Logic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Logic
(07-12-2015 12:37 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It's funny that you say this because in your previous post you stated something that is anti-intellectual and anti logical

It's funny that you challenge evolution.

And yet you do not challenge the idea of a person dying and then three days later coming back to life. You do not challenge the idea that it is a non sequitur to consider that the death of one person can be payment for the sins of others.
You do not challenge the lack of utility or commodity of "blood sacrifice".

Just assertions that you accept without any critical thought what-so-ever.

The theory of evolution requires very small stepwise fitness improvements. You might refer to these as "micro-evolution".

If you think that "macro-evolution" equates to large changes then realise that large changes never happen, "macro-evolution" never happens.

Each offspring is of the same species as their parents.

Species do not have clear demarcation boundaries along their ancestral lineage. There is no DNA blueprint for a human, no reference DNA. We all represent different DNA we just happen to be reproductively compatible despite our DNA difference with other humans living in our time.

If your doubt is based on the idea of multiple organ systems "coming on line" then you don't understand evolution. Perhaps you could benefit from taking some time to understand what the theory of evolution is before you make such a mistaken claim. Or perhaps if you make a mistaken claim then you could benefit from listing to other people when they point out that your understanding of evolution is faulty. I know enough to be able to correct you on this matter, do you want to hear from me why multiple organ systems coming online is inconsistent with the theory of evolution?

Many others on this site can also explain this to you also. This is entry level evolution, you don't need a biology degree to understand it.

It's not "funny" to challenge evolution or this subset of evolutionary advancement. It's serious business with much in the balance. "Gradual changes over time" in no way explain how species change environments and find food and mates and etc. Jump in a lake and see how "gradual changes over time" help you breathe underwater. Ridiculous!

Jesus fucking christ. I'm no scientist but even I know that's not how evolution works Even I know that it takes millions of years for change to happen. You're willfully ignorant.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-12-2015, 12:52 PM
(07-12-2015 07:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If you want to have a conversation about evolution then I am up for it...
Why has Q gone all quiet?

Does he not want to learn what evolution actually is? Would he rather hold onto his strawman?
09-12-2015, 12:57 PM
The Q is a clown and pranskster.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
09-12-2015, 01:09 PM
(09-12-2015 12:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 07:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If you want to have a conversation about evolution then I am up for it...
Why has Q gone all quiet?

Does he not want to learn what evolution actually is? Would he rather hold onto his strawman?

Is that a rhetorical question or are you just happy to see me?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-12-2015, 01:58 PM
(09-12-2015 01:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 12:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Why has Q gone all quiet?

Is that a rhetorical question or are you just happy to see me?
Well, ideally, Q would come back fully engaged and excited to learn what Evolution actually is.

If he learns what it is then he could have a good go at refuting it.

However, I expect he doesn't have any interest to know what it is. At best he's probably only read pseudo science books refuting evolution. At worst he's probably just reciting meme's that he has picked up on in church or on the internet. Ultimately he just mimics rather than understanding and thinking.
09-12-2015, 02:30 PM
(09-12-2015 01:58 PM)Stevil Wrote:  However, I expect he doesn't have any interest to know what it is. At best he's probably only read pseudo science books refuting evolution. At worst he's probably just reciting meme's that he has picked up on in church or on the internet. Ultimately he just mimics rather than understanding and thinking.

He shows a remarkable... sliperriness. I'd be loathe to call him dumb. Cynically manipulative and a dick yes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-12-2015, 02:46 PM
(09-12-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:58 PM)Stevil Wrote:  However, I expect he doesn't have any interest to know what it is. At best he's probably only read pseudo science books refuting evolution. At worst he's probably just reciting meme's that he has picked up on in church or on the internet. Ultimately he just mimics rather than understanding and thinking.

He shows a remarkable... sliperriness. I'd be loathe to call him dumb. Cynically manipulative and a dick yes.
I haven't accused him of being dumb, willfully ignorant perhaps?
09-12-2015, 04:43 PM
(09-12-2015 02:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  He shows a remarkable... sliperriness. I'd be loathe to call him dumb. Cynically manipulative and a dick yes.
I haven't accused him of being dumb, willfully ignorant perhaps?

Willfully ignorant most certainly. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2015, 06:26 PM
(09-12-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Consider how oblivious he is to even be on this forum. Many here have seen right through his sophistry and have rightly turned against him because of his condescension and his dishonesty. He can't even see how he has lost all credibility and has poisoned the well here. He actually thinks what he says is doing some sort of good in his bizarro world. If only he can show us The Way by one more hermeneutic vomit post. We'll see the light!

The tree of delusion is nourished by the vague promises and skewed perception of prayer. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
10-12-2015, 09:25 AM
(09-12-2015 06:26 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  He shows a remarkable... sliperriness. I'd be loathe to call him dumb. Cynically manipulative and a dick yes.

Consider how oblivious he is to even be on this forum. Many here have seen right through his sophistry and have rightly turned against him because of his condescension and his dishonesty. He can't even see how he has lost all credibility and has poisoned the well here. He actually thinks what he says is doing some sort of good in his bizarro world. If only he can show us The Way by one more hermeneutic vomit post. We'll see the light!

I just stopped responding to him. He has shown no inclination to engage in constructive dialogue with anyone here. He just ignores whatever you say and repeats his dogma. It's like talking to the wall. So I don't bother anymore. He's a troll.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post