Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
http://www.conservapedia.com/Talk:Main_Page (scroll down to "Leonard Nimoy")
Conservapedia puts a picture of Spock on its front page the other day with a caption to the tone of "Even Leonard Nimoy knows that atheism is illogical and all of the evidence points to a global flood" (not word for word but you get the idea) - The link for the "Logical evidence" was quickly removed. It went to an article on Creation.com which heavily referenced the old 1970's "In search of..." show about the flood. for those who are too young to know, "In search of.." was voiced by Leonard Nimoy and the show presented all sorts of outlandish stories such as the now known to be a hoax footage of bigfoot in a positive light as if it may very well be real.
Quote:--April 2012 (EDT)It will probably convince some wavering athiests.--<a title="User:DDavidEdwards
11:51, 10 April 2012

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post
13-04-2012, 07:22 AM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
Logical? Verifiable? Conservopedia?

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-04-2012, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2012 05:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Hey there Rev ...
The question is, which flood are you talking about ?
The TWO in Genesis, (TOTALLY different BTW), http://faculty.gvsu.edu/websterm/cflood.htm
or the one they stole it from : http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/meso...gilgamesh/ , (tablet 11).
Take yer pick. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2012, 09:17 AM
re Noah's Ark -- sea level + atmosphere + salt

I am watching the Discovering Religion Series. It is Superb! I agree 99.9 percent.
However, I spotted 1 fallacy in episode 4, 41:00 through the youtube video. I have heard this argument before:
If sea level rose to the top of Chomolungma aka Mt Everest, the thin air's temperature would have frozen everyone on the ark.
BUT a rising sea would have raised the atmosphere above it, so the ark would still have been at the bottom of the atmosphere -- at sea level pressure -- minus the tiny percentage of air that got dissolved in the extra water (which came and went from who knows where). Thus it would be better to ask about the source and removal of the extra water, which would have about tripled the volume of the oceans, and about what happens when the ocean's salt gets that diluted that much and what would happen to fresh water life.

It is important to not give creationists any details which they can easily refute. If it is not possible/practical to delete this detail from the video, I hope no one re-uses it in future. I am afraid this comment will not get to the video creators, so please pass it on, if you know how, in case i fail to.
15-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Some Christian somewhere (can't recall which branch of Christianity it was) had said that the excess water from the Flood was evaporated and became the clouds in the sky, which then rain and so on and so forth. I'm sketchy on if the Bible actually says this, as it's been quite a few years since I've been able to sit down and stomach more than a few pages of the thing in years now, but his reasoning in this is that there originally was no rain, snow, so on, and that these things, along with the seasons themselves, supposedly, came AFTER the Flood as a result of the impact it had on the planet. Of course, that makes one wonder why it rained at all in the first place, if it had never rained previously, but Christians aren't known to make much sense. We'll just chalk that up to "God did it" like usual.

How did the plants get water before this? He told me that a mist of sorts would rise from the ground during the night to water the plants, and would disappear in the morning. Well, alrightie then, that just makes all the sense in the world, right?
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
15-07-2012, 12:17 PM
(15-07-2012 11:07 AM)SlipStitch Wrote:  How did the plants get water before this? He told me that a mist of sorts would rise from the ground during the night to water the plants, and would disappear in the morning. Well, alrightie then, that just makes all the sense in the world, right?
Just like plants were supposedly created on the third day and after that, on the fourth day, God created the sun. How did the plants do photosynthesis before that?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
15-07-2012, 12:40 PM
(15-07-2012 12:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-07-2012 11:07 AM)SlipStitch Wrote:  How did the plants get water before this? He told me that a mist of sorts would rise from the ground during the night to water the plants, and would disappear in the morning. Well, alrightie then, that just makes all the sense in the world, right?
Just like plants were supposedly created on the third day and after that, on the fourth day, God created the sun. How did the plants do photosynthesis before that?
The light of God's countenance shone round about them. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-07-2012, 02:07 AM
(15-07-2012 11:07 AM)SlipStitch Wrote:  Some Christian somewhere (can't recall which branch of Christianity it was) had said that the excess water from the Flood was evaporated and became the clouds in the sky, which then rain and so on and so forth. I'm sketchy on if the Bible actually says this, as it's been quite a few years since I've been able to sit down and stomach more than a few pages of the thing in years now, but his reasoning in this is that there originally was no rain, snow, so on, and that these things, along with the seasons themselves, supposedly, came AFTER the Flood as a result of the impact it had on the planet. Of course, that makes one wonder why it rained at all in the first place, if it had never rained previously, but Christians aren't known to make much sense. We'll just chalk that up to "God did it" like usual.

How did the plants get water before this? He told me that a mist of sorts would rise from the ground during the night to water the plants, and would disappear in the morning. Well, alrightie then, that just makes all the sense in the world, right?
This made me laugh pretty hard. Until I realized that person really believes that..

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
20-07-2012, 03:10 AM
What’s wrong with the flood story?
Several trillion tons of water pop out of nothing and fall as rain, then god drops down with the biggest aqua vac that ever was and sucks the water back into another dimension, I dunno why, maybe he wanted a bath?
Meanwhile, some bloke gets a boat and fills it with two of every animal and must load them up with just the best ever chill pills and appetite suppressers so that they don’t kill and eat each other.
Then when it’s all over he lets them all go and they fuck like bunnies (well the bunnies do anyway) and repopulate the world.
Oh yea the vegetation was fine cause god and wotnot…

Problem?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Karl's post
20-07-2012, 07:10 PM
All the evidence, huh?

Really, because the scholarly evidence points to the fact that the flood narrative, look most of the Torah, was plagiarized from much earlier Sumerian myths.

In the Epic of Gilgamesh, they copied the story right down to the two birds used: the raven and the dove (points 5 and 6).

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon