Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 07:11 PM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
(20-07-2012 07:10 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  All the evidence, huh?

Really, because the scholarly evidence points to the fact that the flood narrative, look most of the Torah, was plagiarized from much earlier Sumerian myths.

In the Epic of Gilgamesh, they copied the story right down to the two birds used: the raven and the dove (points 5 and 6).
and they thought they were ORIGINAL!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2012, 07:39 PM
According to a 2010 article in Current Anthropology, researcher Jeffrey Rose postulated that the flooding of the Persian Gulf through the Straits of Hormuz could be the historical basis of the flood narrative that originated in Sumerian culture. Water levels continued to rise, and settlers continually moved their villages to higher and higher ground over the generations leading to the birth of this myth of a global catastrophic flood.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2012, 09:59 PM
(20-07-2012 03:10 AM)Karl Wrote:  What’s wrong with the flood story?
Several trillion tons of water pop out of nothing and fall as rain, then god drops down with the biggest aqua vac that ever was and sucks the water back into another dimension, I dunno why, maybe he wanted a bath?
Meanwhile, some bloke gets a boat and fills it with two of every animal and must load them up with just the best ever chill pills and appetite suppressers so that they don’t kill and eat each other.
Then when it’s all over he lets them all go and they fuck like bunnies (well the bunnies do anyway) and repopulate the world.
Oh yea the vegetation was fine cause god and wotnot…

Problem?
I don't see one. He's God, who are we to know? Angel
11-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Uh oh.....get ready to hear more about it.....

http://on.aol.com/video/noahs-ark-flood-...L3_New_Img

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think, more or less, the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you're just a Catholic."
11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
(11-12-2012 02:51 PM)Questioning Wrote:  Uh oh.....get ready to hear more about it.....

The title is the fucking problem. A lot of archaeologists believe that a large flood happened in that area -- it's a great explanation for why, right off of the fertile crescent, we have a desert. To call it Noah's Flood is just sensationalism.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
12-12-2012, 10:07 AM
(11-12-2012 08:32 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 02:51 PM)Questioning Wrote:  Uh oh.....get ready to hear more about it.....

The title is the fucking problem. A lot of archaeologists believe that a large flood happened in that area -- it's a great explanation for why, right off of the fertile crescent, we have a desert. To call it Noah's Flood is just sensationalism.
What's equally problematic is the fact that, because of its presence on a site like aol, many of my religious friends will possibly see it and feel emboldened/validated. The only reason that I'm not completely pissed about this is the fact that Pat effing Robertson now accepts an old Earth. I was going to send that video out to my family/religious friends, but I just kept the little nugget to myself in the hopes that some of them would find it, themselves. Smile

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think, more or less, the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you're just a Catholic."
[+] 1 user Likes Questioning's post
18-12-2012, 07:02 PM
im going to get a little rude here so i apoligize in advance. if you believe in god then fine. i see nothing wrong with that. maybe there is a god. i dont know and frankly i dont really care but if you believe in a world wide flood you are an idiot. i mean how do you tell the differance between reality and fantisy? do you also believe in jack and the beanstock and superman?
18-12-2012, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2012 10:04 PM by Bucky Ball.)
There is no archaeological evidence for a worldwide flood.
Ever.
If there had been one the continually inhabited cities, (Cairo, Alexandria, Rome, Athens, Ur, cities in Africa, Arabia ancient Troy, Istanbul or Constantinople, etc etc, would have evidence of a major silt layer), all contemporaneous, and datable.
It did not happen, and the evidence is not there.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Global_flood

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
18-12-2012, 10:02 PM
(18-12-2012 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no archaeological evidence for a worldwide flood.
Ever.
If there had been one the continually inhabited cities, (Cairo, Alexandria, Rome, Athens, Ur, cities in Africa, Arabia ancient Troy, Istanbul or Constantinople, etc etc), would have evidence of a major silt layer), all contemporaneous, and datable.

Did you notice, in your citation, the link under "real 'great floods'"? I hope your response isn't to the recent conversation I had with Questioning, because -- while I totally agree that there was no worldwide flood -- there is evidence of large floods upon which one could build a myth.

But more importantly, there actually is evidence of the world getting covered in water. We call it "The Ice Age", although we should call them "ice ages" because it happens on a regular basis. There's good reason to suspect that all of these occasions involved ice rather than water, but the effects of ice moving over land is (for obvious reasons) very similar to water moving over land.

I'm not arguing that there was a global flood. What I'm arguing is that you need to proceed cautiously. Your assertions made with absolute certainty with sentences like "Ever." aren't very objective and beg for correction. I thought you'd rather hear it from an atheist before a theist gets a chance to make the point.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
18-12-2012, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2012 02:23 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-12-2012 10:02 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no archaeological evidence for a worldwide flood.
Ever.
If there had been one the continually inhabited cities, (Cairo, Alexandria, Rome, Athens, Ur, cities in Africa, Arabia ancient Troy, Istanbul or Constantinople, etc etc), would have evidence of a major silt layer), all contemporaneous, and datable.

Did you notice, in your citation, the link under "real 'great floods'"? I hope your response isn't to the recent conversation I had with Questioning, because -- while I totally agree that there was no worldwide flood -- there is evidence of large floods upon which one could build a myth.

But more importantly, there actually is evidence of the world getting covered in water. We call it "The Ice Age", although we should call them "ice ages" because it happens on a regular basis. There's good reason to suspect that all of these occasions involved ice rather than water, but the effects of ice moving over land is (for obvious reasons) very similar to water moving over land.

I'm not arguing that there was a global flood. What I'm arguing is that you need to proceed cautiously. Your assertions made with absolute certainty with sentences like "Ever." aren't very objective and beg for correction. I thought you'd rather hear it from an atheist before a theist gets a chance to make the point.

(No, it wasn't I don't think I read it).
The cities in the ancient Near East, (Jericho) for one, have in the last 11,000 years, been inhabited continuously, and there is no silt layer. The water level which would have been necessary to deposit a ship on the top of Mt. Ararat, being a worldwide flood, is ludicrous. Therefore any "Biblical" dating of a world-wide flood, which would have involved the Canaanites, is impossible. They also were not a shipbuilding culture, or a sea-faring people. They were totally land based. Knowledge of ship-building did not exist among the Canaanites. They got the ship construction from somewhere else, (obviously from Gilgamesh, as the boat dimensions are very similar). There may be Ice Age dating for the some of the Northern floods, but they certainly did not involve the entire Earth, and there is no contemporaneous world-wide silt layer, EVER, anywhere, at all. No one has ever suggested there is one, AND there are world-wide OLDER layers of other things, (Iridium from the Chicxulub crater impact, 65 million years ago, which was BEFORE Homo Sapiens : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater ) from older, so we know it's simply not there.

Humans came out of Africa, and there is DNA evidence of a continuous Homo Sapiens race from Africa, therefore the business of a Canaanite "genetic bottleneck" is also ludicrous. (I know you don't buy any of this crap, but for passing on-lookers .. )

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Evidence Against (?) Evolution RedJamaX 8 441 12-07-2014 07:12 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna Metazoa Zeke 68 1,555 11-07-2014 07:17 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Noah's Ark Calculation TheSkeptic 13 307 11-06-2014 05:47 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist. Metazoa Zeke 14 305 07-03-2014 09:16 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  The thread where Drich provides evidence rampant.a.i. 30 759 05-03-2014 05:48 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Noah's Flood vs Population bottlenecks and the foundereffect Metazoa Zeke 7 460 02-02-2014 07:29 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Odd question for flood believers Fisty_McBeefpunch 41 2,211 04-07-2013 02:56 PM
Last Post: Free Thought