explanation in the Bible what God really is.
2)There is no claim in the Bible that there was time when God was alone.
3)There is no claim in the Bible that Father and Son are one PERSON.
4)There is claim in the Bible that Jesus said this to His disciples:

BE ONE as Father and I ARE ONE.

Did Jesus tell His disciples to be one person as Father and Son are one?
or
Did Jesus tell His disciples be one in faith, love, purpose as Father and I are one?

Conclusion: if the Bible didn't claim that there was time when God was alone and if the Bible doesn't claim that Father and Jesus are one person, and if the Bible doesn't explain what God is, then I may conclude that love is eternal because God is Love and God is eternal.

You May... but the problem is it becomes a baseless assumption, literally something without a tinge of evidence to it. I suppose you would say you know it by Faith which is what you think is fine.

There's just very little merit or value to something that can't be demonstrated to someone else via logical patterns.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson