Logical Fallacy police action, anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Logical Fallacy police action, anyone?
Anyone feel like flooding a Christian board with atheists?

There would need to be rules so we don't get too out of hand and start eating babies and stuff.

Liiiike MAYBE:

1. Doing nothing except pointing out logical fallacies where they appear in an argument. Not asserting an atheist point of view, at least for about a week, just pointing out logical fallacies. At random. In random threads. Everywhere.

2. No starting threads. Just show up in threads that are already there.

3. Be nice, sociable, etc.

4. No swearing, overt sexual language (wow, that one's going to be hard for me), stuff like that.

5. At least at first, no actual criticism of the Bible itself.... just a logical fallacy police action, as it were. Tongue

I think it would be both funny and informative.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
28-03-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: Logical Fallacy police action, anyone?
I'd love to do this, but I may get carried away with my arguments. Any particular forums you have in mind?

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2014, 03:37 PM
A lot of us have already been banned from the Christian sites.

(I'm banned from like 3 or 4.)

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
28-03-2014, 03:39 PM
(28-03-2014 03:34 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  I'd love to do this, but I may get carried away with my arguments. Any particular forums you have in mind?

We'd need to keep a careful check on ourselves and possibly have a running commentary thread over here. I don't have one in mind. I was hoping for some suggestions. We'd likely have to get everyone signing up for the target forum 3-5 days ahead of time to give everyone a chance. Otherwise, mods might just pick us off one by one more easily if we filter in too gradually. So we need to pick a forum and pick a day to start, and get all participants (or most at least) registered to that forum ahead of time.

The forum (OR popular blog/news site) would ideally need:
1. Relatively high traffic/posting activity
2. Plenty of hot-button issues within religion
3. Plenty of religious people repeating soundbytes and patting each other on the back
4. Lots of PRATT and other stuff to "just point out" Laughat
28-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Awwww, KC! The remnant has no room for the remnant, I see?
28-03-2014, 03:43 PM
(28-03-2014 03:40 PM)Charis Wrote:  Awwww, KC! The remnant has no room for the remnant, I see?

lol yeah.

For a good laugh, you need to go read my Suscipe Domine thread.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-03-2014, 04:21 PM
The only site I'm not currently banned from its gracecentered.com, but I'm already running a KC-like Ask an Atheist thread (started a while back) so they know I'm an atheist. Plus, they heavily restrict speech. You can't go against the Bible or you'll get banned.

Only reason I'm not banned is cause I play with the mods in a respectful fashion. Though I know people want me banned.

Atir aissom atir imon
28-03-2014, 04:57 PM
(28-03-2014 03:26 PM)Charis Wrote:  Anyone feel like flooding a Christian board with atheists?

There would need to be rules so we don't get too out of hand and start eating babies and stuff.

Liiiike MAYBE:

1. Doing nothing except pointing out logical fallacies where they appear in an argument. Not asserting an atheist point of view, at least for about a week, just pointing out logical fallacies. At random. In random threads. Everywhere.

2. No starting threads. Just show up in threads that are already there.

3. Be nice, sociable, etc.

4. No swearing, overt sexual language (wow, that one's going to be hard for me), stuff like that.

5. At least at first, no actual criticism of the Bible itself.... just a logical fallacy police action, as it were. Tongue

I think it would be both funny and informative.

I've been banned from several Christian forums for doing EXACTLY what you suggest.

No cussing. Check
No starting threads. Check
Be nice and sociable. Check. (I am a naturally nice person. I have to work hard to be a dick)
Pointed out fallacies. Check.

Banned within 20 posts. Check
[+] 3 users Like Simon Moon's post
28-03-2014, 05:11 PM
that's awful. :/

It's part of why we'd need to register ahead of time and then go all in on one day and do that.
28-03-2014, 05:18 PM
(28-03-2014 05:11 PM)Charis Wrote:  that's awful. :/

It's part of why we'd need to register ahead of time and then go all in on one day and do that.

I was about to say "how would we feel if, all of a sudden, TTA was inundated with theist trolls", but then I was like "wait... Blink "
Tongue

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post