Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
(17-01-2013 05:05 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 04:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That interpretation holds little weight and isn't evident in contemporary writing of the time. Likewise, there are fragments of the DSC that reference Seth's kids and Cain's kids knockin' boots, but that is hardly enough evidence to say that is what the Nephilim are.

There is far more written and traditional evidence that the Nephilim are the offspring of angels and humans.
Both angels and humans existed after the flood, so even if pre-flood Nephilim were destroyed the capacity existed for more to come into being Smile
Ahhh, so you believe a localized flood?

Edit: If so, legitimate reconciliation. No further questions.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 05:59 PM
(17-01-2013 05:05 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 04:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That interpretation holds little weight and isn't evident in contemporary writing of the time. Likewise, there are fragments of the DSC that reference Seth's kids and Cain's kids knockin' boots, but that is hardly enough evidence to say that is what the Nephilim are.

There is far more written and traditional evidence that the Nephilim are the offspring of angels and humans.
Both angels and humans existed after the flood, so even if pre-flood Nephilim were destroyed the capacity existed for more to come into being Smile
It's a fucking myth, folks. Get a life. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2013, 10:10 PM
(17-01-2013 03:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:18 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Lets get this locked down! Angry

You say (quite incorrectly) that the Flood was to destroy all life that was capable of sinning.
You then ask how come Nephilim are still around after the Flood.

Answer - Because The Flood did not expunge the word Nephilim from the Hebrew language.
Are you implying that the word "Nephilim" is a generic word for either 1) giant people or 2) "fallen" people and not as was according to Hebrew tradition (offspring of angels and humans)?

If so, I'm assuming you take the offspring of Seth route as to what you think the Nephs are.

This is a yes or no question. Please answer accordingly.

No, its not me who described these Cushite Anakim people (the descendants of Anak) as being like Nephilim.

I dont liken them to the Nephilim.

The Israelites are the ones who looked at their formidable warlike characteristics and called them Nephilim. Israelite spies (who never saw an antediluvian Nephilim) encountered these people and that ancient biblical word would have come to mind immediately, upon seeing really, really big human beings, as an apt comparison.
17-01-2013, 10:40 PM
(17-01-2013 10:10 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Are you implying that the word "Nephilim" is a generic word for either 1) giant people or 2) "fallen" people and not as was according to Hebrew tradition (offspring of angels and humans)?

If so, I'm assuming you take the offspring of Seth route as to what you think the Nephs are.

This is a yes or no question. Please answer accordingly.

No, its not me who described these Cushite Anakim people (the descendants of Anak) as being like Nephilim.

I dont liken them to the Nephilim.

The Israelites are the ones who looked at their formidable warlike characteristics and called them Nephilim. Israelite spies (who never saw an antediluvian Nephilim) encountered these people and that ancient biblical word would have come to mind immediately, upon seeing really, really big human beings, as an apt comparison.
There is nothing in the text that suggest they were using the word as a hyperbole. The texts suggest it to be very literal. The exact words are used in both accounts; likewise, there are no modifiers that present it as a metaphor or simile. It was written as literal and meant to be taken literally.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-01-2013, 11:35 PM
When you're done with the Nephilim, can we get back to arguing something important? Like the number of feathers on an angel's wings, or how many of said angels can fit on the head of a pin... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
18-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Angels have 422 feathers per wing and the number that can fit on a head of a pin are 5. 6 if two of them are spooning.
[+] 3 users Like SarnDarkholm's post
18-01-2013, 01:43 AM
(18-01-2013 12:54 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  Angels have 422 feathers per wing and the number that can fit on a head of a pin are 5. 6 if two of them are spooning.

The amount of feathers on angels wings only appear in amounts divisible by ten, so the closest would be 420 (don't ask me how I know this, just have faith). And are 2 angels spooning, leaving 4 standing? Or are 2 pair spooning, leaving 2 standing?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 01:50 AM
(18-01-2013 01:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 12:54 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  Angels have 422 feathers per wing and the number that can fit on a head of a pin are 5. 6 if two of them are spooning.

The amount of feathers on angels wings only appear in amounts divisible by ten, so the closest would be 420 (don't ask me how I know this, just have faith). And are 2 angels spooning, leaving 4 standing? Or are 2 pair spooning, leaving 2 standing?

Three spooning, the other two are on either side hugging and one laying on top.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-01-2013, 01:51 AM
(18-01-2013 01:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

4 are standing. The two who are spooning are gay. Their names are Adam and Steve.
[+] 2 users Like SarnDarkholm's post
18-01-2013, 01:54 AM
(18-01-2013 01:51 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 01:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The amount of feathers on angels wings only appear in amounts divisible by ten, so the closest would be 420 (don't ask me how I know this, just have faith). And are 2 angels spooning, leaving 4 standing? Or are 2 pair spooning, leaving 2 standing?

4 are standing. The two who are spooning are gay. Their names are Adam and Steve.

No...it's a circle jerk...

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post