Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 12:38 PM
RE: Logic
John 17: 21 Jesus said
that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us:
Did Jesus tell His disciples to become one person? or something else?

So, what is God? Hmm.....

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2015, 12:39 PM
(13-10-2015 08:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God was outside the time/space universe He created.
who says this?

13-10-2015, 12:44 PM
(13-10-2015 12:36 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You May... but the problem is it becomes a baseless assumption, literally something without a tinge of evidence to it. I suppose you would say you know it by Faith which is what you think is fine.

There's just very little merit or value to something that can't be demonstrated to someone else via logical patterns.

ClydeLee( whom I respect a lot), Octapulse and I do not debate whether the Bible and its claims are true or not.
We only debate some claims of the Bible.
Octauplse said that according to the Bible Love is not eternal because God is Love but He was alone once upon a time. I say that the Bible doesn't claim that God was alone once upon a time. I also debate that the Bible doesn't claim that Father and Son are one person.

13-10-2015, 12:52 PM
(13-10-2015 12:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:36 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You May... but the problem is it becomes a baseless assumption, literally something without a tinge of evidence to it. I suppose you would say you know it by Faith which is what you think is fine.

There's just very little merit or value to something that can't be demonstrated to someone else via logical patterns.

ClydeLee( whom I respect a lot), Octapulse and I do not debate whether the Bible and its claims are true or not.
We only debate some claims of the Bible.
Octauplse said that according to the Bible Love is not eternal because God is Love but He was alone once upon a time. I say that the Bible doesn't claim that God was alone once upon a time. I also debate that the Bible doesn't claim that Father and Son are one person.

The bible doesn't come out and say that god was alone, but you can get there through deductive reasoning. The bible says he created all things and that he is eternal. If other beings are among all things and he has always existed, then there has to be a point prior to his creating other beings where he was alone.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2015, 01:25 PM
(13-10-2015 12:52 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  The bible doesn't come out and say that god was alone, but you can get there through deductive reasoning. The bible says he created all things and that he is eternal. If other beings are among all things and he has always existed, then there has to be a point prior to his creating other beings where he was alone.
And I say to you this: the Bible does NOT claim that eternal God created "all things".
The Bible claims that God created heaven and earth and then all things that are in heaven and on earth.
But the Bible doesn't explain to you what heaven is. Is heaven our galaxy - Milky way? Is heaven a group of galaxies? The Bible claims that there are third heaven. Does fourth heaven exist? or fifth?
Which heaven did Moses talk about?
The Bible doesn't say that heaven and the earth are the only things that exist.
The Bible doesn't claim that God created heaven and earth out of nothing, or does it?

13-10-2015, 01:33 PM
(13-10-2015 01:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:52 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  The bible doesn't come out and say that god was alone, but you can get there through deductive reasoning. The bible says he created all things and that he is eternal. If other beings are among all things and he has always existed, then there has to be a point prior to his creating other beings where he was alone.
And I say to you this: the Bible does NOT claim that eternal God created "all things".
The Bible claims that God created heaven and earth and then all things that are in heaven and on earth.
But the Bible doesn't explain to you what heaven is. Is heaven our galaxy - Milky way? Is heaven a group of galaxies? The Bible claims that there are third heaven. Does fourth heaven exist? or fifth?
The Bible doesn't claim that God created heaven and earth out of nothing, or does it?

Again you continue to stick your fingers in your ears and drown out the evidence presented. If you are going to dismiss other peoples responses to your questions without backing up your position then I'm going to do the same

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
13-10-2015, 01:49 PM
(13-10-2015 01:33 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 01:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  And I say to you this: the Bible does NOT claim that eternal God created "all things".

Again you continue to stick your fingers in your ears and drown out the evidence presented. If you are going to dismiss other peoples responses to your questions without backing up your position then I'm going to do the same

I didn't say anything about my position. I only told you about things that the Bible doesn't claim.
You can't back your position that it was a time when God was alone according to the Bible.
You can't back up your position that God is one person according to the Bible.
You can't back up your position that God created all things according to the Bible.

Did God say (according to the Bible) that He created heaven and earth and all things in them out of nothing?

13-10-2015, 02:00 PM
(13-10-2015 01:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 01:33 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Again you continue to stick your fingers in your ears and drown out the evidence presented. If you are going to dismiss other peoples responses to your questions without backing up your position then I'm going to do the same

I didn't say anything about my position. I only told you about things that the Bible doesn't claim.
You can't back your position that it was a time when God was alone according to the Bible.
You can't back up your position that God is one person according to the Bible.
You can't back up your position that God created all things according to the Bible.

Did God say (according to the Bible) that He created heaven and earth and all things in them out of nothing?

Uh, yes I did. And you ignored them. I'm done arguing with you for sake of my sanity. I often wondered what kind of person it took to accept the ridiculous claims of Mormonism and I think you have helped to answer that for me. Holee shit!Facepalm

15-10-2015, 12:01 PM
(13-10-2015 11:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God was outside the time/space universe He created.

Citation needed.

Even still, if that was the case, then why inject the narrative of "he saw that the light was good". If this is something that already existed outside the space/time of our universe and he is introducing it here, why act like you never fucking seen it before?

Citation: "In the beginning God [who was there to do so beforehand] created the heavens and the Earth."

Point of calling something good in the scriptures: To help delineate clean from unclean, holy from unholy, right from wrong, one of the main concepts of the Bible as a whole.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
15-10-2015, 12:05 PM
(15-10-2015 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 11:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Citation needed.

Even still, if that was the case, then why inject the narrative of "he saw that the light was good". If this is something that already existed outside the space/time of our universe and he is introducing it here, why act like you never fucking seen it before?

Citation: "In the beginning God [who was there to do so beforehand] created the heavens and the Earth."

Point of calling something good in the scriptures: To help delineate clean from unclean, holy from unholy, right from wrong, one of the main concepts of the Bible as a whole.

How do you know that means God was there beforehand.

Explain the exact details how it's not possible that in the beginning creating Heavens and Earth also accounts for God Creating itself at the same moment.

It's wording is not that God existing in this beginning prior to creating heaven/earth. it doesn't directly state god did or did not have existence outside of creating heaven/earth.

Unless you have some great proof via legitimate word from God or direct evidence at least that the Torah has it written in a different context. There is no factor in that sentence that states God existed outside/before creating Heaven & Earth.

It is not founded in the evidence of that statement alone to conclude either or position.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson