Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: Logic
(15-10-2015 12:05 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Citation: "In the beginning God [who was there to do so beforehand] created the heavens and the Earth."

Point of calling something good in the scriptures: To help delineate clean from unclean, holy from unholy, right from wrong, one of the main concepts of the Bible as a whole.

How do you know that means God was there beforehand.

Explain the exact details how it's not possible that in the beginning creating Heavens and Earth also accounts for God Creating itself at the same moment.

It's wording is not that God existing in this beginning prior to creating heaven/earth. it doesn't directly state god did or did not have existence outside of creating heaven/earth.

Unless you have some great proof via legitimate word from God or direct evidence at least that the Torah has it written in a different context. There is no factor in that sentence that states God existed outside/before creating Heaven & Earth.

It is not founded in the evidence of that statement alone to conclude either or position.

It is easy to make these modifications as necessary when you suffer from extreme belief perseverance.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
15-10-2015, 02:30 PM
(15-10-2015 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 11:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Citation needed.

Even still, if that was the case, then why inject the narrative of "he saw that the light was good". If this is something that already existed outside the space/time of our universe and he is introducing it here, why act like you never fucking seen it before?

Citation: "In the beginning God [who was there to do so beforehand] created the heavens and the Earth."

Point of calling something good in the scriptures: To help delineate clean from unclean, holy from unholy, right from wrong, one of the main concepts of the Bible as a whole.

Does not say outside space and time there sport

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
15-10-2015, 04:10 PM
(13-10-2015 08:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 12:39 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  The funny thing is, xians equate "let there be light" as the creation of light itself separate from the creation of the Sun, Moon and stars. But here's the kicker: the bible goes on to posit that god himself is light. If that is the case, did he cease to exist before the creation of everything? Did he pop into existence uttering "let there be light?" That can't be either because xians claim he has always existed. If the "light" that god is happens to be symbolic and he created physical light at the moment of creation, did he sit around in utter darkness for all of previous eternity?

God was outside the time/space universe He created.

Where was God when He did this?

In a meta-universe?

Who or what created that meta-universe?

Meta-God?

Where was Meta-God when He did this?

In a meta-meta-universe?
Only a special pleading can stop this infinite regress.

Pro tip: Special pleading is a logical fallacy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-10-2015, 04:14 PM
(15-10-2015 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God was outside the time/space universe He created.

In a meta-universe?

Meta-God?

Proto-God.

(15-10-2015 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where was Meta-God when He did this?

He was a Jungian archetype.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-10-2015, 05:37 PM
(15-10-2015 04:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where was God when He did this?

In a meta-universe?

Meta-God?

Proto-God.

(15-10-2015 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where was Meta-God when He did this?

He was a Jungian archetype.
Laugh out load

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
15-10-2015, 07:18 PM
(09-10-2015 11:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  You made the claim, you bring the evidence.

Are you so fucking stupid that you haven't learned that yet? Consider

Chas, are you saying I need to bring the evidence as to why "I don't care as to who is believed to have written a document" is an off statement made by a TTA colleague of yours?

You are blind to anything I write, clearly.

Write something worthwhile and we will read it. As long as you keep posting nonsense it will be treated as such.

Hitchens even said he could doubt Socrates' existence. Seeing as we Have some famous names mentioning Socrates, I think we can come closer than to the existence of your fabled savior.

Plato.
Xenophon.
Aristophanes.
All mention Socrates.

Nobody we know can identify Jesus. And you don't care??

Pathetic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
16-10-2015, 08:09 AM
(13-10-2015 08:34 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God was outside the time/space universe He created.

In a meta-universe?

Meta-God?

In a meta-meta-universe?

It's turtles all the way down!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
16-10-2015, 12:53 PM
(15-10-2015 12:05 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Citation: "In the beginning God [who was there to do so beforehand] created the heavens and the Earth."

How do you know that means God was there beforehand.

Explain the exact details how it's not possible that in the beginning creating Heavens and Earth also accounts for God Creating itself at the same moment.

It's wording is not that God existing in this beginning prior to creating heaven/earth. it doesn't directly state god did or did not have existence outside of creating heaven/earth.

Unless you have some great proof via legitimate word from God or direct evidence at least that the Torah has it written in a different context. There is no factor in that sentence that states God existed outside/before creating Heaven & Earth.

It is not founded in the evidence of that statement alone to conclude either or position.

Is that a serious question? How do I know from a sentence where one being creates a thing that the being that created the thing pre-existed the thing? Is that really and honestly a question?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
16-10-2015, 12:55 PM

In a meta-universe?

Meta-God?

In a meta-meta-universe?

It's not infinite regress, because your first assumption is that all universes in the possible multiverse have space and time. There is no time without light and there was light added to darkness.

And as has been patiently pointed out to you by The Q, the infinite regress problem is endemic to your idea, Chas, that there were an infinite number of eternal and expanding universes before this present one--and where did they come from? They came from a whom as in He.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
16-10-2015, 01:06 PM
(16-10-2015 12:53 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 12:05 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How do you know that means God was there beforehand.

Is that a serious question? How do I know from a sentence where one being creates a thing that the being that created the thing pre-existed the thing? Is that really and honestly a question?

The idea of Gods isn't profoundly described. Where is definitive proof a God cannot of created itself and everything else all at once? You act like, what how could exist like that in the real world?... you're talking about a God, where there is no applications of so called limitations.

I feel sorry for you, that you're really incapable of beyond simple thought if this is so outlandish to you. If you understood the direct situation of the phrasing, and make no presumptions. You actually can learn and see the flaws in others reasoning.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson