Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
(18-01-2013 06:14 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
Quote: Get over yourselves and learn to deal with reality and your utter insignificance in/to the universe, for crying out loud.
And herein lies the danger of the Atheistic heliocentric model. The universe is big and pointless, you are small and pointless, your life is insignificant.

Atheists don't value human life, clearly. It explains all the genocide and suffering that happens in Atheistic communist countries
That's a pretty ignorant and unfounded statement.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
23-02-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!!
(18-01-2013 10:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 09:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And no, you cannot pawn off the attempted genocides of nations like Soviet Russia to us as if they are unique to us, I am not denying that they happened however, the religious have a far longer history of even larger scales of death and destruction, by chance, have your heard of the many Crusades, the Dark Ages perhaps? Religion is simply mired in blood, in my opinion, the writing of ancient, ignorant barbarians it is simply best left in the dust as our species move to greater things, or held in museums as a curiosity and cautionary tale which humanity should never repeat.

I'll do you one better. This argument isn't about assigning death tolls to theists and atheists, and seeing who has the bigger pile of corpses. The problem with most, if not all, historical genocides has been DOGMA. During the Crusades and the Inquisition, it was religious dogma. During the Stalin and Maoist regimes, it was political dogma. For Hitler and Mussolini, it was a mixture of both. The single unifying trait they all shared was dogmatism.

dog·ma noun \ˈdȯg-mə, ˈdäg-\
a : something held as an established opinion; especially : a definite authoritative tenet
b : a code of such tenets
c : a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative without adequate grounds

2 : a doctrine or body of doctrines concerning faith or morals formally stated and authoritatively proclaimed by a church

None of these atrocities were caused by the people involved in them being too skeptical, too credulous, too demanding of evidence for their beliefs. We [skeptics] demand evidence for our beliefs. One has to wonder if your [AtheismExposed] standards for belief are any better than the crusaders, bolsheviks, or nazis.

:Edited for Grammar:
I would add on to that and say that wars are only fought over ideologies. Nobody fights over whose science is right.

Religion is an ideology, and we all know how many wars were responsible for that. Political ideologies (usually using a religious figure; i.e. the holy status of North Korean leaders) are also responsible for many wars.

But you know what? M-Theory supporters don't go killing Loop Quantum Gravity supporters to "prove" they're right. They go and find some damn evidence.

So when it comes down to it, a theist has more reason to start a war than an atheist.

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply