Logical Fallacy police action, anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Logical Fallacy police action, anyone?
(29-03-2014 04:54 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Why are you people going onto theist forums and PROSELYTISING? There's a hint of hipocracy emerging. Also what would be the point?

erm...
I'm pretty sure that pointing out logical fallacies to try stopping the use of them is not proselityzing

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
03-04-2014, 02:41 AM
(28-03-2014 03:26 PM)Charis Wrote:  Anyone feel like flooding a Christian board with atheists?

There would need to be rules so we don't get too out of hand and start eating babies and stuff.

Liiiike MAYBE:

1. Doing nothing except pointing out logical fallacies where they appear in an argument. Not asserting an atheist point of view, at least for about a week, just pointing out logical fallacies. At random. In random threads. Everywhere.

2. No starting threads. Just show up in threads that are already there.

3. Be nice, sociable, etc.

4. No swearing, overt sexual language (wow, that one's going to be hard for me), stuff like that.

5. At least at first, no actual criticism of the Bible itself.... just a logical fallacy police action, as it were. Tongue

I think it would be both funny and informative.

...Or we could all visit Jeremy E. Walker at christianforums.org and see why he seemed to just suddenly drop out of he discussions here....

http://www.christianforums.com/t7809399-15/

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
03-04-2014, 04:08 AM
Hi,

At work atm.

Would like to suggest a site but don't have it book marked on phone. Have mentioned them here before. You know a site is fun when the christian posters can't even all agree on the age of the earth. Tongue

'Evidence for god through science' Or some such is the site.

Much cheers to all.
03-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Ok, it's not for me, but if it's a go for any of you, I'll cheer all of you on, kiss the ground you walk on, throw confetti and reps for all. Bowing

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
03-04-2014, 06:45 AM
(03-04-2014 02:41 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ...Or we could all visit Jeremy E. Walker at christianforums.org and see why he seemed to just suddenly drop out of he discussions here....

http://www.christianforums.com/t7809399-15/

Wow, it looks like he's being just as stupid there as he was here. What I gleaned in a few pages:
  • Jeremy makes a broad assertion about atheists.
  • Others ask him to back it up.
  • He keeps trying to get others to admit to his assertion.
  • People keep pointing out that he has no substance and is making a baseless claim.
  • He accuses one poster of being shifty to get out from under the burden of proof (Of Jeremy's claim!).
  • Said poster points out that he does the same thing regarding God.
  • Jeremy says he's not here to prove God.
  • Several other posters refuse to answer his loaded question.
  • One poster finally does answer his loaded question.
  • Jeremy springs into action with an "ah ha!" post and immediately takes this one person's response as the beliefs of "most atheists".

What a intellectually dishonest asshole. I'm glad he stopped posting here.

(Heh. I was going to use his initials to save typing, and realized that "JEW" might have been confusing.)
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post