Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
(16-01-2013 12:17 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  This seems conclusive to me. Laughat

We've called Poe on the other thread you are on.

Now, please stop, my flatmates are asking why I am weeping with laughter.

My sides are aching.

We do appreciate the entertainment, though.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-01-2013, 01:25 PM
AtheismExposed, question about the validity of the flood story and the literal interpretation:

The main reason for the flood was because of sin. One of the major perpetrators of sin were the Nephilim. In Genesis 6 it talks about them and how God found favor with Noah.

Genesis 6:4
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.

Genesis 7:4
4 For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made.”

So, how is it that ~1500 years later, the Nephilim aren't only alive but thriving?

Numbers 13:32-33
32 So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. 33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

[Image: vjp09.gif]
16-01-2013, 01:30 PM
(16-01-2013 12:17 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 11:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Big Grin Good one!
What, no rebuttal? Both scripturally and scientifically it is certain. The Bible says it plain, that there was an upwelling of water from the deep AND that the heavens opened to allow the inflow of a torrent of water.

Now we know that there is water in the earth's crust in aquifers and other underground sources AND we can see objects made of water in the spaces above the earth.

This seems conclusive to me.

There is not nearly enough water present to flood the world the the required depth.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2013, 02:23 PM
(16-01-2013 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 12:17 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  What, no rebuttal? Both scripturally and scientifically it is certain. The Bible says it plain, that there was an upwelling of water from the deep AND that the heavens opened to allow the inflow of a torrent of water.

Now we know that there is water in the earth's crust in aquifers and other underground sources AND we can see objects made of water in the spaces above the earth.

There is not nearly enough water present to flood the world the the required depth.
It's conclusive evidence you old heathen Angry Conclusive I tell you.
16-01-2013, 02:30 PM
(16-01-2013 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 12:17 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  What, no rebuttal? Both scripturally and scientifically it is certain. The Bible says it plain, that there was an upwelling of water from the deep AND that the heavens opened to allow the inflow of a torrent of water.

Sure there is, as long as you aren't looking for it on or in the Earth. Apparently water in space is part of it? I guess that means the sun is mostly water since it is almost entirely hydrogen and has oxygen too. It has proportionally as much oxygen as the rest of our solar system does. So it is just a ball of burning water according to reta...I mean AE?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
16-01-2013, 02:32 PM
(16-01-2013 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  AtheismExposed, question about the validity of the flood story and the literal interpretation:

The main reason for the flood was because of sin. One of the major perpetrators of sin were the Nephilim. In Genesis 6 it talks about them and how God found favor with Noah.

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.

4 For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made.”

So, how is it that ~1500 years later, the Nephilim aren't only alive but thriving?

32 So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. 33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Geez, kc, which part of logical and verifiable don't you get? Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2013, 02:54 PM
(16-01-2013 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  AtheismExposed, question about the validity of the flood story and the literal interpretation:

The Nephilim were not mortal men, it is highly unlikely that they were bound to the fate of man in the Flood.

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w
16-01-2013, 03:15 PM
(16-01-2013 02:54 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  

The Nephilim were not mortal men, it is highly unlikely that they were bound to the fate of man in the Flood.
Citation needed.

There is no mention of them being immortal.

In fact, it implies quite the opposite. They are born from mortal women and they are called "flesh" which is mortal.

In 6:7 God says He will blot out everything on the Earth; this includes them. The Nephilim took dominion on the Earth; not the spiritual realm.

Moreover, if they were immortal, we would still have them... numerous amounts of them.

The Book of Enoch (which used to be considered scripture), greatly details the Nephilim. I suggest taking a look at it.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
16-01-2013, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 03:24 PM by Vera.)
(16-01-2013 03:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The Book of Enoch (which used to be considered scripture), greatly details the Nephilim. I suggest taking a look at it.
One of my books (which is being made into a movie) talks a lot about the Book of Enoch and has Nephilim. And then there are the Iron Sisters, and the Silent Brothers, and Shadowhunters, and... Sorry, we were talking about fantasy, right? Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
16-01-2013, 11:53 PM

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post