Logical fallacies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2017, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2017 11:21 AM by DLJ.)
Logical fallacies
Does anybody know of a website or other resource that explains logical fallacies? I know of a couple, such as the circular argument and the appeal to emotion, but I would like to learn more.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes captainphilbo's post
30-04-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Ligical fallacies
(30-04-2017 11:13 AM)captainphilbo Wrote:  Does anybody know of a website or other resource that explains logical fallacies? I know of a couple, such as the circular argument and the appeal to emotion, but I would like to learn more.

Aaaaaaand, I just learned the value of previewing a post before posting it. I spelled "Logical" wrong in the title. Clearly, I have much to learn.
[+] 2 users Like captainphilbo's post
30-04-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: Ligical fallacies
(30-04-2017 11:13 AM)captainphilbo Wrote:  Does anybody know of a website or other resource that explains logical fallacies? I know of a couple, such as the circular argument and the appeal to emotion, but I would like to learn more.

Here's one:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/index.html
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
30-04-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: Logical fallacies
(30-04-2017 11:15 AM)captainphilbo Wrote:  ...
Aaaaaaand, I just learned the value of previewing a post before posting it. I spelled "Logical" wrong in the title. Clearly, I have much to learn.

Fixed

"We are here to serve."

I was tempted to change it to Logical Phalluses but that would have been a dick move.

Angel

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
30-04-2017, 11:31 AM
A few to get you started:

University of Texas Master List of Logical Fallacies

UNC Logical Fallacies in Writing

Wikipedia List of Logical Fallacies

Logical Fallacies Handlist

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 4 users Like Rockblossom's post
30-04-2017, 02:18 PM
(30-04-2017 11:15 AM)captainphilbo Wrote:  

Go to your OP, click "edit all" ... you can fix it. We've all done it. Rolleyes
Oh, I see you did that.
Never mind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-04-2017, 05:08 PM
(30-04-2017 11:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-04-2017 11:15 AM)captainphilbo Wrote:  ...

Fixed

"We are here to serve."

I was tempted to change it to Logical Phalluses but that would have been a dick move.

Angel

Laugh out load
30-04-2017, 05:25 PM

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-04-2017, 05:26 PM

Here's a good one for explanation: https://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html

If you want a large list here's the Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
[+] 1 user Likes Naielis's post