London borough 'put under Sharia law'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2011, 12:58 PM
London borough 'put under Sharia law'

A London borough has been put under sharia law and been declared an Islamic emirate by a group of fundamentalists. These fine gentlemen wish to restore peace and order to the region. Some of their quotes:

Quote:"Women would have to cover up. It should be forbidden that they are not. Thieves should have their hands cut off."

Quote:"Stoning of adulterers? One day we hope it will happen."

[Image: sharia-zone-poster.jpg]

Nice... Let's just hope it stays limited to a few loonies.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
RE: London borough 'put under Sharia law'
If we can really start cutting people's hands off for stealing, I'm willing to look for a middle ground with these people.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-08-2011, 02:14 AM
(01-08-2011 01:09 PM)BnW Wrote:  If we can really start cutting people's hands off for stealing, I'm willing to look for a middle ground with these people. Wink
Fixed? Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't think this is a real story the sun has a habit of making stuff up and embellishing the truth. The suns the only place that seems to have had this as a story.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
(02-08-2011 11:06 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I don't think this is a real story the sun has a habit of making stuff up and embellishing the truth. The suns the only place that seems to have had this as a story.
I goggled a bit and nothing in particular came up. You'd say something like that would be worth mentioning don't you think...

+1 rep for critical/skeptical thinking FSM_scot

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
02-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I found this but I don't consider the daily mail a reputable newspaper.

I found this in the Daily Telegrah but I had to go to their site directly. Google did not find it (or at least high enough to jump over my boredom threshold).

I could not find anything on the Guardian.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
In future just remember the sun is owned by the same people that own fox news and other media organisations that are well known for bullshit so if they report something that seems to strange to be true chances are it's made up.
Thanks for my first +1 rep The_observer Smile

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
02-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I may be going out on a limb, but has anyone thought this might be a very well played practical joke/prank?

Or perhaps a political statement, not an actual enforcement.

Those seem much more likely. I for one think that it would be shameful for England to stand idly by while these extremists push their views on what I am sure of countless non-Muslims in the area.

Perhaps the politicians are being cowardly because they don't want to find a bomb in their mail box.

Sometimes I truly debate which I dislike more, Islam or Christianity...

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
03-08-2011, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 12:20 AM by James The Brit.)
Saw this in the newspaper, i really dont think it will last long, after all its england ;/

But if i ever enter that place i definitly wont give a shit.

btw i saw this in the daliy mail aswell.
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Anjem Choudary is quite well known for these sort of stunts and other really unpleasant appearances. The only references to him I found in the Guardian were that he should not be given publicity. It is interesting that right wing newspapers reported it and left wing ignored it. I can see arguments both for and against. However the bare truth seems to be that it did really happen but that it was merely a stunt by a fantasist that has gained no traction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user