Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
*waits*

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 01:07 PM
(16-01-2013 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.

I beg your pardon?
Noah was capable of sin. All his sons and their wives were.

Do you even know what the word Nephilim means?
17-01-2013, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 02:00 PM by kingschosen.)
(17-01-2013 01:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 01:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.

I beg your pardon?

There is seriously something wrong with you...

Noah was pardoned of this; which is why we have the story. Not including Noah with the aforementioned goes without saying.

Edit: giants or "fallen ones"

Edit 2: I would also like to point out why no one wants to debate you... and it's not the reason why you think. How does the definition of "Nephilim" affect the outcome of my question? It's a strawman. All your arguments are strawmen. Implying that I don't know the definition of the word does nothing for the answering of the question. It's irrelevant.

[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
17-01-2013, 02:30 PM
The entire story of the "Nephilim" is an interesting one. Angels are SAID to be being without physical form. But even IF they DID have a physical form, for their purposed creation, they would have absolutely no way of making human women pregnant. It seems like SUCH a mythical story that I am surprised that people could see the "Nephilim" story as a literal one.
17-01-2013, 02:35 PM
[Image: snack.gif]

/thread

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-01-2013, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 03:07 PM by Lion IRC.)
(17-01-2013 01:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.
(17-01-2013 01:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  I beg your pardon?

(17-01-2013 01:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  There is seriously something wrong with you...

Noah was pardoned of this; which is why we have the story. Not including Noah with the aforementioned goes without saying.

Edit 2: I would also like to point out why no one wants to debate you... and it's not the reason why you think. How does the definition of "Nephilim" affect the outcome of my question? It's a strawman. All your arguments are strawmen. Implying that I don't know the definition of the word does nothing for the answering of the question. It's irrelevant.

Noah and his sons and their wives were not incapable of sin.

The Flood did NOT wash away original sin from them and all their descendants some of whom were called Nephilim - a biblical word which has a range meanings, most of which you are clearly ignorant.
17-01-2013, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 03:22 PM by Lion IRC.)
Quote: atheismExposed, question about the validity of the flood story and the literal interpretation:

The main reason for the flood was because of sin. One of the major perpetrators of sin were the Nephilim. In Genesis 6 it talks about them and how God found favor with Noah.

Genesis 6:4
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.

Genesis 7:4
4 For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made.”

Quote:So, how is it that ~1500 years later, the Nephilim aren't only alive but thriving?

Numbers 13:32-33
32 So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. 33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Lets get this locked down! Angry

You say (quite incorrectly) that the Flood was to destroy all life that was capable of sinning.
You then ask how come Nephilim are still around after the Flood.

Answer - Because The Flood did not expunge the word Nephilim from the Hebrew language.
17-01-2013, 03:47 PM
(17-01-2013 03:18 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
Quote: atheismExposed, question about the validity of the flood story and the literal interpretation:

The main reason for the flood was because of sin. One of the major perpetrators of sin were the Nephilim. In Genesis 6 it talks about them and how God found favor with Noah.

Genesis 6:4
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.

Genesis 7:4
4 For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made.”

Quote:So, how is it that ~1500 years later, the Nephilim aren't only alive but thriving?

Numbers 13:32-33
32 So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. 33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Lets get this locked down! Angry

You say (quite incorrectly) that the Flood was to destroy all life that was capable of sinning.
You then ask how come Nephilim are still around after the Flood.

Answer - Because The Flood did not expunge the word Nephilim from the Hebrew language.
Are you implying that the word "Nephilim" is a generic word for either 1) giant people or 2) "fallen" people and not as was according to Hebrew tradition (offspring of angels and humans)?

If so, I'm assuming you take the offspring of Seth route as to what you think the Nephs are.

This is a yes or no question. Please answer accordingly.

17-01-2013, 04:54 PM
(17-01-2013 03:04 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 01:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...According to the Bible, the flood extinguished all life on Earth; especially all life that was capable of sinning.
(17-01-2013 01:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  I beg your pardon?

(17-01-2013 01:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  There is seriously something wrong with you...

Noah and his sons and their wives were not incapable of sin.

The Flood did NOT wash away original sin from them and all their descendants some of whom were called Nephilim - a biblical word which has a range meanings, most of which you are clearly ignorant.
That interpretation holds little weight and isn't evident in contemporary writing of the time. Likewise, there are fragments of the DSC that reference Seth's kids and Cain's kids knockin' boots, but that is hardly enough evidence to say that is what the Nephilim are.

There is far more written and traditional evidence that the Nephilim are the offspring of angels and humans.

17-01-2013, 05:05 PM
(17-01-2013 04:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:04 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Noah and his sons and their wives were not incapable of sin.

That interpretation holds little weight and isn't evident in contemporary writing of the time. Likewise, there are fragments of the DSC that reference Seth's kids and Cain's kids knockin' boots, but that is hardly enough evidence to say that is what the Nephilim are.

There is far more written and traditional evidence that the Nephilim are the offspring of angels and humans.
Both angels and humans existed after the flood, so even if pre-flood Nephilim were destroyed the capacity existed for more to come into being Smile

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Evidence Against (?) Evolution RedJamaX 8 444 12-07-2014 07:12 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna Metazoa Zeke 68 1,556 11-07-2014 07:17 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Noah's Ark Calculation TheSkeptic 13 307 11-06-2014 05:47 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist. Metazoa Zeke 14 306 07-03-2014 09:16 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  The thread where Drich provides evidence rampant.a.i. 30 761 05-03-2014 05:48 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Noah's Flood vs Population bottlenecks and the foundereffect Metazoa Zeke 7 462 02-02-2014 07:29 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Odd question for flood believers Fisty_McBeefpunch 41 2,213 04-07-2013 02:56 PM
Last Post: Free Thought