Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
(18-12-2012 10:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They also were not a shipbuilding culture, or a sea-faring people. They were totally land based. Knowledge of ship-building did not exists among the Canaanites. They got the ship construction from somewhere else, (obviously from Gilgamesh, as the boat dimensions are very similar).

I posted on a different thread that there's no evidence that the story of Noah's Ark came from the epic of Gilgamesh, but this is actually pretty compelling evidence. If it's true that the Canaanites knew nothing about ship-building (and it's pretty reasonable that a desert tribe didn't have knowledge about how to build boats), then there's enough information in the flood myth to suggest that such knowledge was stolen rather than made up, and this epic is the prime suspect. Color me corrected.

It's nice to have something new to think about...

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
21-12-2012, 09:13 PM
(15-07-2012 11:07 AM)SlipStitch Wrote:  Some Christian somewhere (can't recall which branch of Christianity it was) had said that the excess water from the Flood was evaporated and became the clouds in the sky, which then rain and so on and so forth.
It absolutely amazes me that these people can't see that they're spouting an outright mythology. It's a classic mythical explanation for why clouds exist and why it rains. If they heard something similar from an old African tribesman, they'd dismiss it as nothing more than myth.

Absolutely stunning.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
22-12-2012, 12:02 AM
(15-07-2012 11:07 AM)SlipStitch Wrote:  Some Christian somewhere (can't recall which branch of Christianity it was) had said that the excess water from the Flood was evaporated and became the clouds in the sky, which then rain and so on and so forth. I'm sketchy on if the Bible actually says this, as it's been quite a few years since I've been able to sit down and stomach more than a few pages of the thing in years now, but his reasoning in this is that there originally was no rain, snow, so on, and that these things, along with the seasons themselves, supposedly, came AFTER the Flood as a result of the impact it had on the planet. Of course, that makes one wonder why it rained at all in the first place, if it had never rained previously, but Christians aren't known to make much sense. We'll just chalk that up to "God did it" like usual.

How did the plants get water before this? He told me that a mist of sorts would rise from the ground during the night to water the plants, and would disappear in the morning. Well, alrightie then, that just makes all the sense in the world, right?

Yup. Sounds very familair. Confused It's crazy that I used to believe this. I actually laughed at the "the excess water from the Flood was evaporated and became the clouds in the sky."
I majored in science during college and I still chose to believe that one. I suppose that is what fear and brainwashing will do.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Flowergurl's post
22-12-2012, 04:14 AM
(22-12-2012 12:02 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Yup. Sounds very familair. Confused It's crazy that I used to believe this. I actually laughed at the "the excess water from the Flood was evaporated and became the clouds in the sky."
I majored in science during college and I still chose to believe that one. I suppose that is what fear and brainwashing will do.
Don't worry, plenty of us been up the same ol' well trodden garden path. There's even a thread somewhere with 'embarrassing shit you used to believe' - read it for a laugh sometime, there's some real howlers Smile
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-01-2013, 04:27 AM
(19-12-2012 08:01 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 10:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They also were not a shipbuilding culture, or a sea-faring people. They were totally land based. Knowledge of ship-building did not exists among the Canaanites. They got the ship construction from somewhere else, (obviously from Gilgamesh, as the boat dimensions are very similar).

I posted on a different thread that there's no evidence that the story of Noah's Ark came from the epic of Gilgamesh, but this is actually pretty compelling evidence. If it's true that the Canaanites knew nothing about ship-building (and it's pretty reasonable that a desert tribe didn't have knowledge about how to build boats), then there's enough information in the flood myth to suggest that such knowledge was stolen rather than made up, and this epic is the prime suspect. Color me corrected.

It's nice to have something new to think about...

Now if only more people had the capacity for genuine self observation, correction, and improvement; we'd all be better off. Kudos to you for changing your point of view in light of compelling evidence.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-01-2013, 12:56 AM
I love the Noah's Ark story. Why? Because the author of genesis was dumb enough to give measurements for the ark. The best way to stump a believer is to ask them, "Do you believe the Bible is 100% accurate?" they will almost always say yes. And then you break out the math for Noah's Ark. It just leaves them blown away. The best part is watching them scramble to try and make an excuse for the story, to which all you have to do is show them the Bible verses giving the measurements of the Ark, and the amount of animals that had to fit on board it. In the end, you get the obligatory, "I'll pray for you" and then they walk off. Hopefully to take a closer look at that book they worship.
14-01-2013, 11:34 PM
(11-01-2013 12:56 AM)DerekS Wrote:  I love the Noah's Ark story. Why? Because the author of genesis was dumb enough to give measurements for the ark. The best way to stump a believer is to ask them, "Do you believe the Bible is 100% accurate?" they will almost always say yes. And then you break out the math for Noah's Ark. It just leaves them blown away. The best part is watching them scramble to try and make an excuse for the story, to which all you have to do is show them the Bible verses giving the measurements of the Ark, and the amount of animals that had to fit on board it. In the end, you get the obligatory, "I'll pray for you" and then they walk off. Hopefully to take a closer look at that book they worship.
I too share your love of this story if you haven't already figured that out.

However, I suck at math so I found many more logical inconsistencies to debate. An Asian that's bad at math... how illogical is that?

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
16-01-2013, 11:04 AM
The earth is 70% covered with water, there is even more water dispersed through the earth's crust and there's endless amounts of water out in space apparently left over from the Great Flood.

Water is EVERYWHERE.

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w
16-01-2013, 11:57 AM
(16-01-2013 11:04 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  ...

apparently left over from the Great Flood. Laughat

Big Grin Good one!

16-01-2013, 12:17 PM
(16-01-2013 11:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 11:04 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  ...

apparently left over from the Great Flood. Laughat

Big Grin Good one!
What, no rebuttal? Both scripturally and scientifically it is certain. The Bible says it plain, that there was an upwelling of water from the deep AND that the heavens opened to allow the inflow of a torrent of water.

Now we know that there is water in the earth's crust in aquifers and other underground sources AND we can see objects made of water in the spaces above the earth.

This seems conclusive to me.

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w